18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
Zig-Zag Vaporizers Zig-Zag vaporizers are a modern take on an iconic brand, with a style as individual as yours.

How Long Does a Cartridge Last?

philipphilip Posts: 60Banned
edited February 2012 in New Members Start Here
Contrary to what V2 and all of the other ecig companies claim a cartridge is NOT equal to a pack of smokes, it a 1/2 pack. So when you caculate your savings remember to cut that number in half. Still a good deal just not what they all claim. Anybody disagree with me?

Comments

• Totally2HempTotally2Hemp Posts: 4,398V2 Veteran
    I agree its not equal to a pack... but it really depends on your vaping habits as well.... may be 1/2 pack ... or a bit more or a bit less....
  • Valcas1Valcas1 Posts: 31Member
    Based on my style. I have it between 1/3-1/2 pack.
  • anthony_john1anthony_john1 Posts: 694Member
    I used to smoke 1/2 pack of analogs per day. I go through 2 or 3 V2 Coffee Carts per day. I just got some V2 Colas and 1 Cart has lasted me all day. 1 Cola Cart seems to be like 1/2 a pack. I don't know why my Coffees last much shorter time.
  • emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,294V2 Veteran ✭✭
    I'm with Valcas1. I say I get a half pack worth most of the time...but reality for me is closer to 1/3 or so.
  • CMaliceCMalice Posts: 1Member
    My cart's lasted a whole day when I first started, but now I go through two a day.  I think maybe I am using them more or taking in deep hits.  How do you all know when you are done with a cart?  Mine get a kinda burnt taste, but there is still vapor left.
  • CynsonyaCynsonya Posts: 5,761Member
    @CMalice...when you get the burnt taste, it's done.
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭

CMalice, like many of us you may be vaping more than you smoked. The flavor and vapor output changes when the carto is near empty. If you get the burnt taste the carto is ruined and can not be refilled.

• happy_vapeyhappy_vapey Posts: 918Member
    even after i tapered off the vaping, vaping less than i smoked- i go through about the same amount of cartos a day 2.5.  For a while, before i was tapering i was up to about 4!  I really think they are lasting less and less time than they did when i first started ordering just over 1 yr ago
  • Dale123Dale123 Posts: 112Member ✭✭
    They don't fill them like they used too. I started about a year ago as well. I remember being able to open a cart and see it being moist on top.

Now when I order some prefills, I get the liquid with them and have to top them off, usually about 5 drops. You can usually see the difference from how they were before.
    Not sure when it changed, perhaps with the introduction of blister packs.

Seems to be the nature of this business to start cutting things over time to be cheaper and make more money :/
  • amoreamore Posts: 2,194Member ✭✭
    I have to check all my carts before i use them fresh from the packaging. I found out they don't have enough liquid so yeah I have to top them off. Once in a blue moon I will get one that is perfect @-) This month I won't be getting carts with my order from V2. I have enough for now.

I only use 1 cart a day but then i keep the same one topping it off all day.
  • FaithCFaithC Posts: 9Member
    Does anyone know if there is a significance to the different ink color on the carts when ordered?  I always get the same thing - Vanilla, Full.  The ink has been blue, then purple a few times, and my newest order, it's white.  These new ones seem to be lasting a LOT longer than the other ones I've ordered the last few months.
  • NinjaCoderNinjaCoder Posts: 22Member
    Ex half pack smoker, new carts or 20 drops last a little more than a day but now that I can use it anywhere, I'm using it more than I would smoke. I'm also down to 6MG.
  • Rule62Rule62 Posts: 3,266V2 Veteran ✭✭✭
    I've mentioned it before, and I'll say it again. The claim that one carto equals a pack of cigarettes is one of my pet peeves; not only with V2, but the many other companies that make the claim, as well. It's misleading at best, and IMO, colser to out and out false. I wish every company that makes the claim would stop. It's counterproductive. It causes people, especially newcomers, to under order, and run short of cartos, which could cause them to return to smoking. Smoking is what we're all trying to stay away from.
  • CynsonyaCynsonya Posts: 5,761Member
    @Rule62....One of my juice vendors openly admits in their Q&A section that this is a false statement and all .9ml sized carts are the closer to the equiv of 1/2 pack of analogs. I love their honesty.
  • usernameusername Posts: 149Member ✭✭
    One 18mg cart lasts me most of a (but not quite an entire) day, depending on whether it's a work day or whether I'm chain-vapeing in front of a TV or computer. I use to smoke a pack of Winston Lights a day, so it equals out for me. That said, if I use a pass through USB batt they go much more quickly. Still a heck of a lot cheaper and less toxic than tobacco smoking IMHO.