18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

New to e-cigs; Menthol Question

tc508tc508 Posts: 3Member
edited October 2011 in V2 Cigs Product Q&A
Hi!
I'm new to e-cigs and have a question.
I recently purchased a Blu disposable menthol flavored e-cig from my local grocery store just to give e-cigs a shot. (Yes, I'm cheap! lol) I thought it was a decent nicotine delivery system and got me interested in trying out the "real" thing (i.e. not a disposable). The only thing I didn't like was the flavor of the menthol. It tasted more like cheap vanilla air freshener than menthol. I'm used to smoking Camel Crush menthols, which are, admittedly, quite menthol-y.

I'm just curious if anyone that used to, or still does, smoke menthol "analog" cigs can attest to the "menthol-y-ness" of the V2 menthol or peppermint cartridges?

Thanks!

TC

Comments

• jnestejneste Posts: 2,547V2 Veteran
    @tc. I'm not a Menthol smoker, but I have had many mentol analogs throughout my life including the Camel Crush. I was buying the Crush for a while when they first came out and they had BOGO's on them for a while and would crush it once in a while just for a change. Yes Crush's are very menthol flavored. I tried both the menthol and peppermint. The Menthol is pretty strong. I would say stronger than the Blu but less than a Crush. The peppermint is minty, but very different from a Menthol. Sort of like the difference between spearmint and peppermint. You can always try different juices as well and refill them. Welcome BTW!!! You will be happy with the V2 over the Blu.....trust me! I was a 25 yr smoker and now 3 weeks with no analogs and several weeks before that with a half pack or less per day.
  • tc508tc508 Posts: 3Member
    @jneste - Thanks for the welcome! :) I guess the important question is, does the menthol cart actually taste like menthol?
    Thanks again!
  • southernstitchsouthernstitch Posts: 413Member

Yes it does have menthol in it.   How much is the question.  IMO, V2's has just the right amount.  But if you get to the point where you're buying the juice, you can also buy just menthol ejuice to add drops to any juice that would benefit from mentholating.  Menthol is easy to get into ecigs in other words.  Some other "flavors" aren't so much. 

• Rule62Rule62 Posts: 3,237V2 Veteran
    V2 menthol has a fiercely loyal following. Those who are V2 menthol vapers claim it's by far the best menthol out there.
  • tc508tc508 Posts: 3Member
    edited October 2011
    EDIT: Oops, double post.
  • DanielsuzukiDanielsuzuki Posts: 1,000Member
    It's like this: 1 part wintergreen, 1 part peppermint, 2 parts menthol, with a kinda sweet aftertaste. And I haven't found a better menthol. Ever.
  • emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,294V2 Veteran ✭✭
    I am a former menthol analog smoker of some 40+ years.  The last brand I used was Clipper Menthol cigars (they look like cigs and smoke like cigs..even have a filter!  But to dodge the cigarette tax they are tan instead of white and are called "cigars")  They are very strong.  I like a strong menthol flavor.  The V2 menthol is quite good.  Hint of spearmint in there with the menthol flavor.  A bit sweet.  I like it!  I'll PM you with some suggestions, if you want...let me know.  Welcome to the wonderful world of vaping! :)
  • FubarFubar Posts: 729Member
    @tc508,
    Smoked Kools for 35+ years. I was looking something menthol that was close. Reality is, you're not going to find any menthol out there that tastes like a cigarette. But, I've tried a LOT of different vendors and V2's menthol is by far my favorite menthol on the market. It has a little minty taste to it which I absolutely love now. Just try it and I'm sure you'll be hooked on it like everyone else here who has.
    Welcome to the forums and happy vaping!!
  • emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,294V2 Veteran ✭✭
    @Danielsuzuki...hmmm.  I was thinking spearmint more than wintergreen.  Could be you are right.

• Cay10Cay10 Posts: 402Member
    I didn't care for menthol cigarettes but after trying it in my sample pack I found it very tasty. And the more time that goes by I find that I actually start craving that menthol vape. I don't think you will be disappointed.
  • mimimimi Posts: 1,998V2 Veteran
    @JackieO!!! Need some help here. Don't forget about the warts...
  • FubarFubar Posts: 729Member
    edited October 2011
    @Cay10,
    Funny isn't it? I'm a die hard menthol maniac and now I'm vaping caramel cookies, butterscotch bon bon, RY4...where will it ever end!!??
    @mimi, lmao!!
  • nytsnyts Posts: 160Member
    I am a menthol smoker, and find V2 menthols to be very credible.
  • Cay10Cay10 Posts: 402Member
    i know fubar.... thats why im afraid to experiment. haha
  • JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,248Member ✭✭✭
    I vape the Congress, and I highly recommend them to everyone.
  • mimimimi Posts: 1,998V2 Veteran
    You forgot the warts part, @JackieO...
  • JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,248Member ✭✭✭
    Yeah thanks - had to explain about that the other day, thought I would let you handle it this time. Just getting out the Compound W now.
  • queen81queen81 Posts: 39Member
    tc508- I was a straight Marlboro light menthol 1-2 pack a day smoker for over 10 years. In the rare event that I had to bum a non menthol I would smoke it but it always felt like I was eating an ashtray. When I first tried my v2 menthol I thought it was a little different, but acceptable. By the end of the evening I loved it as well as the peppermint. With that being said, I also love the vanilla and even the cherry has grown on me. Best advice is get a sampler pack, you will be surprised what a strict menthol user can like. There are also many folks here who hated menthol analogs but love the menthol from v2.
  • scattertheloganscatterthelogan Posts: 127Member
    the reason those little cigars can dodge the cigarette tax is that being "cigars" they have to have a lower nic content. thats why i never messed with them unless somebody gave me one.
  • janeajanea Posts: 987Member
    I have alternated between Camel Menthol Lights and Marlboro Menthol Lights, depending on what I could find that was right when they changed their names or packaging.  I started smoking menthol  (kools) 43 years ago as an attempt to quit a two year smoking habit (because menthol was so yucky), and I am quite certain that the menthol addiction is as strong as the nicotine.

I now vape the 12mg Menthol exclusively if I have the choice,  It was love at first hit, and due to some bad carts, I'm very very low on carts.  Lots of others in the house (hubby and I are in this together), and nothing does anything for me but make me wrinkle my nose like a two-year-old with broccoli.

Hubby has some other menthol juice from another vendor and it really has a weird aftertaste.  When I opened the first v2 pack, I told him that I wasn't going to like it because it smelled just like spearmint gum.  I was wrong. I really really like them.  This switching off doesn't make me happy, and when I allow myself one of the precious remaining carts, I am so pleased that I just sit and chain-vape it for a while.

I haven't found a liquid, cart or analog cigarette that I like better. Ever.
  • dipetersdipeters Posts: 1Member

Hello V2 Friends and Family,

I started vaping Oct 2011 after 30 yrs of analog and this is my first post.  I get a lot of great information here; thank you.  I was compelled today to post as I was a die-hard menthol smoker; now vaper!

V2 is the third e-cig brand I have tried over the last 5 years.  It was love at first drag!  I started on a Friday and by Monday I was hooked.  I did the Menthol 18's for a couple of weeks and wasn't sure this was really as good as the first drag.  So I ordered the peppermint but after a week of that is really is too sweet and went back to the Menthol.   AHHHH yes, that is the flavor!!!!  I am now vaping the 12's but it was my experience that the 18's were just the thing to get me started and OFF the analogs for good!

Vaping since Oct 2011 and so thankful for it! Thanks for letting me share!

• JmanJman Posts: 3,050Member
    Thanks for sharing!
  • JTHOLDMJTHOLDM Posts: 8,899Member
    WELCOME TC508
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,360Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    JT, fiy  tc508 probably welcomed you.  The OP is from October 2011.  lol
  • JTHOLDMJTHOLDM Posts: 8,899Member
    =))
  • janeajanea Posts: 987Member
    @mrt, I bumped it, too. By default, the forums open in sections which may or may not include the most current threads..
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,360Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    If you click "Discussions" the groupings should go away and the threads will appear in the order last responded to.  At least that is the way it works for me.  @janea  but you didn't welcome the op as a new member, that is what I was laughihg at
  • lynnlynn Posts: 155Member
    I personally think the peppermint carts are very weak they need to be stepped up. The v2 menthol is quite good and I am not a menthol smoker. If you are new the smartest way is to try all their flavors at once- buy their sampler pack before you decide.
  • smith_msmith_m Posts: 220Member
    I smoked the camel menthol and started with the v2 menthol 12 mg. The taste I think is great. Its obviously different from camel ciggs, but it does have a great strong menthol flavor. Kinda reminds me of chewing gum. My only complaint is the after after taste. Still it is NOTHING compared to the disgusting after taste of camel's. I currently use the 18 mg menthol v2. I tried other flavors and honestly ..not for me. So, try the menthol, if ur a chepo just try the v2 menthol disposable. I think u will end up loving it like most of us ;-)
  • gaemesgaemes Posts: 91Member
    I really like the V2 menthol.  It has that Orbits "Clean a dirty mouth" taste for me.  Not my daily vape, but one I use regularly.  Oh, by the way, if you should happen to find some menthol while living in a van down by the river don't let JackieO find out.  LOL!!!!!