18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Why are my batteries dying so fast?!

AylaStar13AylaStar13 Posts: 90Member
edited February 2012 in New Members Start Here
I have 4 standard batteries.
They used to last me about 4 hours each with consistent vapor.
Now Im realizing that about an hour after taking them off the charger, they are extremely weak and I get no heat and hardly any vapor.
I know its not the cart because I can throw it on another freshly charged battery and its fine.

Why are my batteries dying so fast?!

Comments

• JTHOLDMJTHOLDM Posts: 8,899Member

Take some alcohol and clean the threads thouroughly also are u letting the atty run all the way down before you recharge it? you dont want to over charge

• AylaStar13AylaStar13 Posts: 90Member
    I just cleaned them yesterday thinking that was the problem but its still happening today. And I vape until they are totally dead and the LED is blinking...
  • RoadRunnerRoadRunner Posts: 688Member
    @Aylastar13 How old are they? Might be worth a call or online chat with CS.
    what are you vaping is it juice or prefills
    Prefills and then I refill them
    I always make sure theres no left over juice on the battery connector part.

• DixieDixie Posts: 6,230V2 Veteran
    Have you tried to reset them?
    Ive tried but I dont think Im doing it right. Hold down the button and blow?
  • wolfienukewolfienuke Posts: 107Member
    @Aylastar13 RoadRunner has a point, how old are the batteries? Batteries do need to be replaced so often and eventually their capacity will lower and battery voltage will drop quickly to the point when the battery will flash 10 times to indicate a recharge is required.
    They are only about two months old
    The batteries should last 300 charge cycles....I use autos and you have to blow into the battery end 5 or 6 times *hard* till the led flashes.  Then put it on the charger to full charge which can take up to 4 hours.  You need to leave a dead battery on the charger for 4 hours regardless of what the light on the charger says.
    Yeah I usually charge them overnight. So they get about 6 hours.

One thing I have done is to raise the center post of the cart on the cap end with a needle that has helped

gm dixie
    If you can not rest them then I would suggest calling or chatting CS ...they can walk you through some troubleshooting and get replacements out if needed.  A standard battery should be lasting longer than 2 hours I would think.
  • wolfienukewolfienuke Posts: 107Member
    edited February 2012
    It may sound like blasphemy, but I buy replacement 808D-1 batteries from a different vendor and buy my juice from V2. They are very cheap (under $10) and the only downfall so far has been the 5-second cutoff. Other than that, they have been more than acceptable for the price and they even sent me an extra (by mistake) which brought the price to $5 each. Not to shabby. $25 is a hard price for the shorties which are my preferred battery.
    LOL. Ive tried lifting the center post too.
    Im gonna try and reset and fully charge and see what happens.
    If not, Ill call CS on Monday.

Thank you guys for your help!