18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Chain Vaping

Ck9Ck9 Posts: 653Member
edited February 2012 in New Members Start Here
Just got my starter kit two hours ago and keep reaching for my V2 every couple of minutes. I keep expecting to feel sick (12mg) but I don't. I was (am?) a once/hour smoker but now I feel non-stop. Is this just the notoriety? Anybody experience this but felt it wear off? I guess I also havnt smoked inside in 5 years and that is a big thrill. Any thoughts?

Comments

• MomMom Posts: 2,577V2 Veteran
    Chain vaping is pretty much standard at first.  I think it's because there's no ending, like there is with a cigarette.  After a while, you might be able to train yourself to put it down and back away, but that's a lot easier said than done.
  • laurellaurel Posts: 124Member
    I am brand new and haven't started vaping yet as my order is held up in Canada Customs.  But last night I was reading all the comments on this forum where many people talk about vaping non-stop.  I was starting to get freaked out wondering if I should even start vaping.  It can't be good to put that much nicotine into your body. Are people actually getting really addicted?  I have an addictive personality so this talk of non-stop vaping is really scaring me.
    Fear is the sand in the machinery of life.  It's 1000x better for you than a cigarette.  There's nothing all that harmful with nicotine.  And, when you get some variety to the juices you have, use no-nic or lower mg when you choose to chain-vape.  That's what I do.  Some of my yummier dessert vapes have no nicotine in them whatsoever.  Just flavor.  So, have fun with it.  Don't panic.  Find what works for you.
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭

laurel, you can always lower the strength of the carts you buy. That should solve the problem.

^ What Mom said

• cmuzzcmuzz Posts: 33Member

i quit smokeing 12 days ago and been useing v2.the past 9 days I have been going through 4-5 carts daily. Mostly of the 24 mg.though Now I dont chain all night long or dureing day.  Its hard not too for some of the flavors are remarkable, and just cant get enough. 

I do though have very addictive tendacies. I started smokeing Habanos 10 years ago and have accumulated 250 boxes right now. I have cut back on them but was smokeing a pack of newports and 4 cigars a day.

Started gambling years ago and that went on for 5 years and alot of cash.

Now onto golfing and just cant get enough. point is I tend too take everything I do too extremes. Already have orders of juice,carts etc, and spend alot of time everyday just looking for more.My wife said if this is as bad as you r now, vapeing all the time, then its not as bad as i use too be

• puppynursepuppynurse Posts: 1,514V2 Veteran
    Yes restraint is hard especially with all the cool toys out there and all the juice flavors to try but you have to limit yourself as much as possible.  I have tried and failed miserably but oh well I am not smoking right.  I am not bankrupt either I am still managing to pay my bills and pick up a new toy or two once a month and keep my juice stocked up so I am not doing too bad.  The non stop vaping for me is not an issue cause when I get in the mood to non stop vape I use either 6mg or 0mg so no bad side effects here. 
    Absolutely, @cmuzz.  A lot of us have made this into more of a hobby than anything.  A couple guys here build 'mods' - that is, they make their own e-cigs that don't look like your standard stick type.  Some of us make our own juice.  Some of us make pretty accessories.  Some just like to collect pretty batteries.  It's such a relief to be able to satisfy this formerly nasty habit with one that is fun, doesn't kill you, and doesn't smell up the house.
    I ordered 6mg. for my starter kit --which still hasn't got through Customs.  When it gets here, I will try to use it the way I use my cigarettes i.e. go outside for a vape.  Not smoking in the house has really cut down on the amount I smoke.  We just moved to a townhouse from a farm.  No official rules about smoking here, but if strata council gets any complaints about second hand smoke from a neighbour then big problems arise.  I want to be able to sit on the deck and vape with my coffee.  I don't dare do that now for fear of the cigarette smoke drifting into a neighbour's window. 
  • Ck9Ck9 Posts: 653Member
    Thanks for answering, all. @laurel I am sorry to hear your package is hung up at customs. That is annoying. There is a fine line between fun and addiction in some cases. But I would much rather be addicted to ecig than analogue. I just gotta watch how much I spend.
  • anthony_john1anthony_john1 Posts: 694Member
    @laurel, I follow the same rules I had for myself when I smoked ... Never in the car, the house or in front of anyone I know. I step outside and try to time it to about 5 or 10 min, then I'm back to work or whatever. Nicotine is addictive, but just play safe. Zero Nic juice is always an option and even if you increase your Nic intake a bit, it's still so much better then smoke
    @Ck9, I agree with you.  From all my reading, I think I'm going to be happy with e cigs.  I'm sick of the stink of anolgues.  If Customs doesn't clear my kit, I'm signing up with one of those companies in Blaine that will accept packages and drive down and pick up my package.  @anthony_john1 your message sounds like the way to go. Thanks everyone.  Have to mention that I have been on an on line shopping spree and ordered reflective ball caps from Maine and glass buttons from England--both orders after I ordered my V2 kit.  The hats and buttons are here, and alas no movement at Customs on my starter kit. So it doesn't bode well for them getting through.
  • NwVprNwVpr Posts: 79Member
    Laurel, I have been vaping for 2 weeks now.  12mg is all that I use.  I LOVE vaping but I do control my vaping as I did my smoking.  I will start out the day about every half hour or so for a couple hours, but the rest of the day I vape about every hour.  Though I haven't smoked in the car or house for MANY years I am vaping in both ;)  As for the smell LOL... I put it to the test the other day.  I have a friend who is a huge anti-smoking nazi and he needed a ride to work the other day.  I vaped in the car on the way over to his house.  He is not someone who would keep silent if he smelled ANYTHING out of the ordinary.  He didn't have a clue... no smell at all.  It is just water vapor and it dissipates quickly.  I do have to admit I find myself sometimes wanting to mindlessly vape continuously and might end up getting some zero nicotine carts for that.  Hope your supplies arrive soon and welcome! 
  • hoosierhoosier Posts: 3,358V2 Veteran
    I kind of do the same thing.  I start in the morning, about every half hour, for about 25 minutes of vaping each half hour.  Then I really cut down in the afternoon, to about every hour, and only for about 50 minutes each hour.  I'm making headway.
    I had to start dripping into an atomizer to get myself to stop chain vaping all the time.  Whatever works for you. :)