18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Newcomer's Welcome Wagon Thread

AbsintheurAbsintheur Posts: 6,429V2 Veteran ✭✭
edited February 2012 in New Members Start Here
The forum is seeing new members daily and folks new to V2 in general. Stop in and say hi and if you want tell us your story that led you here to joining the V2 family. And let me be the first to say congratulations and good luck on your journey to become cigarette free. Just remember it is a destination and not a race, everyone sets their own pace but you have taken the first and hardest step.

Your first stop should be here...the rules forum reading through these can save embarrassment and grief later on. We don't have many rules but they are important.

Next if you are new to vaping this thread will explain many of the terms you will see here on the forums.

Last the trouble shooting thread can help solve some basic issues you might have.

Watch the stickies at the top of the forum...Marni at V2 loves running contests for free goodies, make sure you enter. Also you may want to tell your story and become the V2 Fan of the Week.

once more...congrats and welcome to the V2 family!

Comments

• emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,294V2 Veteran ✭✭
    Great post @Absintheur!   And WELCOME to all the new vapers/forum members!

Please introduce yourself (again, if you already posted in the contest thread) and let us know a bit about you and ask any questions you may have!

Welcome to the V2 Forum, everyone!  
  • tony203x3tony203x3 Posts: 5Member
    edited February 2012
    Hi im antonio i just ordered my starter kit this weekend should be getting it soon i have been smoking 1.5 packs a day for 6 years. I just have 1 question Do menthols taste anything like newports
    edited February 2012
    @tony203x3   I don't think any flavor cartomizer or juice for e-cigs is going to be exactly like the same in flavor as the analog cigarettes.  But I do know that I was a menthol smoker for 43 years...and the V2 menthol is very good!  I like it.  And it seems most people here who've tried it really really like it.  A lot!  Think of it as "changing brands" more than "I'm trying to quit smoking".  You may find that works better for you.  
  • AbsintheurAbsintheur Posts: 6,429V2 Veteran ✭✭
    tony...welcome to the V2 family. I smoked methols for 35+ years and I agree with eme...no juice is going to taste just like an analog because of the 4000 chemical in the Newport...lol. However the V2 Menthol is the best menthol I have found, and I have tried quite a few. I discovered I liked the sweet juices better than the tobacco flavors. You really should try a sampler pack, the cola for instance...you will swear you just took a drink of Coke when you vape it.
  • tony203x3tony203x3 Posts: 5Member
    Thanks for the info and help Absintheur and Ema i orderd congress methonal and red bull carts i am going order the sampler To see what flovors i like
  • marni_V2cigsmarni_V2cigs Posts: 1,155Member
    @tony203x3 we have a Newport flavor available in the limited edition cart list. These are 24mg, so may be too strong. A flavor sampler is always a good choice!

• JerseyGrlJerseyGrl Posts: 3Member
    edited February 2012
    Newbie here, tried the disposables and thought they were pretty good so we ordered the couples kit, we cut back significantly since using the disposables, my husband is having an easier time it seems, but I'm going to force myself to vape only in the morning starting with my coffee. We ordered Cowboy Medium, we wanted something as close as possible to Marlboro Lights, I also just ordered cherry and the sampler because I wanted to try all the other flavors to see which 1 I like best. 

This forum is great, I've been doing tons of reading and all the info has been helpful.
  • fionajoefionajoe Posts: 148Member ✭✭
    I am kind of a newbie..lol...... As mentioned above this forum is great. Everyone is so nice and helpful and I have learnt heaps. I am on day no 7........ The day I received my kit was the day I started. I still have 2 pks of analogs but have been good and not gone near them and to be honest I dont really feel like it anyway. I also ordered the samplers and having fun going thru and trying different ones. I would have to say my favourite so far is coffee and menthol. I previously did not smoke menthol so I think its a bit strange that I like menthol so much. I have read so much from everyone on here about refilling carts etc.... that sounds so confusing at the moment :-) but I am sure once I learn more it wont all seem so strange to me. Any little hints about "filling" carts or "topping up" so a newbie can understand it would be great.. Thanks again    Fiona
  • mimimimi Posts: 1,998V2 Veteran
    @fionajoe-don't toss the ones you are not crazy about. Your tastes will change as your taste buds wake up. Just stick them in a drawer and try them in a month.
    Thanks Mimi,  will do.    :-)
    Welcome to all who have posted...just remember to ask if you have any questions...lot's of helpful folks here...
    BUMP!
  • deedradeedra Posts: 286Member
    Hi I'm a newbie.  After doing a lot of research I decided to go with V2.  I'm glad I did!  I recieved my ultimate kit yesterday plus another 20 carts and the free disposable,  I smoked menthol lights for 28 years.  I was smoking 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day.  I ordered menthol 12 mg and 6 mg carts.  I find the 12 mg perfect for me as far as nicotine levels go.  (No desire for an analog).  I love the taste of the menthol.  The free disposable they sent me was 18mg for some reason and I can't vape it without coughing really really bad so I put it away.  I like the auto battery better when I'm away from my computer but I don't get enough throat hit with it so I'm using the manual battery.  I have a lot of posts to read through and I'm still learning to vape so hopefully I will find some answers to get a better throat hit with the auto.  I threw my last pack of analogs away last night after vaping all afternoon and find I don't miss them.  Yay!  Oh....  I ordered more carts last night.   Better to have to many than run out! 
    Welcome @deedra !  Sounds like you are well on your way with your vaping journey!  And no..you can never have too many cartomizers and you can't have too many batteries!  Make yourself at home and I hope we see more of you on the forum!  
  • DixieDixie Posts: 6,230V2 Veteran
    :\"> Just added up my batteries...after today's adventure...I am up to 19 well 18 one is dead...I have a problem rofl
  • sbresbre Posts: 103Member ✭✭
    Hi, I am Sherri and have been vaping for 1 week and 1 day.  I absolutely LOVE it!!!  I ordered my batteries as automatics, but I just ordered a Notebook.  It says only in manual, so I guess when it comes in I will have to learn that.      I ordered Reds12  and discontinued Congress 6.  Really liked Congress but the Peppermint is awesome!  I also ordered the sampler pack, but have only tried the above so far.
  • Welcome to all!
    deedra ~ please consider buying some juice as well, those carts can be reused quite a few times...using them once and discarding them is a tremendous waste of your vaping dollars. Refilling is as easy as lighting an analog!

Sherri ~ One thing to bear in mind, the notebook cig run at about 5 volts, higher than your batteries so take that first hit gently, I know I really hit my notebook hard the first time I tried it and ended up coughing for 10 minutes. I am a fan of sweet flavors...really curbs my sweet tooth as well as my urge for a analog.

Congrats to you both and welcome to the V2 Family!
  • deedradeedra Posts: 286Member
    Thanks Abs,  I definately have the juice, among other goodies, in my wish list now that I know vaping is for me. 
    A question for all you great experienced people...... If you have full carts (pre filled carts) can you get some juice and just put couple drops in (is that what is called topping up your carts???) and if you can does the juice have to be the same flavour? Sorry if this is a silly question but I am quite new to this....I got heaps of sampler packs and some I really like and others I dont, so I thought maybe if you could add some other juice to the ones I dont like, it might change the flavour and they would last longer, or am I way off the track  lol....
     Today is day no 10....yay for me..lol   Fiona   
  • PaksenarionPaksenarion Posts: 1,261Member
    @fionajoe its always worth a try tho i haven't had much luck with it. the only flavors i don't like from V2 r the cigarette flavors and the only way your gonna cover that up is with something really strong like menthol or peppermint.
    Try reverse taryn spinning the juice out so you can reuse the cart with one of those yummy flavors.
    Grats on day 10
  • VapeBabeVapeBabe Posts: 15Member
    Good morning, I've been lurking here for awhile and reading the forums.  Don't have much to contribute right now as I'm still learning but I can't tell you how much I've learning in the last few months.  Went from just buying prefilled carts to filling my own, learning that you need to keep an arsenal full of supplies for when sales come around and demand is high.  I've become quite the hoarder but have been smoke free for almost eight months.  Thanks everyone for the great info.
    Ugh my first post and I didn't mean to post it twice.
    edited February 2012
    It's cool @VapeBabe...when you refresh there will only be one! 

And...WELCOME!!
    edited February 2012
    Thanks, that was fast and I noticed that now.  Thanks for the welcome!  And you can customize your account-I'm learning, slowly!
    Nice avatar of the Apple iPhone!  :D
    welcome VapeBabe and congrats om 8 months!
  • Ck9Ck9 Posts: 653Member
    Hi. I just discovered ecigs on Monday when I happened to see a sign for disposables in a convenience store. Bought one and loved the amount of vapour, but it didn't taste too good. Went home and started researching and so many reviews liked V2 best. Came to the sight and bought the Economy starter kit on Jan31st. Since then I have been vaping the disposable whenever I don't feel like going outside, but I have no idea what level (if any) of nicotine it has in it so I feel like I don't trust it and keep smoking analogues. (Is that Canadian spelling? Why yes it is. I'm from Toronto.) Can't wait to get my V2s but I fear it may be a while. I already know I'm ordering the sampler pack next. Initially ordered 12mg Red. Very happy with this site and the Customer service here at V2.

Question:Where can I go to learn how to refill cartridges? I take it this is cheaper. Unfortunately, being from Canada, the shipping fees might kill me. When you factor that in my analogues are cheaper by about $60/month and I'm poor! Thatsif I order twice/month but I notice a lot of people tend to stock up. I just don't have the cash flow to do that.

Another question: is there ever an issue getting carts over the border? I read some things which seemed to say only the 0mg were legal in Canada.

Thanks everyone!
    Claire
    Just found a very good video on YouTube about refilling carts. So that question is answered.
  • PaksenarionPaksenarion Posts: 1,261Member
    @Ck9 use the search on the home page, there's videos for every part of vaping on these forums
    Wecome to the forum and the V2 family!

filling carts is as easy as lighting an analog...lol...I use the condom method...always best to fill from the bottom up as the coil is in the bottom. A quick gentle blow will make sure the center tube is clear...

Very helpful. Thanks for this!
    More than welcome Ck9
  • anthony_john1anthony_john1 Posts: 694Member
    Ck9, please check out the posts about Canada. V2 does ship there and many get their supplies but it would appear that some get delayed at the border, and I think some even get refused. The fellow Canadians there can provide the info.
    whoops, sorry Ck9, I see you've already found it
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012

Hello all !

2 weeks now without an analog cig. I can not belive how easy it was to quit smoking with V2 (Sahara 12mg).

I smoked 1 pack a day for 20 years and thought I would never be able to give it up.

I've been reading the forums for the last week, seems rather nice in here (with some very funny people).

A big thank you to Absintheur for the condom fill video. It worked great!  Now I need to find this taryn

person to thank them for the taryn spin! 

Zombies....."humans, they're not just for breakfast anymore"

Welcome to the V2 family and to the forums Daddycat...and congrats on your results.

There are several on here who have championed the taryn spin...emeleste, Dixie, and Mom all come to mind.
    :D  Yep!!  Welcome @DaddyCat !!! 

Thank you again Absintheur and thank you emeleste. So if there is no person named "taryn" where did the name taryn spin come from?   Inquiring minds want to know.

edited February 2012
    NO idea who, but it's a person's name.  It means something like "Rocky Hill" or "Thunder" depending on what origin you go by.  Someone named Taryn (unclear if first or last name) who was an early pioneer of e-cigarettes came up with the idea to use centrifugal force to get e-juice into the cartomizer...and told others about the idea.  It got popular and became known as "Taryn's Spin" then later just "taryn spin".  

Well, I had to google "Taryn's Spin" and found this (don't try this at home kids) not sure if it's related to our taryn spin but it might be!

http://figureskating.about.com/od/glossarylettert/g/taryn.htm

Makes as much sense as the other theory!  

But...OUCH!!!  I don't think I'll be trying that Taryn move anytime soon!!   lol!!  
  • MomMom Posts: 2,577V2 Veteran
    Bumpity bump!
    I know what you mean eme...if I was that flexible I wouldn't need a girlfriend...lol...
    =))   =))
  • matt29matt29 Posts: 8Member

Hi all,

Names Matty, last smoke was yesterday at 10am as my starter kit showed up at 10:30am. Gotta say I'm pretty pleased as I don't have any cravings for analog so far. Turns out coffee is the numero uno for me! I don't drink coffee often, but vapin it rules haha. Too bad I got a 40 pack of the red since I'm not too into it (I do have a post on the swap thread if anyone is interested in them though ;)

I've been browsing the forums for last day and thank you to all the great informative posts I've read.

One thing that is escaping me so far is the question of: How much nic did I used to get   VS   how much am I getting now. I've been getting some achy / headachy / tiredness symptoms. I saw some post about a formula you can use with analogs but darned if I can't find it now. I did find that my smokes American Spirit (blue) has 1.79mg per smoke, apparently one of the highest of all smokes. Also that it has more base smoke than most. If that is per smoke, I would guess I was getting around 1mg of that smokin' it. That would total 10mg per day since I averaged 1/2 pad.

Sooo (sorry this has gotten so long), with the v2 I noticed I went through one cart of 18mg in the first day by taking 10 or so puffs every hour and a half which is what I was doing with analogs (hardly the 400 puffs or = to 1 pack claim v2 makes eh?). So today I've been taking it quite easy on the vaping, but that's been tough since it is quite fun haha!. Symptoms seem to fall under cigarette withdrawl AND nicotine overdose so who the heck knows. Looking forward to getting some more v2 equipment and some 12mg carts/juice on the 14th though!! ;)

Anyways, that's my story. Ok, see ya on the boards!

Matt

Please don't forget to drink a lot of water.  Vaping will dry you out.  Headaches can come from withdrawal of some chemical in your cigarettes or dehydration.  If I get too much nicotine, I'll get a queezy feeling (like the first cigarette you ever had), not a headache.  If you exhale through your sinus cavity, that can give you a headache as well. 
    Oh, and welcome @matt29! :)
    Matt, getting that sweet spot can be a little tricky. The best advice I can think of as you begin to figure it all out would be to have some variety of strengths around. You may want/need a full to fight off a craving, but a med or light later, to vape on for pleasure without going crazy on the Nic. Many people here order some zero Nics as well as their regulars so they can vape like crazy with no issues. Craving coming on? Pop on the strength you need and vape the craving away.
  • RoadRunnerRoadRunner Posts: 688Member

Welcome @matt29 and congratulations on joining the V2 family, both with product and the forum family. A combination of both is what got me to this point after just over 2 weeks now and almost a week with totally no analogs. Like some on here I had 1-3 analogs a day for about the 1st 10 days or so.

I have read several posts on here and find myself that nicotine is a stimulant. If your heart is racing etc, then you maybe getting too much nicotine. If you're feeling tired or sluggish you're probably not getting enough.

Like was mentioned earlier, drinking lots of water is also important as it helps flush out the old toxins as well as to keep you hydrated. I live in the desert so this was not a big change for me.

I was a pack and a half a day of Pall Mall Red 100's at 24mg/pack. I currently vape 2-3 carts a day of 18 and I feel better than I have in a long time. You will of course notice changes as you continue to flush out all the 4,000+ chemicals and get used to just nicotine, PG and a couple of natural flavorings.