18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Help me Choose a "clearomizer"

President_KushPresident_Kush Posts: 48Member
edited December 2011 in The World of E-Cigarettes

After I ordered my V2cig starter kit, and before I even got it and used it, I pretty much had decided I wanted to use e-juice and fill my own cart's because its cheaper and In a pinch I can buy juice locally so don't have to wait or pay for shipping on an an internet order.  So far I am having problems with determining when my V2 cartos are "spent".  I got menthol and chocolate for my flavors in the starter kit and one of the menthol ones I could definitely taste the "burnt" taste but the rest I could not.  So far I've only had 1 where it just COMPLETELY stopped producing vapor (NOT prematurely, and the battery WAS charged) the other ones, including the burnt tasting one still produced vapor (although not as much) when I stopped using them.

This, has led me to wanting to use clearomizers.... plus they just look cool too.  Anyways... Been reading some reviews and have been getting alot of opposing views, so I would like to hear from some more people..  So far I am mostly considering the Fluxomizers (the newer ones with indestructable tube) and the Vortex 2.0's.  I would love to hear from anyone who has used either of those, especially if you've used both. 

I had been leaning towards the Vortex 2.0's.  But I'm wondering about the compatability as far as the OHM's are concerned.  Keep in mind, my V2 batteries are the newere 4.2v ones.  the vortex's only come in 2.4ohm and 3.5ohm.  I was thinking that 3.5 would be too high, yes/no? I'd think the vapor production wouldn't be as great... on the other hand I've heard others say that 2.4ohm is too low for 4.2v.  I don't wanna be struggling to get a good hit, but on the other hand, I want my batteries to last too (meaning holding charge, NOT how long an individual charge lasts).   Where as the fluxos are available in a range of OHM's including 2.6-2.8.

any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

Comments

• emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,294V2 Veteran ✭✭
    Here is chart someone (maybe Rule62?) posted here to help you figure out your ohms

I got 2.8 ohm because my batteries are all 4.2 or 4.5 volt.  The 2.8 ohm isn't high enough for the V2 passthrough.  You need something more along the lines of a 3.2 ohm.  
  • arthistorygirlarthistorygirl Posts: 294Member
    @emeleste so r u saying that the pt needs a different cart than v2 sells? I've noticed how flavors change in it and all. Is 2.8 ok on it?
  • AbsintheurAbsintheur Posts: 6,429V2 Veteran ✭✭
    and the pass throughs operate at a higher voltage as well...
  • silversplodesilversplode Posts: 127Member

Try some of each.

I'm liking the vapor production from vortex (2.4 ohm on a XL v2 newer 4.2 volt auto).

Got menthol in it right now, and it tastes good. When I first tried it, I had filled with juice from that same company. Thought the juice was burning, but I'm inclined to beleive it needs to steep for a while.

I will say, clouds of vapor with it.

The fluxo's are awesome as well.

• puppynursepuppynurse Posts: 1,514V2 Veteran
    I have tried two the ce2 which takes some fiddling before filling but work very well then a type of clearomizer you just take off top fill put top back on and you are good to go the second tend to leak small amounts of juice so I would not recommend  using those with an auto battery, so far I have not had any leaking issues with the ce2 and now since I have gotten use to how to prepare and got a dental pick they are very easy to prep and fill

I've been using my fluxomizers "gasketless". Awesome, just have to take care not to spill or tilt too much.

Others I've talked with on the forum don't seem to taste the little O ring, but I do.

At first, I removed the ring, and cup seal, and replaced the little O ring flat side up, sealing down around the ceramic cup. Fell in love with it at first, but started tasting the rubber of the O ring.

I did try one with the cup seal still in, nudged it up off the wicks a little...yek, all set on that.

Now, with all the rubber pieces removed, with or without drip tip....awesome!!!!

Also liking vortex with menthol.

As far as juices, haven't found any I like for flavor as much as the v2 juices.

• President_KushPresident_Kush Posts: 48Member
    edited December 2011

@emeleste,
    thanks.  I'm also signed up over at e-cigarette-forum, but have not come across that chart, great resource.

@lulu836,
    Are there any kr808 REGULATED batteries that are the "standard" size like the V2 standard battery?  I'm not a fan of of these big ass "E-stogie" batteries, or even the ones that are same diameter as a cig, but longer than a pen.  I like the ones that are similaraly sized to a real cig. 

@silversplode...  cool, very good to know... I'm really leaning towards the vortex 2.0 now.  I was worried because some blog/review of that said that the 2.4ohm vortex did NOT work with 4.2v batteries.  He said he tested that "2.4ohm" clearo with a multimeter and it came in at 1.9ohm which caused his battery to "detect" it as a short and not work at all. 

Also, one drawback about the fluxo I can forsee is the topcoil because I don't like hot smoke/vapor.

BTW... not sure where V2's juice comes from, but I heard that like 90% of all E-Juice from any company world wide is manufactured by Dekang biotechnology, then its just rebranded/relabeled by the retailers. 

• Rule62Rule62 Posts: 3,266V2 Veteran ✭✭✭
    If you use a drip tip, it gets you about as far away from the coil as a regular batt filled carto with a flat tip. If you use the flat tip that comes on most CE2s, the vapor will be a bit warmer.
    Dekang is the largest of the Asian juice companies, but there are also several others that are big suppliers.

I'm on day two with vortex. Still like it. No worries on the leaking, and works fine with the 4.2 batteries.

fluxomizers, good to. Seems like they are putting out more vapor now (rotating 3 of them), maybe takes a little "breaking in" (?)

On the vortex, if you use it, when you fill it, let it sit for a while to soak the ALF (anit leak filler). Maybe a minute or two does the trick.

I made the mistake of vaping the juice I ordered with these things right away....been doing JC and V2 juice prior, and forgot that some juices need to steep. Stuff already tastes better (day 3), by next week I'll probably like the stuff.

Tobacco type juices especially need to steep. I make my own juice in 15 ml batches. When the bottle gets half way down, I make another batch, so that by the time I'm ready to use it, it's aged for a while. It's probably a good practice if you're buying pre mixed, to order ahead.

Roger that Rule62.

I thought maybe the vortex was burning the juice, but it was just too "green". Left some in the vortexes and fluxo's and they taste better already this a.m.

As for the fluxo's, will only use them at home because I won't use the O ring or cup seal. I've got coffee mugs set up in the places where I would typically lay down an e-cig, so I can put it down and keep it upright. That way no juice goes down into the battery, or leaks out the mouth end.

You got to tray hitting that thing this way....more fog than a rock concert.

edited December 2011

@silverpslode... so with the vortex you have no leaking issues?  Do you also have to keep those upright or can you just set them down however and you'll be fine??? (btw.... you are talking about the vortex 2.0 right? THIS ONE)

Some reviewer was talking about the vortex 2.0 and said you gotta let it sit a couple minutes after filling or it will not work properly. 

And also on a youtube video review, some guy said if you take the drip tip/mouthpiece off the vortex 2.0 before it runs out of juice, it will cause leaking 

Oh yeah also wanted to ask anyone... How much longer is the vortex 2.0 than a regular V2 carto?  and what about the Fluxo XL and regular versions?

President_Kush

The vortex, at least the ones I've got, don't leak. Yes, once filled, vape it down until very little remains...something to do with air pressure I think.

A tad longer than the reg carto, due to the (awesome) mouth piece. You can lay this sucker down...you can keep it in your pocket, no worries.

This thing is like they decribe the vision, in my opinion. They would be making a mistake to discontinue it, it's the best I've tried. No fuss, No muss, lots of vapor. I'm not sure I would want it higher ohms, either. Using it with a 4.2 V2 long, as well as my older white automatics. No issues.

edited December 2011
    L to R: V2  Vision Std.   Vision Mini  CE2XL

• danzdanz Posts: 84Member
    Wait vortex mini is bigger?  Oh and what color are v2 blanks? I thought they were grey?

danz, those are the visions there.

Vortex with out the mouth piece is about the size of the carto, then a bit longer with it in. The vortex does not have the "whistle tip". Like the vision, it's a "fill and go" option.

Ahhh, makes sense.
    Yeah, I had to edit. I typed Vortex by mistake.
    I don't know why the Mini is bigger than the Standard. I asked the same question of the supplier.
    That is weird. 
    edited December 2011

@silversplode, I've been posting over at e-cigarette-forum as well, and some guy replied to me, talking about resurrecting the vortex.... I said I wasn't aware it was dead.  Then he also mentioned a next gen vortex, said it would have 3ml capacity, but personally I don't think i'd like that cuz then it be huge like that XL ce2 or larger.  gonna order a pack of vortex's right after this post :)

@rule62, thanks for that pic, really helpful.  don't suppose you have had any of the "regular" sized Fluxo's as opposed to the XL's.  over at the e-cigarette-forum/gotvapes they said they were going to be getting some more in.... So maybe when/if they do, I'll try them out, but damn that XL is huge.  Also I've heard the regular sized ones hit better or taste better cuz they don't have that "string" wick that hangs down.

is just me, or is this board messed up... keep double posting and editor is acting wierd... doubling all my "spaces/breaks" and such

• hoosierhoosier Posts: 3,358V2 Veteran

No, it looks like it double posts, but if you go back, it's just a single post.

No, it looks like it double posts, but if you go back, it's just a single post.
    @President_Kush I have some of the older stainless steel 808 CE2s. They are the same size as a V2 carto.
    Okay just ordered the 808 vortex if this works for me, Ill be supper happy. Cant say Ill be complacent, it'll probably make me want more.

danz, I wish I was rigged up to make a video review. This thing makes the fog thick.  I've been alternating with the fluxo. Just my opinion, but better vape and less hassle with vortex. And, the fluxo is awesome bare but dangerous to the battery.

Maybe it's just me but the little O ring tastes rubbery. No where near as much as the cup seal, but still a taste.

Vortex doesn't have that issue, and this version 2 I'm using (2 of the 5 in rotation) doesn't leak on either end. I'm realy liking this thing.

It's what I was after: better hits, more vape, no batting, no leaking, easy fill.

Only downside is it seems to go through juice faster (hense the dense cloud of fog it produces).

I did get one condensation (mouth juice) hit while rapid vaping, but I washed it down with cold beer and discovered "menthol bud", pretty good actually. Won't do it on purpose, but I have more cold beer ready for when the opportunity presents again.

Right on, yeah I was considering a CE2 before but since Im still fairly new (few months) I didnt want something I had to hassle with, so Im glad ya'll posted this. :-)   

I leave rapid vaping to full cartos as I havnt had em leak on me yet, I don't rapid vape on a low carto as burning equals carcinogens (in theory). 

But yeah, just wanted something easy to fill, produced good vapor and I could have fun with as I experiement. I imagine these (vortex) are easier for mixing as well. 

Can't wait to try out the vortex... also I've been posting over at E-cig-forum (at the gotvapes vendor forum) and a guy from gotvapes said in a couple weeks they will have the vortex 3.0 along with a bunch more next generation clearo's 

• arthistorygirlarthistorygirl Posts: 294Member
    Darn, my ce2's and ce3's are sitting at my post office or I would be telling you about how they compare... Guess tomorrow I will.
    edited December 2011

got my vortex 2.0's last wednesday... Just thought I'd let you all know.   They work great, I love them.  But they are not perfect.  So far I've used 4 of 5 and 1 of those 4 has a really tight draw like its somehow "clogged up" and it came that way.  It was the first one I used so I was sorta dissapointed at first, but the next 3 have a draw slightly looser than the stock V2 carto's so thats great.  Haven't really had any leaking other than a really minor bit on the battery end... but its still not even enough to damage an UNsealed auto battery.  I just check it every now and then and blot it dry with a paper towl if needed... seems to only happen to 2 of them, and only when I blow in the tube or suck without activating the battery (to clear out left over vapor after a hit)  

Anyways, I deffinately recomend them.  I was going to order another pack, but the guys at gotvapes are saying "really really soon" the successor (vortex 3.0) will be coming out, so I might just wait and see what those look like.  Don't think I'm even going to try the fluxomizers anymore cuz they still never got in the regular size ones, and people are saying they give you a slight "rubber" taste. 

Glad you enjoy the vortex.

I've sort of moved on from the clearo's and tanks. I've found that the fillerized carto's work better for me, for now.

They just can't seem to find a way to make one that tastes great and not leak, and last long. For some the ce's do, but for me....rubbery yeck taste.

Dual coil carto's you may find interesting, though.....

I'm still using my CE2 XLs...they are fine, and I do like them.  I just don't like it when they spit back in my mouth.  And sometimes it's annoying to have to break out a syringe to fill them.  Yes...I could remove the cup seal (I do anyway, now) and drip.  I just don't think to do that much.  I've kind of become interested in the Kanger XL carts.  They do have batting, but hold the same amount as the CE2 XLs.   And they seem to work really well.  Right now I'm sort of switching between the Kangers and the CE2s.     
  • puppynursepuppynurse Posts: 1,514V2 Veteran
    The ce2's are okay they do require a little more work to fill and I do not like the juice in my mouth either but the worst thing about them is after using for a while you get a hint of a rubber taste and they do leak not a lot but they do leak.  I have been using a cart that holds 3ml's of liquid and does have the batting I get no leaking and they are easy to fill only downside is because of size on first fill you have to let them sit overnight but after that just top off as needed and vape away.  I will not purchase any more ce2 carts and look forward to trying the kanger xl carts in the near future em you know what I am talking about. 

Those CE2 fluxomizers are the first "clearomizers" I came across, and initially What I was going to try.  I was still planning on ordering some to try them out, but did not want those huge XL's.  They said they would be getting some more regular sized ones in, but never yet.  Also according to some of the people over at E-Cigarette-forum.com the regular sized ones do a better job wicking because they do not have the actuall "string" wicks that hang down like in the XL's.  

I still have a bunch more flavors I wanna try out, so I will end up ordering another pack of clearos.. but I'm waiting on either regular sized fluxo's or gotvapes has also been saying that a new round of "next gen" clearos will be coming soon, but so only one has, and still waiting on the rest. 

also fogot.. another reason I was leaning away from the fluxo's is because they're top coils.  the vortex 2.0's are bottom coil.  Vapor is cool/room temp.  After taking a few succesive puffs, its gets rather warm near the coil end (2.4ohm)... I dont' think i'd like that much if it was right up on my lips, and inhaling warm/hot vapor. 

I used to find that the stainless steel CE2s would get warm at the mouthpiece end, especially when vaping outdoors during the summer, if I wasn't using a drip tip. I don't find the clears to be hot at all.
    I've heard good things about this one.  One of the forum members here swears by them.  They hold a bit less than a regular cart...but are "clearomizers" (sort of) and aren't big like the CE2 XLs.

Maybe they would suit, @President_Kush....and anyone else that might be interested.  
    But it only holds .5ml of liquid.  I'd be refilling it a dozen times a day.
  • MomMom Posts: 2,577V2 Veteran
    I think the vortex is the same type of deal as the .5mil tank atomizer, only larger.  At least that's what the pictures led me to believe.
    According to the website, the Vortex has a 1.2ml fill, so it can hold at least twice as much.

@Emeleste.  Those things look a lot like the Vortex 2.0's.  LOVE how they can take the time (the whole 1 minute required) to post the dimensions.  First time I've seen that from ANY e-cig vendor...with the exception of some batteries (length only). But I'm really happy with the vortex 2.0's and I'm going to either order another pack of those or hopefully the vortex 3.0's will be coming out soon... that's what the gotvapes guys says. /

@Mom @hoosier, that thing does look similar but it almost looks like it could be an older "re-branded" Vortex 1.0...though I think those were also larger than .5ml.  The vortex is in fact 1.2ml and personally I think it would be better at an even 1ml, which would allow it to be slightly shorter.  The Vortex 2.0 is 39mm tall (without mouthpiece/drip tip) and 51.5mm with it, but how it's designed you can't actually use it without the mouthpiece.  One website selling CE2 deluxe XL put it at 50mm... but that is without a mouthpiece/drip tip and i've read (maybe even here, lol to lazy to read all the old posts) that with those CE2's you should really use a mouthpiece.  Anyways here is a size comparison pic I took with a V2 carto.

• wolfienukewolfienuke Posts: 107Member
    What vendors are selling these products. I'm having trouble finding 808 clearomizers or fluxomizers in the proper resistance (2.8-3.0) for the v2 auto batteries (KR808D-1). PM me if there are issues posting vendor links in the forums. I am looking for a good tank system without polyfill for DIY liquid.
    @wolfienuke  ...sent you a PM.
  • dac311dac311 Posts: 414Member ✭✭
    I am looking for a clearomizer that fits the v2 nicely. I would like something like the vortex, but I can't find them on the gotvapes site. Can anyone give me any info?
  • dac311dac311 Posts: 414Member ✭✭
    Looking at these it looks like the me end of the threads are on the clearomizer. I want one for my v2 battery, so for the 808 version are the thread the male or female connection?
    The one in the picture is an 808.
    The KR808d-1 cartomizer connections are "female".
  • KillConfirmedKillConfirmed Posts: 622Member
    im very happy with my Fluxomizer XL's. 
    1.8 is the perfect amount for me everyday.
    im looking forward to prepping and modding my next pack.
    hopefully one day there will be a version i wont hav to mod,
    but for now im happy.
    @KillConfirmed I sent you a PM.