18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Why does my V2 burn my throat sometimes/ and when do i change the cartridge

hazeeehazeee Posts: 13Member
edited September 2011 in V2 Cigs Product Q&A
I love my new V2 but sometimes it burns the back of my throat. I was wondering if it means i need to change the cartridge. And i've read some about changing it when it starts to have a burnt taste I was hoping someone could inform me on exactly when i should change cartridges.  

Comments

• hazeeehazeee Posts: 13Member
    edited September 2011

PLEASE HELP 

• mimimimi Posts: 1,998V2 Veteran
    edited September 2011
    Have you changed the carto to see what difference in taste is? How long have you been vapeing on the one carto? What strength are you using? 
  • hazeeehazeee Posts: 13Member
    edited September 2011
    im using only 6mg but i vape all day. Sometimes it feels like im getting to the end but im still getting a decent hit, but it burns the hell out of my throat. I saved a few so i knew whether or not to throw them away.
  • mimimimi Posts: 1,998V2 Veteran
    I am relatively new to V2 but I think I read somewhere to only vape about 12 times and lay it down for at least a half hour. Your sore throat may be a result of doing it more than this. You can get a good hit even after the eliquid has run its course.
  • southernstitchsouthernstitch Posts: 413Member

Yeah, if it's burning you need to throw it away.  Most of us have found the cartos do not last as if they're a whole pack of cigs -- maybe half to 3 quarter of a pack.  So if you are vaping all day, then yeah, you probably burnt it up already.  I also find it hard to gauge when to stop using a carto.  That's because I switch so much between auto, manual shorty and notebook cig.  If I was using one battery only it might be easier to judge.  I always just throw them out when I taste that off, slightly burny taste. 

• scottie2hottiescottie2hottie Posts: 7,265V2 Veteran
    @hazeee.... Vape a carto until the flavor diminishes there should also be a decrease in vapor as well with a normal draw.... You don't want to force a big plume when the vapor diminishes because you then burn the carto  and it will be toast if you want to refill it.... When the vapor does diminish you may want to check the carto on a fresh battery just to make sure its not the battery dying...
  • PrettyininkPrettyinink Posts: 1,319Member ✭✭
    I will throw in my two cents.... my throat got very irritated from vaping vanilla all day. It was so good, I just could not put it down! I also was not drinking enough water at first either. I didn't learn that tidbit until I came here to find out about my sore throat. Dunno if this could be an issue. But you should definitely be able to tell when the cartridge is toast. It starts having an off taste... kind of like... well, burnt filter but milder? I dunno how to describe it other than that. Change out your cartridge to see what a new one tastes like.
  • SembazuruSembazuru Posts: 406Member
    I don't know how many cartos I've burnt because the flavor started to go, I noticed that the batt was blinking, and first hit on the new batt... burnt. Still learning the subtle signs of the carto running out...
  • Rule62Rule62 Posts: 3,237V2 Veteran
    A rule of thumb for me is, don't put a cart that you've been vaping for a while, and maybe nearly empty, on a fresh battery. Full cart...fresh battery. If you're going to change batteries, at least top off the cart with juice.
  • PrettyininkPrettyinink Posts: 1,319Member ✭✭
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that @Rule 62... I was told that shouldn't be a factor though... huh.
  • fundoodmanfundoodman Posts: 101Member
    I always change my cart as soon as soon as the flavor starts to diminish, if you get a slightly burnt taste change it right away or it will not be reusable. When I started sometimes I'd push it too far and then when I'd fill that cart with liquid I'd still get that terrible burnt taste. Then I'd be all bummed that I'd just wasted juice on a bad cart. You'll figure it out as you go. There's some great advice on here!
    I'm a fanatic about keeping carts wet by topping them off, I guess. I don't use pre filled carts, so it's easy. I may have several carts on my shelf with different flavors in each. Whenever I make a change, I top off before vaping. 
  • southernstitchsouthernstitch Posts: 413Member
    Rule, yeah this is why V2 needs to come out with da juice!!  After just placing an order today for 7 boxes of "limited time" flavors, and another 40 pack on top of the labor day sale, I'm set for a while.  But it sure would be nice to be able to top them off. 
  • AngelsRUsAngelsRUs Posts: 1,710Member
    Honestly I am having a hard time telling as well...I have never gotten plumes of vapor so that doesn't help me. I have probably burnt quite a few...especially the first order as I was trying to make them last as long as possible since I had no e-juice. I've only had a few that burned my throat though. Cola was the one that was really bad for me...but I don't think it was burnt as it was new only vaped a few puffs off it. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually. I plan on doing as Rule62 says...top it off...e-juice can show up any time now....mr. mailman...please!!!!
  • klmtxklmtx Posts: 785Member

I Just really want V2 juice!!! NOW!!  X(

Bahaha! (I do though)

@klmtx I AGREE 100%
    There are many companies out there that offer and specialize in juice, while waiting for V2 to begin offering theirs.
  • klmtxklmtx Posts: 785Member
    Yeah, I've tried a few. It would just be easier to top off my carts rather than cleaning/filling. And, I know what I like already with V2...I'm a lazy vaper! ;-)
  • JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,230Member ✭✭✭
    I agree, that's what I've been hoping to do since they first mentioned juice. I want to top off my Congress with the exact same great Congress flavor, cause I am lazy too.
    @Rule62 already there =O) presently trying out two different ones...but may have to wait to try out the juice cause I put juice in one atty and nothing....ack! Waste of juice so may just wait till I have one of these new carts emptied or have empty ones. V2 was out of blanks....

@klmtx @JackieO yeppers I know the flavors I like here and would rather get it all in one place myself! but I am checking out flavors elsewhere.