18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Question About Cleaning the Battery

naterealbignaterealbig Posts: 2Member
edited January 2011 in V2 Cigs Product Q&A
Hi, I have bee using the V2 for a couple months, and I love the product. My last "batch" of cartridges I bought right before the Holidays. When I started using the new cartridges, I noticed that it seemed I had to suck (significantly) harder to get a good vapor. I attributed this to the new cartridges, however upon inspection today, I noticed that the tip of the battery (which the cartridges screw on to) looked dirty. It almost looks like soot, and will not come off with a napkin or paper towel. Also, the three small holes (on the threaded end of the battery) that allow the air to flow in and through the cartridge were almost completely clogged. I used a magnifying glass and a straightened-out staple to remove the clog. Immediately, this resolved the "weak" vapor issue, and I now get a better "throat-hit" off the vapor. I can still see that there are areas around the threaded end of the battery that I can't seem to get clean, and am left with a few questions.

1) Is this normal? If not, what am I doing wrong? If so, is there a procedure for cleaning the battery properly?
2) What would be the best chemical solution to clean the end of the vcig battery?

Thanks in advance for any help, comments, and advice! I will post some pictures of what I am talking about later this evening.

Nate

Comments

• JondsterJondster Posts: 571V2 Veteran
    Doesn't sound normal ... do you keep the battery w/o cart in your pocket ?

Get a pin, a toothpick, a soft rag and some alcohol or vinegar. Dip the threaded end into the alcohol or vinegar momentarily then address the little holes in the threads with the pin, removing what you can. Use the tooth pick in the center aperture, carefully stroking to remove any crud. If youhave any canned compressed air (like for your computer), blow of the small and center holes to remove any crud and/or excess liquid. Do not insert the "straw" of the canned air into the holes and blow as this may apply too much air pressure.

See how that works. Repeat as necessary.
  • StorytellerStoryteller Posts: 563Member
    Just an added note. I have read in some of the forums where people have talked about blowing into the end four times to reset the battery. You are supposed to do this WITHOUT a cartomizer screwed on. If you blow into the cartomizer while it is attached to the battery you can blow juice into the battery itself thus cloggin up the mechanism that triggers the battery and rendering your battery useless.
  • cjmrfixcjmrfix Posts: 16Member
    I have all manual shorty batteries. I have to constantly clean my battery ends every week. The threads and holes will get crud or residue in it. You know your getting a good hit of the V2 when you hear a slight sizzle. This is the atomizer heating up the juice. Well every so often Ill screw a cart onto a freshly charged battery and take a hit and nothing, no sizzle, no vapor, no throat hit. I will then clean the threads, and holes and in between the center and outer ring of the battery and low and behold my next hit there is sizzle, vapor and throat hit. Like i said this happens to me atleast once a week and I have 2 black shorty manuals and one white shorty manual
  • DragonDragon Posts: 596Member ✭✭
    I hear a lot of you say your batteries have 3 holes around the side under the threads to take in air not counting the center hole. I have 5 batteries and all of mine only have 2 holes under the threads to take in air not counting the center hole whats with that.
  • VapinitaVapinita Posts: 746Member
    All 5 of my batteries (4 auto, 1 manual) have only 2 holes but my power-cig has 3.
  • EarthpigEarthpig Posts: 4,754V2 Veteran
    Normal.
    I clean out a few batteries a day.
    The 3 holes need cleared, and blow em out after you run a staple(or straight pin) through them, BUT FIRST, use the same staple(pin) to clean the inside groove around the outer surface. Clean that first, so you don't drag more gunk back into the 3 holes.
    I have used MAF automotive spray on em, but that is last and a rare resort as a cleaning solvent (and dries totally clean, contaminant free). I don't suggest doing this except in extreme circumstances, since the spray can get into the internal works, with long term effects unknown.

The carto's tend to leak a little and there may be other factors that clog things some. Especially if you are filling your own.

And yes some have 2 holes.
    A testament of using differing chinese sources.
  • JondsterJondster Posts: 571V2 Veteran
    EP ~ hmmmm, yeah. Hand in the cookie jar there
  • Stephanie_V2cigsStephanie_V2cigs Posts: 546Banned
    Just a note, In my experience those little 'holes' actually are related to the battery. Meaning that it will vary based on lengths and auto vs manual upon inspection.
  • baymystbaymyst Posts: 13Member
    edited January 2011
    LOL, just figured this out on my off brand batteries. The first two batts have been getting progressivly harder to draw on to the point my #1 failed to give vaper after a full charge. I had made a habit of carefully wiping off the connector but did not heretofore focus on cleaning the holes or groves. After cleaning the #1 with a pin, lots of gunk came out and it now performs as well as my brand new batteries! Apparently the holes, 2 on mine, are critical and must be clean. I now realize that I may have tossed a good number of carts that were not as bad as I thought, lol. I have also noticed that the burnt flavor of some of my older and cleaned carts is greatly reduced. Honestly I was going to start a thread on this, but here it is! Thanks you all!
  • EarthpigEarthpig Posts: 4,754V2 Veteran
    Clean em for customers, Jon! They keep thinking their batteries are toast, and I teach em!
  • merlinmerlin Posts: 25Member
    Thanks everyone this was great help !!! Cleaned mine ,Vapor everywhere!
  • naterealbignaterealbig Posts: 2Member
    Thanks for all of the input, and sorry I haven't responded sooner. School, moving, and post-holiday trauma :) have kept me busy. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I have a habit of keeping the v2 in my pocket, which I'm sure attributes to this condition. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that would cause major issues down the road. I will probably make a habit of cleaning these out every week or so. V2 IS THE BEST.

Nate
  • goin4nosmokegoin4nosmoke Posts: 1,672Member
    yup keep our babys clean guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • VapetressVapetress Posts: 1,073Member
    edited January 2011
    Just a note of something I learned on Youtube. You can dip your manuals in a little alcohol and then wipe it off and dry it. But I heard you should NEVER apply that cleaning method to autos as they are NOT sealed, and you will fry your battery. Is this true, makes sense to me, so I just use a paper towel with a little alcohol on it to clean those and don't dip it IN the alcohol. I only have 1 auto, as I figured out pretty quickly I much preferred the manuals : )
    edit. when I say dip in alcohol of course I mean Iso alcohol LOL and I mean just the threads.
  • goin4nosmokegoin4nosmoke Posts: 1,672Member
    i saw that you can use alcohol on the autos using a q-tip, and very little alcohol, just to get the outer and inner threads cleaned up, and then use a paper towel to clean the area near the hole....seems to do good for me :)
  • AnaBanana22AnaBanana22 Posts: 120Member
    Ahh this thread is very helpful!!!!! I've noticed I need to clean my batteries every wk! Thx for tips