18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Blinking Battery

SherrysSherrys Posts: 14Member
edited August 2010 in V2 Cigs Product Q&A
My manual battery is blinking as I try to take a drag off it and doesn't seem to give me a full hit. This happens when charged fully as well. I just received this battery just under 2 weeks ago and it is quite annoying. I do not want to send it in because it will leave me with only an automatic battery. Is there anything I can do to correct this? I can get small drags off it, partial drags. Bummer.........I think I want to go with the short batteries from now on. I am pulling too hard on the mid size and x-tra long batteries............

Love your products!

Comments

• hollywoodcomhollywoodcom Posts: 2Member
    Sherrys,
    Why don't you just contact them after 12:30pm est you will be able to chat with a person and I'm sure they will help you out they helped me when I had a problem.It sounds to me you have a bad battery if it blinks when its fully charged?
  • SherrysSherrys Posts: 14Member
    Thanks Hollywood,

I usually do chat w/them but my schedule this week prevents me from doing so. I dread having to wait to send it back before they will re-issue a replacement. I live on the east side of the country and they're in Ca. So I will wait for the free 4.2 volt that is on its way before I get serious with this return.
  • nadznadz Posts: 48Member
    Sherrys, I called them with a similar issue and they sent me a replacement without having to send the old one back until i got the replacement first. you should call them and ask for one. these guys rock!
  • Andries_V2cigsAndries_V2cigs Posts: 548Administrator admin
    Sherrys... it could be one of 2 different issues.... there is a security system built into the batteries (the older versions are 5 seconds, and the new versions are 10 seconds)... basically if you drag too long sustained the battery will blink and shut down to avoid overexposure to nicotine... it could also be something defective... either way, we can troubleshoot it quickly on the phone and get you a replacement of the new version that just came out :-)
  • depepsidepepsi Posts: 141Member
    When I got my starter kit, I plugged in the first battery and in  a few hours the charger went to green. I plugged in the second battery and the light stayed red. Went to sleep, and in the morning, still red. I called V2 CS and the rep said that was OK. I insisted that the first one that charged went from red to green, but the second one did not. I got my kit 2 days ago, and neither battery is charging. I have my manual charging on my daughter's V2 charger because it's Saturday and the earliest that CS will open is Monday morning. Both batts were dead TWO days after getting the kit, and with light to moderate vaping.  I  tried the blow to reset. I think it's the charger. I've taken the charger off the wall plug, and am currently using the USB on my computer. These are the blue batteries. If anyone can think of something that may get me through the weekend, I would be really grateful.
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    @depepsi some people have reported that placing the charger in the freezer for an hour or 2 can bring them back to life. I kid you not.
  • depepsidepepsi Posts: 141Member
    Thanks Daddy Cat. I returned the charger and V2 was great about it. My daughter and son-in-law are V2 vapers, too, so they loaned me a charger. From what I understand about the mechanism of tripping the light back to green, the freezer trick sounds like it might just work. Thanks for the info. 
    Cool, I'm glad you got it sorted out. Lets hope the new charger treats you well.
  • DewManDewMan Posts: 1,208Member
    :)) I wish all my electronics could be fixed by putting them in the freezer. I don't think my wide screen TV would fit though. :D
  • JTHOLDMJTHOLDM Posts: 8,899Member
    =))
  • PaksenarionPaksenarion Posts: 1,261Member
    Big 21 cubic foot freezer might work. Just use a space blanket over the raised lid
  • royroy Posts: 91Member
      this morning noticed the led on the batt was flashing checked and the adapter was hot so went the extra mile and used a xtension cord and put everything in the fridge freezer.Have charged 3 batts that way. No heat problems and the batts are charged.Used a small flat extension cord so no detriment to the fridge seal.
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,399Member ✭✭✭
    Now that is a novel approach to the problem @roy
  • royroy Posts: 91Member
      @2mrt i am going to take an adapter apart soon.Seems to be the weak link
  • StudiomoonnyStudiomoonny Posts: 15Member
    Greetings all~

I have been lurking for a while and decided to join.  Been vaping for two months, totally off analogues since I started.  Do. not.want. to. go back. to. them. ever.

I am having issues with the battery charger.  It just isn't charging the batteries all the way or well.  Sometimes they will sit on the charger all night and the red battery light will still be on.  Actually that is status quo right now.

What is this about charging them in the freezer?  What exactly do I need to do?

Thanks so much!  
  • GooseGoose Posts: 1,765Member
    don't charge them in the freezer.  Just try putting the charger in the freezer for awhile.  Then re-try.
    Thanks for responding, Goose!

How long do you recommend me putting it in the freezer and I assume I let it dry out before I try to charge a battery, yes?
    edited March 2012

@Studiomoonny it's possible you have a bad charger, if that's the case CS should be willing to replace it.

Placing the charger in the freezer for an hour or two can sometimes reestablish broken circuits.

Another possibility is that either your batteries need to be cleaned (threads and center post) with a toothbrush or paper towel dipped in alcohol. Be careful to not drip alcohol into the battery, keep the threaded end down while cleaning.

You can clean the charger's contacts where the battery screws in, of course you'll do this with the charger unplugged!

It's also possible over time your battery's center post has moved and needs to be gently lifted via something inserted into the center hole (auto battery) or by gently prying around the center post with a tiny screwdriver.

I don't think a person would need to wait after having the charger in the freezer for a couple hours. If it was in there overnight I might worry about moisture.
  • GooseGoose Posts: 1,765Member
    i defer to daddycat.
    ~:>
  • JTHOLDMJTHOLDM Posts: 8,899Member
    What DC said
    Thanks guys!
    Please let us know your results, good or bad. And you're welcome!
  • puffthedragonpuffthedragon Posts: 50Member
    Crazy that u could use a freezer to fix chargers.
    it is not a permanent fix, in most cases the problem will resurface.
    That is true mrt but it may help someone limp through long enough to get a replacement.
    Which is the intent of the "fix".
  • DixieDixie Posts: 6,230V2 Veteran
    Some people just like to argue I swear
    pot calling the kettle black? :-?