18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
Zig-Zag Vaporizers Zig-Zag vaporizers are a modern take on an iconic brand, with a style as individual as yours.

thc e liquid

ELSURFOELSURFO Posts: 12Member
edited August 2011 in The World of E-Cigarettes
hope this is an ok topic, but i do have a Rx and am legally allowed. has anyone made a thc tintcure with VG and successfully vaped and felt the effects? dont want to hear anyones veiws on medical marijuana, not what i intended for this post. thanks

Comments

• EarthpigEarthpig Posts: 4,754V2 Veteran
    If we don't have enough of a fight w/e-cigs, from a legal standpoint and political entities trying to outlaw us, why would we EVER consider adding this issue to the mix? The mindset of those trying to outlaw us is strong and active. Adding the unit as a "illegal drug delivery device" is something the responsible e-cig users should avoid at all costs, and fight against.

Mind you, I'm not anti marijuana , even though I haven't smoked it for over a decade now. 
    I'm a Libertarian in thinking on a right leaning angle of it. The idea of the "war on drugs" and the illegality of it, is disturbing.
    That said, the drug is illegal and the e-cig is also in the politicians cross hairs . To mix the two wont help either fight . (a) for thc being legal OR (b) e-cigs remaining legal.

• VapestackVapestack Posts: 707Member
    Agree with EP, and it has been kinda sneak around asked on other forums and quickly quashed... You can vape pot, ya just need a different device , you can vape alcohol, actually we aerosolized it thru a ultrasonic nebulizer in med school,,, but vapor all the same , I prefer a bourbon glass.
    With pot in a atomizer you would have to use the oil, then thin it down, I would think the dilution plus waste vs cost factor would be prohibitive . But you can bet folks have tried. Ya just need to invest in a vaporizer specifically for herbs, And medical and lung wise the way to go . But e cigs and pot. have a much in common as alcohol and snak cakes.
  • Rule62Rule62 Posts: 3,266V2 Veteran ✭✭✭
    I agree with Earthpig. For an internet business to involve themselves in this would not only expose themselves to additional scrutiny, but would be a logistical nightmare as well. It would be akin to an arms dealer selling handguns over the internet. Currently, in the U.S. alone, there are only 13 states with any type of medicinal marijuana laws.
  • ELSURFOELSURFO Posts: 12Member
    i can smoke out of an apple, is this in danger of being  politically prosecuted as well??
    thanks for the input, ill let you know if and how everything works.
  • PhilliePhillie Posts: 3Member

• Rule62Rule62 Posts: 3,266V2 Veteran ✭✭✭
    @ELSURFO As far as I know, apples are in no danger of political scrutiny/legislation. E-cigs are.
  • ELSURFOELSURFO Posts: 12Member
    knew this was touchy subject. I dont think its right to scrutinize a company for something the product was not intended for. I just got my v2 and love it,love the company and love having you all as support. i was just trying to find  a healthy and more practical way of medicating. LONG LIVE THE E CIG!

• ButtonpusherButtonpusher Posts: 67Member
    They do have thc e-cigs. I think there's a company called ejoints that sells them. 
  • DadoNZxTDadoNZxT Posts: 1Member
    I have heard that you can get it in Amsterdam and that one friend of mine has try it and it was fukin awesome - those are his words, so if anyone find it anywhere else to order pleas contact me to.Thanks :)

• JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,248Member ✭✭✭
    Geez - stay away from this.
  • bunnybbbbunnybbb Posts: 48Member
    Bull, I'm amsterdamian. We're not that weird, ya know... I can't even find regular juice here. Plus, everything but weed/hash is illegal.
    Pure thc is not a good idea to add to any mix. Thc is what makes a person addicted to marijuana products. If they got any juice like that, It's very dangerous. Probably comes from the xtc/speed/n such producing "industries" and that's literally gambling with your health and even your life.
    So don't even think about such a subject. Smoking 10 packs of analogs in one day is probably less harmfull for your health than anything like that.
    That's my 2 cents.
  • lulu836lulu836 Posts: 762V2 Veteran ✭✭
    Where are the "poof" people when you need them?
  • JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,248Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Shhhhh, lulu, I know, but we don't want to wake up "POOFY" again. Remember the St. Patrick's Day Massacre?
  • lulu836lulu836 Posts: 762V2 Veteran ✭✭
    :-))
  • kristofkristof Posts: 1Member
    Hey Hey, I live in the SF Bay Area where there are dispensaries all over the place.  Tons of friends I know have their medical cards, from bartenders to CEOs (literally) - the dispensaries would be responsible for handling the production and sale of pot-carts.  No eCig company should be involved in any of it.  However, people have been using vaporizers for marijuana looooooong before eCigs were ever around.  They just aren't handy little portable devices.

From what I know this is already happening in my area, not sure where the OP is from.  You can get marijuana fruit punch, butter, rice krispies, pretty much anything you can imagine.  I'm not surprised they are formulating oil to throw in carts.

I'm new around here, my ultimate kit arrives tomorrow!  My plan is to drop analog ciggies completely, super excited to give this a try.  After all my research V2 looks to be the absolute best out there.  With that said, I definitely don't want ANYTHING to happen that will jeopardize my vaping future that I'm about to embark on.  Hoping the tobacco industry with all their money and lobbying will stay the hell out of our way :-)
  • southernstitchsouthernstitch Posts: 413Member
    @kristof, yes my son told me this too.  I think that's why he wanted me to quit V2's and get a Volcano, lol.  I told him no way, it's not legal for us.  Greatest of luck with V2 - if you really are ready to quit it's the perfect solution. 
  • AngelsRUsAngelsRUs Posts: 1,710Member
    @kristof Welcome! I was a pretty heavy smoker and as long as I have carts/juice on hand I have no cravings for analogs at all! I am with you...I don't want my vaping future jeopardized either...took me over 15yrs to find something that works for me and I feel so much better...and my singing voice has come back! Good luck to you and we're here for you if you need support! Great peeps on here!
  • @bunnybbb, Please get your science straight. There is absolutely nothing addictive about THC. THC is one of the 60-something cannabinoids in the cannabis plant, and happens to be the one mainly responsible for the psychoactive properties of ingesting cannabis. Other cannabinoids are understood to have anti-anxiety effects (Like the cannabanoids produced in the human brain) and other medically beneficial effects. Not sure what your getting at with the "xtc/speed/n" stuff, but there is zero scientific proof to back up the claim that cannabis is a dangerous drug, on any level. On the contrary, newer scientific studies have shown cannabis to have anti-cancer, anti-asthmatic, and lung cleaning  properties. Sorry, don't mean to flame you, but I cannot stand to allow misinformation to perpetuate itself.

As for the thc liquid issue, I agree with other in that companies shouldn't even think of endorsing this (for obvious legal reasons) or even for medical purposes. Politicians don't need any more ammunition for their fallacious  arguments. I remember hearing however, that it would require a bit of work, as THC vaporizes at different temperatures than nicotine and PG. I remember a Youtube video of someone who apparently succeeded in modding their E-Cig to vaporize hash oil.
  • scattertheloganscatterthelogan Posts: 127Member
    i kind of feel like if thc was not addicting then people who sit around and smoke weed all day, well they wouldnt sit around and smoke weed all day. haha
    edited September 2011
    edit:hm. Showed up empty.
    OKay, @ramshackleshaman , THC on it's own is physically not addictive. I
    agree. Cannabis however is. Let me tell you what I know about this
    subject. But that means I have to try to get in to the nitty-gritty and
    all those difficult names on a sunday morning ;) . So here we go.

∆9-tetrahydrocannabinol
    (or THC) is one of the working cannabinoids in pot, hash or other
    marihuana related products. There are 50-odd other chemicals in there,
    which together are accountable for the addicts here in the netherlands.
    Not just ∆9-tetrahydrocannabinol. ∆9-tetrahydrocannabinol levels however
    has increased over the last 2 decades due to isolation and breeding
    mechanism. Worldwide you may not have the same problem, I don't know.

∆9-tetrahydrocannabinol
    works because it confuses the brain into thinking it's an anandamide.
    Ananadamides, in contrary to ∆9-tetrahydrocannabinol, can attach
    themselves to reactors in the brain. The reason it's not addictive on
    it's own is because it's mostly just isolated to the "rewardcentres"of
    the brain. Locations in the brain that communicate with vital functions
    have a very low amount of anandamine receptors and are thus barely
    affected.

∆9-tetrahydrocannabinol is very dangerous though. Not
    because it makes you wanna kill yourself or anything like that. But it
    is potentially deadly. It stimulates the production of apoC-III. This
    proteine slows down the processing of fatty acids such as cholesterol.
    Which in effect can lead to heart attacks, strokes and Alzheimers.

And
    with the whole speed and stuff thing, I meant this: there currently is
    no such thing as an official ∆9-tetrahydrocannabinol-concentrate on the
    market. We have some skillfull DIY-ers here in this country/world. So if
    your friend found ∆9-tetrahydrocannabinol-juice, it's most likely from
    the same home-scientists who make those other chemical concoctions at
    home. These are usually extremely polluted and therefore are very
    dangerous.

So next time I'll be more explainative with all those
    technical terms straight away, if that makes you happier and keeps you
    from calling shenanigans on me.
  • None of the chemicals in the cannabis plant have anything to do with the brains reward system. They all act on the bodies cannabinoid receptors, or anti-stress system. There is absolutely nothing physically addictive about anything in the plant. But cannabis can be psychologically addicting, like anything else in the world. Heavy use can produce "withdrawls" where the body has to restock it's own cannabinoids, which could manifest itself as mild anxiety and mild sleeplessness (studies have shown users don't even attribute this to lack of cannabis).

This is the first I've heard of the "deadliness", but a quick google search shows this all to be based on very small studies (testing between 15-20 heavy smokers) in 2008, which not only showed that APOC-III rose in heavy use, it was reversed from short-term abstinence. Another point raised is that they could not conclude that the effects on APOC-III could be attributed to marijuana alone. I would be interested in a long term study comparing the rates of stroke and heart disease of marijuana smokers to non-smokers over a long period of time.

So with that, I seriously do not think it's fair to refer to cannabis as a dangerous addictive drug (reefer madness?), when clearly there is much more evidence and support to it's being relatively harmless and non-addictive.
  • schoneschone Posts: 1Member
    OK, leave V2 out of it and make some BHO wax. Warm it up and drip it into the vape chamber filter. Have fun. works like a charm.
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,160Member ✭✭✭
    Time to bring back a 1 1/2 thread?
  • SirSmokemSirSmokem Posts: 192Member ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    schone said:
    OK, leave V2 out of it and make some BHO wax.image Warm it up and drip it into the vape chamber filter. Have fun. works like a charm.
    Only time I have ever heard BHO Wax mentioned was dealing with... "a greater substance." LMAO. Is that what you are referring to or am I missing something? ;-p
  • johnydeep196johnydeep196 Posts: 11Member

it is important that you make use only of the best e-liquid for the best “throat hit.” In order for you to be able to enjoy the best vaping experience, you would need to take the time to research on the best e liquid brands available today in the market.

E liquid is the solution used in electronic cigarettes. This is a nicotine based formula responsible for producing the vapor every time that you take a puff on your e cigarette. The solution is heated by the e cig's atomizer in order for the vapor to be produced.
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,160Member ✭✭✭
    Okay @johnydeep196 you have espoused this thought in 6 threads so far and your recommendation is?
  • sdoddsdodd Posts: 1,174Member ✭✭
    yeah....I was wondering what his point was too.... :-?
  • GMoneyGMoney Posts: 62Member
    I don't know if this was covered, but vapor -- solution with PG or VG -- is a poor carrier for actually absorbing any ingredients also contained in the liquid.  It simulates the tobacco smoking experience but at the expense of absorbing.  Water molecules are too large for one thing.  Vaporizing that other stuff, woudl not proivide the medicinal effect you want; you'd be wasting your money to try.  There are specialized devices for that
  • jukiejukie Posts: 1,492Member ✭✭
    I'm confused :-/
  • amoreamore Posts: 2,194Member ✭✭
    @jukie, me too
    guys i was trying to ellaborate the e-liquid concept.mrt ur rght this thought i used earlier threads .bt i wanted to know what topic is "going on". keep in touch with us..so we will know about further infrmation.
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    @johnydeep196 you have an interesting way with words. I don't wish to offend but I wonder if English is your second language? 
    not trying to be mean at all...but what is with "we"? I wondered if he is with a company that sells ecig supplies (liquid). He seems to advocate lots of products that are not V2. Just wondering!
    I thought the same thing @sdodd
    Thank God I am not crazy!! lol @jukie :p
    No, we are both crazy 8-}
  • MikeVMikeV Posts: 511Member
    Add me to that list.....   :-O
  • LlamainmypocketLlamainmypocket Posts: 169Member
    It's my understanding that vaporizers with a PG base have already been used in California. The vaporizing temperature would be the same as well as the thickness of the liquid so its reasonable to believe the same liquid would work in an e CIG. 

If you want to find out more about this subject I suggest you Google THC vaporizer or call a local dispensary and inquire about vaporizers.
  • TheSmoothTalkerTheSmoothTalker Posts: 17Member
    I dont want jump in, but this is very interesting. I enjoyed reading all the different points of views. LOL