18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
Zig-Zag Vaporizers Zig-Zag vaporizers are a modern take on an iconic brand, with a style as individual as yours.

Cart Ingredients

TrishaTrisha Posts: 45Member
edited May 2011 in V2 Cigs Product Q&A

Not to long ago I saw a list of ingredients of all the flavors.  I'm in a heated discussion with a cig retailer that claims the ingredients in the e-cig is more deadly than regular cigs.  Of course he is trying to scare me back on smoking my old cigs.  Fat chance of that happening.  I love my V2 and with the menthol flavor.  I have challenged him to produce a list of ingredients on his products and I will produce a list of my Menthol V2 carts.  Now I can't find the list.  Help.  BTW, he won't be able to get the list of ingredients, as it is a closely guarded secret by the big tabacco giants.  If the FDA knew exactly what all is in cigs, they would be made illegal to produce and sell.

Any info on when we might see V2 come out with some liquids  I hope they don't change any of the flavors in the juice.  Personally I don't like filling blanks and had rather just buy the pre-filled carts, but would like to keep a bottle of juice on hand to top off a few of the carts I have gotten that had very llittle of any on them.  Not very often, but it has happened.  

Trisha                     

Comments

• VapinitaVapinita Posts: 746Member
    Trisha, the list of ingredients can be found on the V2cig site under Customer Service/Downloads.
    http://www.v2cigs.com/templates/__custom/v2_ingredients_list.pdf

You can win this challenge hands down. Especially if you include information about the safety of propylene glycol and the health benefits and uses of nicotine and the fact that it is found in small quantities in many of the foods we eat.

Go get 'em girl! :)
  • StorytellerStoryteller Posts: 563Member
    quick draw Vapinitia LOL
    heh heh, beat ya. 
  • StorytellerStoryteller Posts: 563Member
    edited May 2011

@vap - havnt been lurking or sick. Just putting in too many hours I am in the middle of rebuilding 3 major websites, thats keeping me at the keyboard for 12-14 hours a day working instead of playing. Hell iv'e been typing so much that I now have to work and am forced to take a break every 45 minutes to give my right hand a break because of the soreness and even Vicodin wont remove the pain.......hopefully i will caught up by June 1st so I can come up for some air>

I figured you were very busy. I checked your new vape juice site a couple of times to see if you might be pouring a lot of your time in to that, but realize that you have other websites too. It's good to have you here for a little bit. Take care of that hand!
  • EarthpigEarthpig Posts: 4,754V2 Veteran
    edited May 2011
    Trisha
    It is so easy on the ingredients. There are 2 basics and the remainder is dependent on the flavorings.
    1) Propylene Glycol = 80-90% of all the mix. (the other option which is equally inert and safe is Vegetable Glycerine)
    2) Nicotine = 0 to 5% (and is a better and more refined grade than cigs) 
    3) Flavorings = 5 -15%, and are food grade .

Flavorings are the weakest link in the whole mix. Also sometimes alcohol or distilled water gets added as a thinner in usually no more than 5% but that is dependent on the particular flavor, if used at all. 

Thats It! 
    When you look at V2's list of ingredients it looks complex, but not so.
    If I broke down chemical properties of (lets say) an apple, you would be shocked at the list and confused.
  • stephankstephank Posts: 142Member
    i looked up all the ingredients on wikipedia and some food additive flavoring website and most are safe for consumption, and most if not all, are used in the food industry and a lot of the ingredients are FDA approved for food and additives. so my opinion if they can be ingested, why not inhaled. i hope the FDA approves ecigs
  • EarthpigEarthpig Posts: 4,754V2 Veteran
    edited May 2011
    A caution of food additives being eaten rather than breathed is a difference in how the body metabolizes certain things. You can eat oils, but breathing them can be long term deadly, as an example.(no, there are no oils in e-juice) 
    The stomach has acids to break things down. Lungs don't, and it goes through a slight differing process.

It's kinda why I have been a little cautious of what we vape in the form of flavorings.

Now mind you, with cigs there are some 4000 chemicals (after burnt) and in e-cigs it's generally around 50. So it is a major difference.
    One thing. We know pretty well what we vape. In fact we have a better handle on what we vape and the industry is only 4 or so years old. As old a cigs are, we still don't have a complete listing of everything in the many varieties of cigarettes out there.
  • lulu836lulu836 Posts: 762V2 Veteran ✭✭
    Is nicotine implied and if it were on the list would the % depend on the strength?  Does that make sense?  I can't think  of any other way to express my question.
  • goin4nosmokegoin4nosmoke Posts: 1,682Member
    yeah    watch for the oils      
    lulu, the list of ingredients for each flavor tells what is used to make that flavor. Then in the manufacturing process, when they are making, for instance, the 6mg cherry carts, they combine the cherry juice with an amount of nicotine to produce the desired strength for 6mg carts. 
  • WolfWolf Posts: 20Member
    And now that analogs have that fire safe paper, I'm sure that's an additional 50-100 checmicals in them. 
  • goin4nosmokegoin4nosmoke Posts: 1,682Member
    YEAH  wolf    with the glue in it   yuck
    You hear all sorts of things that may or may not be true, but I heard that what they use to retard the paper burn is carpet glue. :P
  • VapetressVapetress Posts: 1,076Member
    Trisha: Go get'em girl : )
    Vapinita: I didn't know Story had any websites...that is so cool.
    Story: I didn't know you had any websites?? LOL When you get a chance, I sent you a PM yesterday...maybe when you have a chance to read it, you can reply...with your website address...LOL I would love to check them out : )
    Vapetress