18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

MARIJUANA flavor

HELLAjustinHELLAjustin Posts: 3Member
edited August 2011 in V2 Cigs Product Q&A
I asked an operator if they'd be able to do a marijuana flavored cartridge and they said no...
disappointing.  I on't see a problem with a taste of marijuana. i actually just want to try it. does anyone else see a problem with creating a marijuana flavored cartridge?

Comments

• macathonmacathon Posts: 1Member
    yes yes yes
  • Rule62Rule62 Posts: 3,237V2 Veteran
    Yep, I have a problem. Lately, e-cigs are controversial enough without inviting more. Even medicinal marijuana is only legal in 12 or 13 states.
  • alarming101alarming101 Posts: 77Member
    I can see it now. FED GOV BANS ALL ECIG's because THC was found in eJuice
  • GeezGeez Posts: 3,112Member
    i know of one site that sells MJ flavored juice
  • puppynursepuppynurse Posts: 1,514V2 Veteran
    Yes that could be a giant problem as the above have mentioned.  There are enough people who dont want ecigs around anyway lets please not give them anymore ammunition to deal with.  Really marijuana flavored e jucie I am sure if you did a google search you could find it but I think that is a silly idea cause what if the vapor smells like marijuana and then you get even more hassle marijuana is illegal and until it is not why go looking for trouble
  • LivnLetVapeLivnLetVape Posts: 254Member
    I just want to play the devils advocate here.

While I agree with the "why add fuel to the fire" in regards to legislation, what if a habitual marijuana user wanted to stop smoking? Does the same not apply to a "Camel" Or "Marlboro" flavored E-cig as it would for a MJ flavored one? Obviously Nicotine & THC are two different beasts, and the reasons for smoking them also differ... I just wanted to add some food for thought.
    I just don't know what would be the point. Most of us who have taken up vaping have done so because we wished to wean ourselves from the harmful chemicals associated with smoking cigarettes. Lets face it. If analog smoking were harmless, most of us vapers would still be smoking them. Marijuana legalization advocates have claimed that marijuana does not contain the harmful chemicals contained in cigarette tobacco. If this is true, what would be the point of marijuana e juice?
  • VapestackVapestack Posts: 707Member
    @Rule62 For a novelty,, another product to sell
  • NitherianNitherian Posts: 2,050Member
    @Rule62 I don't I've ever heard a marijuana advocates say that MJ smoke is safe. All MJ smokers that I've talked to take it as a given, they are taking smoke in to there lungs, which is simply not a good thing. There argument is that there is no evidence that THC is more harmful that nicotine or alcohol, and in most cases is safer. And is true MJ doesn't have all the chemical additives that analogs have. 

and the point of a THC juice would be for a safer delivery method, no smoke. Also possibly less hassle, and to make it less obvious of its use. 
  • EarthpigEarthpig Posts: 4,754V2 Veteran
    So first off, since when has reefer ever had a fantastic taste? Unique? Yes, but not that awful good.
    Thus leading me to the point of why?
    As said, it adds fuel to a already hot fire, and if it tastes like it, chances are it would have to also need to smell like it. The idea of being placed in the back plastic seat of a cop car and run down to the station, until the issues get ironed out seems a waste. (a dumb idea).
    I had never thought of pot as being a great tasting smoke; hence the name "grass".
  • m0ng0m0ng0 Posts: 757Member ✭✭
    what flavor would that be?  dead skunk?
  • NitherianNitherian Posts: 2,050Member
    and I agree, I don't really find the idea of MJ flavor very attracting, though I will admit some of the higher grade stuff does have its own taste...
    It certainly would not help a situation where a cop doesn't know what you are smoking in the first place.. Then again a suspicious cop with a desire to believe that what you are smoking is not legal will get you into the back of the car regardless of what is inside.

As far the point to what the reasoning is behind it is really moot. I for one do not remember what the taste is like but I love the smell of good MJ. I would never buy it, but like Vapestack said, its a novelty and if there is a market for it you can probably guess that it will be tapped.

I think its a really dumb thing to pursue though.  Why mess with a product that is already questionable in the eyes of legislature?
  • JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,232Member ✭✭✭
    Hard to believe this is a Discussion.
    kids huff spray paint should we make a metallic red flavor ?

• VapestackVapestack Posts: 707Member
    @earthpig. Taste wise there's nothing ever has or ever will taste as good or like fresh Budda Thai stick , I might take 10 ml just for fun trip down memory lane.
    ive tasted some pretty damn good weed before

if someone is trying to get rid of e-cigs (for some stupid reason) they are going to do so anyways no matter what flavors they sell..if they are dumb enough to believe that it actually has THC in it then let them sound retarded.
    "I just don't know what would be the point. Most of us who have taken up vaping have done so because we wished to wean ourselves from the harmful chemicals associated with smoking cigarettes."

"I don't I've ever heard a marijuana advocates say that MJ smoke is safe. "

this

its just another flavor...

vaping on some whiskey flavored stuff might raise a cops eyebrows as much as smelling some skunky ganja flavor i suppose :-/
  • alarming101alarming101 Posts: 77Member

HELLAjustin I think I found you a new home. googled the M word and they sell vaporizers for it. .

The taste is generally related to the amount of thc and growing conditions.
    In a past life I grew some. 
    That said , some does have a nearly minty taste, and others pretty skunky . Overall it isn't that good of a flavor, and only the high makes it so fabulous, and forms a taste sense 
    (my opinion of course)
    That said, I take you back to that police car ride in the plastic puke seat (called that cause the drunks puke in it and they then hose it out) as you go to the station where they sort out what is going on.

And for what?
    if ur smoking it at home it really doesnt matter lol
    and yes, i meant the e-juice!! haha
  • ChrisFChrisF Posts: 40Member
    edited August 2011

"What if a habitual marijuana user wanted to stop smoking? Does the same not apply to a 'Camel' Or 'Marlboro' flavored E-cig as it would for a MJ flavored one?"

I understand that you're only playing devil's advocate here, but in the spirit of this somewhat moot discussion, I'd say that the same doesn't apply, because tobacco is legal, whereas pot is not. The anti-eCig Nazis would definitely get their way if MJ became a common flavor, because people react emotionally, not logically (or there wouldn't be a "ban" on tobacco to begin with -- in America, how else could anyone be logically talked into a ban on something perfectly legal? That's part of my huge problem with the "smoking bans" to begin with).

Whether it's right or wrong for weed to be illegal is another matter altogether, but I'll point out that beer and liquor are much worse for you than weed. Just because alcohol is a socially sanctioned, "populace-approved" drug doesn't mean it doesn't destroy the body and, unlike tobacco, the mind. Do you really think any politician or corporation really cares about your health? Look at all of the booze ads out there. Perfectly legal. And yet more people die from alcohol-related deaths than anything they can call "smoking-related" -- by a factor of ten, according to even the most conservative estimates.

(Don't be fooled -- "smoking-related" is always only a guess. By law, they can call a death "smoking-related" if the person smoked at all in his life, even years before his death, and, say, happens to live in a high-pollution city. Other factors about his lifestyle are not figured into the statistics, such as diet, exercise, alcohol intake, air quality, etc.).

I don't smoke weed or drink alcohol (not a high-horse thing -- I just never liked 'em), but I admit that it's ludicrous that weed is illegal and alcohol is not. There's a reason, of course -- our government's relationships with other countries' drug cartels. If it's illegal, the price stays up, which helps "foreign relations," because they're making exorbitant money off our citizens' habits. Of course, now people are shooting each other down there because of America's "insatiable" demand for drugs.

Yes, Chris can manage to inflict a novel-sized post on everyone based on even a simple thread-subject like this! :)

• HELLAjustinHELLAjustin Posts: 3Member
    marijuana FLAVORED cargridge...

... Its a FLAVOR.  meaning, it won't contain THC. THE SMELL COMES FROM THE PLANT. NOT THE THC.
    i know some people that enjoy the taste of marijuana.
    when did this turn into a discussion of the legalities of marijuana?
    as for the cops stopping you because they don't know what you're "smoking", just tell them the truth. it's an electronic cigarette with different flavors.  If it's marijuana flavored, let them know. I've never heard of some flavor being illegal. just because it's flavored marijuana does not mean it's illegal. Also, is the vapor's scent that potent to where you would be able to smell it after you exhale? hmm..

my point is, i still don't see anything wrong with a marijuana flavored cartridge.
    some people enjoy the taste
    flavor or smell is not illegal
    It will not contain THC(why would it since the smell does not come from there)
    NOTHING WRONG WITH A FLAVOR

And you really think that's how it will be perceived -- that our adversaries won't use it to say, "This will accustom young people to the taste of marijuana"?

It will be a great day for the anti-eCig folks if there's ever an MJ flavor. They'll immediately use it to get more people against eCigs, whether it's only the flavor or not. Come on; you know how people are.

• MacamizerMacamizer Posts: 1Member
    @hellajustin just go buy an oz bro thats it 12 black n milds and 15 carts will also do for you call manny the juice master  
    @ChrisF,

You make two good points.  1 where you say;  "And you really think that's how it will be perceived -- that our
    adversaries won't use it to say, "This will accustom young people to the
    taste of marijuana"?"

That is exactly what Smoke51 says about not offering flavored tobacco. Because kids might take it up as a hobby. So that point is already out there regarding the flavored carts and juice.

The other point you made was about pot being legal vs tobacco is not. That's just a matter of politics IMO. I can see the argument of legalities being a negative, but who in their right mind(from a responsibility standpoint) would say something bad about someone using a device that allows them to not smoke pot but enjoy the flavor? I know that is a very broad generalization but I think you should get the gist of what I'm trying to convey.

What all that said, I'm still playing devil's advocate and do not really think this is something that's necessary. The act of smoking pot vs vaping is inherently different than the act of smoking cigarettes vs vaping.
    One of the attractions of vaping, besides the common belief that it's a healthier alternative to smoking, is the availability of limitless flavors.
    The Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act of 2009 outlawed the production of all flavored cigarettes, with the exception of menthol, in order to discourage young people from taking up smoking (I've never understood the menthol exemption, since 43% of teenage smokers smoke menthol cigarettes).
    It would be a shame to see e cigs be included under the umbrella of this law.

I understand what you're saying, Livn, definitely. Good points.

I agree that it would be a shame if eCigs were included under the FSPTCA, Rule62; thankfully, that mandate concerns flavored tobacco (rather than only byproducts), so we might be safe from that. But of course, what I'm overlooking is that they'll use any possible loophole to fight something that threatens their profits, so we can never relax putting pressure on the other side.

edited August 2011

Right to the point once again.
    i dont f around jack! haha
    LOL Geez. I still can't believe this is a Discussion, let alone at the top of the Forum.
  • PrettyininkPrettyinink Posts: 1,319Member ✭✭
    Did I see Big Mack pipe in? lol....
    rofl i missed that!!
  • PrettyininkPrettyinink Posts: 1,319Member ✭✭
    Hah! You were searching for MJ juice....
    there you go haha. good call on bigmac!
  • southernstitchsouthernstitch Posts: 413Member
    Well as I recall, back in the day, I loved the way a cigarette tasted after the MJ.  I wonder if the MJ juice would create the same effect. 
  • AngelsRUsAngelsRUs Posts: 1,710Member
    I would hate to see them outlaw the flavors...it is the only thing that keeps me from smoking the real ones.  From what I understand you can't buy them even online in California...

My question is if they are soooo concerned about influencing kids to smoke...why are candy cigerettes legal to be sold? Or even flavored nicotine gum?
    Can you still buy candy cigarettes? I haven't seen them in years. We used to get them when we were kids. Of course, those were the days before the dangers of smoking were known.
    Actually, yes, yes, they do...husband bought some the other day for nostalgia sake....used to be 25 cents each... $2.oo/ a pack....really...now that seems like they are trying to encourage not only smoking for children/teens but introducing them to paying a high price for them....apparently they tax the kids pretending to smoke as well now ...sad really.
    " From what I understand you can't buy them even online in California..."

wrong lol
    Geez/others.
    It's not a discussion as to wether it's available, but instead if it is wise.
    Reading in ECF forum, folks are already getting pulled over and searched because of ""perception"" when using the larger ""non-cig looking"" e-cig units (e-go's, i-go's, silver bullets, etc.) "" Perception"" (wether correct or not, and even if you don't care) is something you MUST deal with

Wanna chance using a  bong looking or crack pipe like unit and having smelling like reefer?

Be my guest.

Guess what. ""We're At WAR ""with the gov't entities, the FDA. and other taxing and mind control entities.
    It a fight for your rights, and if you want to make it bad for others, it's irresponsible, wether legal or not.

Be my guest.

I totally agree EP I think that there are times when you just have to let things be and not stir the pot.  I personally have no issues with marijuana and think it should be legalized but my opinion is not the general consensus among certain government groups, and yeah it is unfortunate that there has to be such close minded individuals however they have one goal and it is to control and we need to stick together so we can keep ecigs legal not do stupid crap that just causes trouble.  As far as earlier discussion about marijuana smokers trying to kick the smoke habit that is just a ridiculous arguement because there is no physical addiction to marijuana at all. 
    "As far as earlier discussion about marijuana smokers trying to kick the
    smoke habit that is just a ridiculous arguement because there is no
    physical addiction to marijuana at all. "

I may not be AS addictive as tobacco, alcohol or other drugs but it is still an, albeit minor in comparison, addictive substance. 

"Long-term marijuana abuse can lead to addiction; that
    is, compulsive drug seeking and abuse despite the known harmful effects
    upon functioning in the context of family, school, work, and
    recreational activities. Estimates from research suggest that about 9
    percent of users become addicted to marijuana; this number increases
    among those who start young (to about 17 percent) and among daily users
    (25-50 percent).

Long-term marijuana abusers trying to quit report
    withdrawal symptoms including: irritability, sleeplessness, decreased
    appetite, anxiety, and drug craving, all of which can make it difficult
    to remain abstinent. These symptoms begin within about 1 day following
    abstinence, peak at 2-3 days, and subside within 1 or 2 weeks following
    drug cessation.3"

Source: http://drugabuse.gov/infofacts/marijuana.html

Sounds like pot has addictive qualities to me. Also, as a past user, I certainly had a hard time putting it down myself. 

FWIW I still do not think that a pot flavored juice/cart belongs in the e-cig world for reasons stated by EP and others above. Just playing devils advocate once again.

That is all propaganda bs I started smoking pot when I was 14 I still smoke from time to time but I have quit various times and had no side effects whatsoever and never went to other drugs or any other nonsense.  I would not believe anything the government puts on on marijuana because they have an agenda and are not a biased group.  As far as a marijuana flavored juice it will just cause issues and I am a believer in the legalization of marijuana however until it is legalized to ask for a marijuana flavored e juice would stir up more controversy than needed even if there were no levels of thc in the juice.  I have never had any trouble stopping marijuana,  It is all in the mind my friend, unlike nicotine, alcohol, or other drugs that have qualities to cause severe withdrawl symptoms
  • JondsterJondster Posts: 571V2 Veteran
    Fer cryin' out loud, Austin ... if it's THAT important to ya, cook down some bud to oil, mix it with PG and a little vodka, and load your own. Only only will you get the flavor, but also the accompanying effects (like it or not).
    I agree that we do not need the extra heat on e-smokers...they are already trying to ban them...let't not give fuel to the fire.

As I studied it in college...MJ is the least addictive and it is purely psychological addiction.  There is no physical addiction.  An no I didn't just study it....long ago I used it myself and had absolutely no problem quitting....tobacco on the other hand 21yrs...till now!