18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Are these flavors sugar and calorie free?

SammySammy Posts: 862Member
edited June 2011 in V2 Cigs Product Q&A
Don't laugh....... girls gotta keep her figure donchaknow   ;;)

Comments

• Andries_V2cigsAndries_V2cigs Posts: 539Administrator admin
    I'm really not 100% sure... I will ask the chemists.
  • MojoMojo Posts: 1,202Member
    I have no clue about that.  But I can tell somebody is really excited about getting her kit!  Hey I was too I ain't  laughing!
  • scottie2hottiescottie2hottie Posts: 7,265V2 Veteran
    I think I have been vaping like big mac and I haven't gained an ounce....
  • SammySammy Posts: 862Member
    I am! But its sitting in Miami or something. So prob not til next week.

I don't do sugar, or processed carbs at all, so its an important question. Thanks Andries.
    Sorry Star... I was kind of poking fun at the village you know what.... It rhymes with scroll...
  • GeezGeez Posts: 3,112Member
    can you absorb sugar into your bloodstream and/or calories with vapor?
    I'm thinking so. No worries Scottie!  >:D<
    Went looking for info and ran across THIS site:  

• MissStarMissStar Posts: 47Member
    I'm glad someone else was wondering the same question as me lol
  • MissStarMissStar Posts: 47Member
    And that link is awesome!! Pretty much sums up the way I'm hoping to feel about my chocolate carts lol
    lol thats awesome

but.... u can taste all the pizza you want...does it actually fill you up??
  • EarthpigEarthpig Posts: 4,754V2 Veteran
    Not totally, but they are very slow sugars. Low glycemic . And considering a whole cart is less than 1ml (around 2 Tic Tac's in size = i pack of cigs), we are talking a non starter as far as calorie content. It's like  a veggie like fluid worth of carto fluid. 
    VG (vegetable glycerine) is veggie oil and palm oil, glycerized. 
  • talecontalecon Posts: 188Member
    I remember wondering if cigarettes have calories and they do - I think I read they are about 125 calories or something. I guess if I was eating as many cigarettes as I was smoking, it would make me gain weight lol
    Yeah, but the calories of cigs are burned off (literally) before they get there.
    Seriously? 125 calories a cig? When you are on a 1200 cal a day eating plan. Thats a lot of those calories used up right there in a puff of smoke.

Crazy, I never knew that.
    Now Imma gunna be worried about the cal content in my e cigs! hahaha  naw, must be minimal... the ladies would FREAK otherwise.

Thanks for the info
  • talecontalecon Posts: 188Member
    I think the cal content in ciggies only counts if u actually eat the ciggie - but I could be wrong
    :-?
  • CatLadyCatLady Posts: 619Member
    uh, Star, that's if you ate the cigs.  Smoking them disappears the calories.  I don't imagine you'd have much luck attempting to ingest calories via inhaling.
    yes I know, just being a nutbar. That WAS a funny link though. Vaping pizza haw!
  • CatLadyCatLady Posts: 619Member
    I don't know...it just wouldn't be pizza if your fingers didn't get greasy.   

And the joke's on me--I thought you were serious.  

@catlady you forgot hot melting cheese burning you chin....LOL

mmm melted pizza n cheese vape
  • Manny_V2cigsManny_V2cigs Posts: 98Member
    edited June 2011
    I think, if you decided to pull a (#1 from Mcdonalds) and drink the contents in the cartridge, yes you will have to account for some calories. If you use the e-cig in the way that it is designed to be used then you have no worries.
  • Good one Manny! ahhhhh haaaaaaa haaaaa
  • TamyTamy Posts: 1,864V2 Veteran
    I would still like to know if there are any calories in the juice.
    Yeah, i'm not sure either tammy but we are looking into it. :)
    @hemp what are you talking about shhhhh lol
  • StorytellerStoryteller Posts: 563Member

I am with EP , Propylene Glycol is a sugar and some is absorbed into your blodd stream although a minute  amount. Also there are sweetners in some juices. But at the rate of absorbtion through inhaling the calorie count should be very low. Say less than 10-20 cals per cart. That doesnt explain why I have gained 20 lbs since I started vapng though...

Oh wait, I have gained because I have been pulling 12 hour days for the last 3 months at the desk and travels to LA, to KS and now I am off to CA this weekend,,, Sheez, gotta get off my fat ass and loose some of this fat.

NO NO NO vaping did NOT make me gain weight, but it sure has given me an insatiable appetite heheeheh.

Oh thats just GRAND! 

@-)

Steak and shrimp flavored vape anyone?

edited June 2011

Its out there Star   I had some bacon and McRib Juice once lol..

But I would be carefull with the experimentation.. Hard tellin what they use to make those flavors..

As Earth Pig will say the flavoring is the one unkown thing at this point and we dont know enough yet to say that flavorings are totally safe.

does menthol count as a "flavoring"

lol
  • Man Story... Here I was hoping hoping that I could put on about 10lb vaping. ugh...
    Now what?

You can have some of my extra fat, i would be glad to ship it to ya  lol

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2011
    Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhhh! lol After 3 kids....Fast food 5 days a week....gallon of Dr.Pepper a day.... That might be my only hope. Lol
    You lucky stiff. I look at food I gain pounds...Its a battle to keep it off, if I didnt spend 4-6 hours a week at the gym I would be buying two plane tickets in a month lol
  • MojoMojo Posts: 1,202Member
    The Hemp girl seems to have a weight-less problem!
  • Lol.... I just want like 5-10 lb and I will be happy! It sucks not being able to put on weight! Im 5'8 and 105ish.... That's bad bad bad.
    edited June 2011
    Nah, TH That's good. You are of the chosen few that doesn't have to sweat what they eat, except that it's good for you.  Eat well, and you'll live long.

Story
    The flavorings are  lot better known than you might think, but the issue is that they use some nasty ones anyways and no one gets it. Long term will tell. Don't put yourselves in the category of being a test sampling.
    Use good judgment.

Others
    As far as THC in e-cigs. Nothing new but might I suggest (as I have before) that we are having enough of a uphill battle with the FDA and authorities, without adding another layer to combat.
    Start adding THC, and the next thing you know is cops will start referring to e-cigs as paraphenalia (sp). Then were done. Add to tha the negative connotations of the general public and the the politicians? 
    Please leave the idea alone...ok? 
    Don't ruin it for the next guy/gal.

And DON'T vape oils. It's deadly in the lungs. One man is suspected to have died from it in England, but the results are still held back and blamed on e-cigs in general.
  • HoracleoHoracleo Posts: 203Member
    I'm with EP.
    I don't care what anybody does with their private use, but this needs to be as widely accepted as possible for it to survive the trials ahead. Any excuse will be exploited by a myriad of parties to support regulation or outright banning. Please be very careful and cagey when discussing alternate use.
  • nomorecigsnomorecigs Posts: 1,582Member
    edited June 2011

@Totally   wait til you go thru menopause & hit 50, it did terrible things to me!  Now try to get exercise by roller blading, the Just Dance game, etc.   btw, that game is fun/funny! 

@EP   if a big company, tw, has line of dvflavours, are they considered safe then?  This has worried me since started vaping.  I use to die if got any menthol juice on lips, now kinda like it!  V2 doesn't happen much but when it does...!  Think goin lower nic someday to see if I can get by w/just the flavor eventually.  Can't wait for their juice/clearomizers to come out!

• JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,248Member ✭✭✭
    Kim, no, that's very, very good. You're not underweight. Don't wish for weight, my wife was built like you and after the forty's hit so does some unwanted weight. You should be happy as hell beanstalk.
  • Oh now I have to be a beanstalk? Thanx Jackieo. Lmao
  • JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,248Member ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Lori is having a hell of a time right now. You are perfect beanstalk. The weight may come and you might not be able to control it, and that ain't fun. You are hot as hell.
    Hey TH.
    Beats the alternative.
    It's better to shower with a pencil between your teeth, (so it stops you before going down the drain) , than fight trying to lose weight. But don't eat junk to throw weight on.
    I lost 45 lbs, and put back on 15. I'm 5' 9" 150lbs, . 

Nomorecigs
    Comparing to cigs, you are multiple times safer than and that's the key. Claims (and I can't back this, since the science is spotty) are that e-cigs are 100-1400x safer than cigs, depending on the juice and also what you smoked previously. 
    Hey, I can easily live with 100x safer . Can you? 
    There is no such thing as a harmless juice and it doesn't matter who sells it. The point is to lessen risks because none of us know long term effects. It's "Harm Reduction" NOT "Harm Elimination". 
    All I'm advocating is using good judgment, and looking at what we vape. Don't overdo because you think "I don't smoke anymore, and these are harmless!" It's just less harmful. Anything you breathe n has it's elements of risk, except pure air.

Same with what we eat (TH). Some things can kill us...in time.

• nomorecigsnomorecigs Posts: 1,582Member
    Thanks EP, except there isn't much good pure air anymore either!  Oh well!
  • EP..... There you go with that humor thing again! :O lol
    edited June 2011
    Th that pencil joke was pretty damn funny... I almost spit my coffee all over the puter screen when I read that... And like Geez I swear I didn't picture you taking a shower with a pencil in your mouth... LOL as hell...
    :-))
  • Again.....wtfe =; lol
    Aw come on TH admit that was funny... The pencil thing... If its any consolation I heard them all growing up toothpick, string bean, and beanpole as well. My favs were "you must like basketball" and "I bet you'll grow up to be taller than your dad.
  • cindycatedcindycated Posts: 123Member
    Meanwhile, back at the thread...

I don't think these things are calorie free (food additives after all), but I have noticed that some are sweeter than others (a lot), and I haven't had to eat dessert all week (just started refilling)!