18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Blinking blue light, battery fully charged

sbresbre Posts: 104Member ✭✭
edited February 2012 in New Members Start Here
What is going on when my battery starts blinking, but when I plug it up to charge it indicates that it is already fully charged?  i noticed this on a couple of carts, but when I changed them the light did not blink anymore.  The carts were new.  Do I have a bad connect or what?

Comments

• anthony_john1anthony_john1 Posts: 694Member
    I'd start with a battery reset. There is a tread here on how to do that.
  • DixieDixie Posts: 6,230V2 Veteran
    Battery Reset then put on charger for a few hours.  If that doesn't work call CS...exactly what my standard auto is doing...and its being replaced
  • anthony_john1anthony_john1 Posts: 694Member
    I wouldn't expect a bad batt/cart connection to cause the battery to blink
  • sbresbre Posts: 104Member ✭✭
    How do you reset battery?  And how often should you clean them?  I have only been vaping for 3 weeks. Thanks

• RoadRunnerRoadRunner Posts: 688Member
    I tend to clean them probably a couple times a week but then I refill and reuse my cartridges. If you haven't cleaned it I would do so and then reset the battery if it's an auto battery. To reset, blow into the threaded end of the battery 5 or 6 times, then give a full charge of 4 hrs (regardless if light is red or green) and try again. If nothing call CS or request an online chat with CS monday from the main website. I had one bad out of the box and it took two replacements for me but they will take care of it.
    Thanks @ RoodRunner, and yes they are both auto.  They both did this, and they are fairly new, not a month yet.  I just did one, will use my e-cig while I wait LOL

• silversplodesilversplode Posts: 127Member
    Sounds like the connection on the charger might be bad. Try pulling the center post of the charger out a little bit.
    Is that the same as putting the end of paperclip in cartridge to pull out a little?  I had to do that for a cart that was not hitting.
  • VaperManVaperMan Posts: 238Member

Not sure if this will fix it, but I had a battery that wouldn't charge. The metal contacts on the battery and charger had a film of stuff on them; they looked clean but weren't. Used a q-tip w/ rubbing alcohol on it to clean the contact points on the battery and charger and it worked fine after that. 

Thanks VaperMan, I will try this.
  • VaperManVaperMan Posts: 238Member
    Hope it works for you; let us know what happens...
  • MurphMurph Posts: 728Member
    @sbre....What @VaporMan said....yes I had to do the same a couple times already it worked for me, unplug charger from usb first before cleaning with alcohol. Let it dry before connecting. :)