18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

How long does it take to charge a battery ?

jj55jj55 Posts: 2Member
edited January 2012 in V2 Cigs Product Q&A
Can someone tell me how long does it take to charge a battery ?

Comments

• jj55jj55 Posts: 2Member
    edited January 2012
    Can someone tell me how long it takes to charge a Battery ?
  • emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,293V2 Veteran ✭✭
    I think around 3 to 4 hours as a rule.
  • MomMom Posts: 2,577V2 Veteran
    That depends upon the size, but I'd say between 3 to 5 hours.
  • MomMom Posts: 2,577V2 Veteran
    deja vu - it's not necessary to post the same question more than once.  Just an FYI. :)
  • jwolfejwolfe Posts: 5,456V2 Veteran
    Maybe he does everything twice, he has 2 j's and 2 5's in his name...
    :-S
  • jj55jj55 Posts: 2Member
    Thanks for the answer and sorry about posting 2 times in differnet places but new here ...new here and just learning how things work..Have a great day.
  • lulu836lulu836 Posts: 762V2 Veteran ✭✭
    edited January 2012

They come to you partially charged so you can use them for a short time just to see how they work.  Depending on how much you used it before putting it on the charger and how much charge it came to you with usually varies greatly.  So I can only say "it depends".  The best way to use your battery is to not let it run down to the stage where the endcap blinks which indicates that it is about to lose its charge totally.  As you grow accustomed to vaping you will be able to detect the point where the vapor is not as heavy as it was at a full charge and the flavor will diminish.  This is the best time to put it on the charger.  You cannot overcharge the battery by leaving it on the charger too long as there is a cutoff within the charger that stops the charging process after full battery capacity is reached.  Batteries are said to last for 200 charges.  That means 200 full charges from blinking to full charge.  If you do partial charges based on the above parameters then you are not doing full charges and are therefore "beating the odds" of the life of the battery.

Having at least 3 batteries is almost a must.  One you are using, one on the charger and one fully charged.  Different sized batteries last for different amounts of time and take different amounts of time to charge. 

edited January 2012
  • visionary333visionary333 Posts: 1,446Member
    Is this a blonde joke? :)
    Why is it a blonde joke?
    Never mind. It was a joke.
  • marni_V2cigsmarni_V2cigs Posts: 1,153Member
    These threads have been merged.  :)>-
    Per marni, leave it on the charger for at least three hrs even if the batt turns green.

Whoa! I didn't see that coming.
  • brnbear44brnbear44 Posts: 2Member
    My charger light usually turns green within about 20 minutes (even when the batter was dead ie. blinking)... If I leave my battery on the charger will it continue to charge?
  • kstraub7707kstraub7707 Posts: 1,891V2 Veteran
    @brnbear44 - yes!  :)
  • BenzinBenzin Posts: 6Member
    Hi guys, newby here.
    just to be 100% clear about this...

1.- I can safely leave my batteries in the cahrger for several hours (say overnight) without any harm to the battery, they wont "overcharge"

2.- Even thoug the light on the charger might turn green, it does NOT mean the battery is 100% charged. In other words, even if the charger led is green, battery might not be 100% charged yet.

is this correct?

thanks
  • DixieDixie Posts: 6,230V2 Veteran
    @Benzin yes on both questions.  The battery will not overcharge you can charge them all night.  if you know the battery is dead ( blinked ) then yes a min 4 hour charge is required to full charge. it is better to top off your batteries though than to let them go dead each time.  It will make the battery last longer.
  • BenzinBenzin Posts: 6Member
    @Dixie:
    Thanks!
  • RoadRunnerRoadRunner Posts: 688Member
    I will add however that I have been told by CS not to leave them on charge for an extended period of time, Extended period of time was defined as 24 hrs or longer.
  • ronzillaronzilla Posts: 21Member
    @lulu836: because it's too stupid for brunettes? jk :)

V2 is unequivocally the BEST e-cig on the market. Purchase the 'Ultimate' starter kit. You will NOT regret it!