18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Manual VS Automatic

kxtxx00kxtxx00 Posts: 1Member
edited November 2011 in V2 Cigs Product Q&A
So I just received my very first kit from V2. I got a manual and automatic battery with the full and medium menthol. I was really hoping to like the automatic, but I tried both the full and medium with it and they were both harsh and burning my throat, making for an unpleasant experience. I used those same cartridges with the manual battery and they were perfect. Is this just a preference thing and what is best for me or is this a battery defect? I did try the automatic more than once and I almost couldn't even stand it each time. Just seeing if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks!

Comments

• Rule62Rule62 Posts: 3,237V2 Veteran
    Autos mimic the analog smoking experience more closely. But most people eventually prefer the manuals.
  • m0ng0m0ng0 Posts: 757Member ✭✭
    manual for me 
  • DixieDixie Posts: 6,230V2 Veteran
    See, I don't care for the manuals...I love my autos especially with a fresh cart  Oh Mah Gawd!!  

• kstraub7707kstraub7707 Posts: 1,891V2 Veteran
    i got one of each with my starter kit...returned the auto and exchanged it for a manual...love my manuals!
  • GIJennaGIJenna Posts: 53Member
    i love the auto's when driving or working with my hands because i can hold it in my mouth and puff like i used to do with an analog, but i like the manuals when sitting around not really doing much so i guess it's 50/50 for me!
  • Andries_V2cigsAndries_V2cigs Posts: 548Administrator admin
    manuals 
  • tonalizedtonalized Posts: 2Member
    Just got mine today. I find it easier to control the drag with the automatic. I sometimes choke or don't get a good hit with the manuals. Just my opinion.

CHG
  • Vapin1smokin0Vapin1smokin0 Posts: 54Member
    started out thinking why anybody would use a manual, but i got to know why pretttty soon.
  • VaperellaVaperella Posts: 298Member
    I just got my first kit yesterday. So far I like both equally. I do have to drag a bit gentler on the manual. the hit on the menthol WHOO!! The auto was cool because I was able to vape and fold my laundry, LOL.

Funny thing is that my dog hates the manual. Every time I press the button and the sizzling begins, she bolts over, barks and tries to snatch my V2!!!
  • Cay10Cay10 Posts: 402Member
    i own autos and manuals. i love them both. but all my shortys are autos so i could get the "as close as you can get to smoking a real cigarette" feeling. i find i use those more often.
  • emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,294V2 Veteran ✭✭
    I'm pretty much 50/50 too....I tend to use the automatics during the day when I'm doing other things...and save my manual for when I'm having a glass of wine in the evening and relaxing.  I do love my manual one, however because it gives such a lovely *kick* of vapor...a nice big thick cloud! And it's such a stylin' shiny silver! I only have one...and tend to treat it as my "special" battery.  Reserved for my chillin' time.  The autos are my "work horses".  I don't notice any real difference in "flavor" though...no harsher with the autos or anything.  (I have a pass through I use a lot when online...but my V2 manual PT got broken, and the one I have now is automatic).
  • KemosabeKemosabe Posts: 339Member
    kxtxx00 - i think your auto is running at a higher voltage than your manual. when the battery is fully charged, the voltage is higher than when the power level drops. personally, i dont like to use my batteries fresh off the charger. its too hot and burny. i like to let them sit, and let the power gradually drain from non-usage. in the meantime i use a different battery. or if i have to, i use a juice that can "handle" a higher voltage without disrupting the taste of the vape.
    i like the manuals better for certain juices. i find myself tugging harder with the auto than with the manual. when i tug too hard, some juice condenstation gets in my mouth and gives me a gnarly "nicotine mouth" sensation. if the flavor is light, i tug harder out of instinct. so i use these juices on my manual to avoid tuggin too hard.
    edited November 2011
    kemo, would you have any idea why my new replacement xl manual battery makes every cart i vape taste like its burning??
    dirty battery?
    could also be the higher voltage thing. let the battery sit around for a while. then when you charge it, dont charge it all the way. then again, voltage might not be your problem. could be a faulty batt :(

:-<
  • happy_vapeyhappy_vapey Posts: 918Member
    automatics! easier to control with strength of inhales!
  • justin_V2Cigsjustin_V2Cigs Posts: 22Member
    I think personally the manual batteries produce more vapor, Love the Automatic but addicted to the manual
  • scottie2hottiescottie2hottie Posts: 7,265V2 Veteran
    They both suck..... When I try to use my auto I try to find the button and can't because it doesn't have one... When I use my manual I find myself trying suck on it like its an auto forgetting their is a button....

Just Kidding... I prefer the manuals as well... I think I get a way better draw and more vapor...
  • DixieDixie Posts: 6,230V2 Veteran
    I have so totally sucked my head inside out on a manual and went oh...duh
    #-O
  • With my experience the automatics suit me better,less things to worry about like a button which could possibly brake or so. Opinion based.

• TunesTunes Posts: 8Member
    I am really starting to like the manual because of the bigger hit I get on It but have a question. I press the button for a second or two before I start to take a hit because it seems to produce more vapor. Is that okay to do??? Don't want to hurt or burn anything up?
  • Carmen_v2cigsCarmen_v2cigs Posts: 203Member ✭✭
    I love my manual batteries when I am at work however I love my automatics.. I cant make my mind up.. :/
  • shook1963shook1963 Posts: 28Member
    I've always been of the mind that the battery I like most is which ever one is currently charged!

:))

Steve
    @tunes

i was told by cs to hold the button down for 2 seconds before i took a draw to get the best "hit". so yes, that is perfectly okay. 
  • TunesTunes Posts: 8Member

Thanks @Cay10.......I love the convience of the auto batteries but get a much better hit from the manual ones. I only seem to be getting about 4 hrs out of a charge though. Maybe 50 to 75 puffs.

• @tunes
    Try blowing into the thread of your battery,clean the thread with rubbing alcohol and charge it afterwards this could possibly help it. As for the manuals holding it down for 1-2 seconds is perfectly normal and works better,this way you heat it up properly before inhaling.
  • caseygirl47caseygirl47 Posts: 105Member
    i prefer the manual much better hit 
  • ronzillaronzilla Posts: 21Member
    Automatics give the best hit. IMO... I'm Auto vaping a Cherry 18mg with a fresh battery at this moment, and the vapor is gnarly... :)
  • RoadRunnerRoadRunner Posts: 688Member
    It's basically a preference thing. I like both when they're working properly and are charged. Had issues with a couple auto's at first but now that I have functioning ones I probably only slightly favor the manual switch. I do feel it gives me a little more control. I do however occasionally forget I have the manual and have to push the button but not usually since my manual is a blue XL and my auto's are standard black ones.
  • JmanJman Posts: 3,050Member
    I prefer manual, but am generally glad I have both. Yesterday was mostly auto battery and for 95% of the time, it was functioning great. Every once and awhile, I'll take double puff, nice huge drag from auto and by time I get to the inhale, I realize nothing is coming through, which suddenly makes me think autos are poorly made devices. That happens at most 10% of the time. Manuals, when you wait that 2 seconds, delivers nice full hit into your mouth which, as I said, I prefer. 
  • GooseGoose Posts: 1,765Member
    edited February 2012
    Did I hear someone say V2 was coming out with a new battery or am I dreaming?  Still having issues with my autos and hate to purchase additional ones.
  • dbarmomdbarmom Posts: 119Member ✭✭
    Manual - hands down.  Got both in starter kit (in 2010!) and found I got much better vapor & throat hit from manuals.  I like the control & not having to drag hard like I do with the autos.  Still have them around for emergencies though.
  • KittiKitti Posts: 18Member
    I like them both, for difference reasons. The manual, I believe, gives the best throat hit, but I prefer the automatic for when I'm driving or doing housework.
  • puppynursepuppynurse Posts: 1,514V2 Veteran
    When I first started vaping I only wanted auto batteries, now I have found that I prefer the manual batteries way more than the auto ones.  I still use my auto batteries, but for the most part I use the manual
  • deedradeedra Posts: 286Member
    I liked my manual battery better for the first week and then the button started sticking.  Sometimes it worked and sometimes not.  I started using my auto batteries and even though I liked the manual better I don't want to go through button issues again.
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭

I prefer the autos. I found the button too distracting. With alittle tweaking my autos draw easy and give nice vapor.

• devanttriodevanttrio Posts: 1,689Member
    I like the automatic personally. The manual is stronger, but like @DaddyCat I find the button distracting. I have been using my manual a lot until I get the replacement auto, but soon the manual will go on the back burner.
  • superflyginsuperflygin Posts: 350Member
    My auto lasts longer, but I like the hit I get off the manual, so I use them pretty much equally.
  • JTHOLDMJTHOLDM Posts: 8,899Member
    I have never used the manual but it would be nice to have, I herd you can get a big TH
  • DennisRichardsDennisRichards Posts: 2,361V2 Veteran ✭✭
    I love my manual when at home, if I'm at work I like autos.
    I will get one on your advice
  • nyllatxnyllatx Posts: 295Member

I 100% prefer manual batts unless I'm playing video games, in which case I have an auto XL hanging outta my mouth like a pacifier and take puffs every so often without taking it from my lips.

Gotta use both hands to be able to kill dragons.

ROFLMAO =))
  • ZassZass Posts: 659Member
    Skyrim!!!!!! Indeed autos are better for gaming.
  • nyllatxnyllatx Posts: 295Member
    Yay <3 @Zass! :D
  • MomMom Posts: 2,577V2 Veteran
    Oh she's so way prettier than that!
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes she is. Damn Artists ;)