18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Bloating, Stomach Problems

EnmosAgasiEnmosAgasi Posts: 8Member
edited February 2012 in New Members Start Here
I've noticed since I started using my ECig that Ive been having large amount of bloating and Heartburn to the point where it effects my ability to breathe.  I am starting to wonder if the things ive read about swallowing vapor is causing this and I am curious as to how effective smoking my E cig like a Cigar is? Also I'm curious if anyone else has had these problems and what sort of solutions they found.  My doctor put me on PPI's (Prilosec, which isn't working) and I've tried everything from Tums to Apple Cider Vinegar without an success.  Any help would be much appreciated.

• IrisheyzsIrisheyzs Posts: 243Member
    I used the Apple Cider Vinegar for awhile before I started vaping and just went back to it yesterday because of reflux and that lump in your throat feeling.  The vinegar worked before so I'm hoping it will again.  I noticed that it is worse depending on the brand of juice I use.
  • henryhenry Posts: 2Member
    Sounds like the ecig just isn't for you
  • DixieDixie Posts: 6,230V2 Veteran
    It is actually very common. You may want to reduce your nicotine level.
  • DixieDixie Posts: 6,230V2 Veteran
    Here is a link to the V2 blog that covers quite a few symptoms
    Hope this helps
  • EnmosAgasiEnmosAgasi Posts: 8Member
    I currently get a pretty strong fluid (36mg) since I used to be a heavy smoker.  What is the best way to reduce the nicotine level in the fluid? I use VG so I've already watered it down a bit because it was too thick, I'm guessing maybe more water?
  • GooseGoose Posts: 1,765Member ✭✭
    heartburn?  Try one teaspoon of yellow mustard.  Sounds terrible but it works.
  • JmanJman Posts: 3,050Member
    36 mg? I was debating earlier today about going to 24 mg which makes me nervous. 36 would lead me to believe something is going on in my heart.
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,598Member ✭✭✭
    @EnmosAgasi use PG (propylene glycol) to thin the juice. DO NOT use water.
    edited February 2012

• Did you try Prozac?
  • letdyletdy Posts: 124Member

What would an antidepressant do for bloating and heartburn?
    Perhaps you mean prilosec?
  • ViperViper Posts: 207Member
    Take three Zaxxon and see if that helps.

I concur, Zaxxon does wonders. 
  • MomMom Posts: 2,577V2 Veteran
    I use a little distilled water in my mixes if they're too thick.  Nothing wrong with it.  Just a little goes a long way.
  • superflyginsuperflygin Posts: 350Member

Yes what is that exactly?  I've never heard of it!

• MomMom Posts: 2,577V2 Veteran
    Um...wasn't that an old video game? LOL
  • RicardoRodriguesRicardoRodrigues Posts: 27Member
    edited February 2012
    Nicotine causes over stimulation os the stomach and therefore leads to an overproduction of stomach acid. Associated with the fact that it also weakens the sphinchter of the esophagus, stomach acid will rise up when it has no where else to go. If you add that to the fact that it decreases pancreatic making of sodium bicarbonate (witch neutralizes stomach acid) you have yourself a heartburn cocktail in your mouth.
     When you inhale you sent additional air to the stomach, more then when eating, and because ecig's tend to be sweet, this happens even more, because everyone likes to taste the flavor, directing more saliva saturated with nicotine , and extra air then a analogs to the digestive tract causing bloating. 

• RicardoRodriguesRicardoRodrigues Posts: 27Member
    edited February 2012
    My advise is,  dont't freaking vape so much! It´s normal to vape like crazy in the beginning ... cuz it takes longer drags and more frequent usage of a e-cig to be really satisfying... over time everyone should lower they're nicotine strength cuz this has some serious long term effects. Drinking water and eating frequently (in small amounts)  helps to use that extra stomach acid, and reduces irritation in the stomach walls. Keep some low caloric crackers with you though out the day (I use toasted rise crackers) and a bottle of water... and I mean WATER. Sodas will only mess up  your stomach even more. Nicotine is still a very powerful poison... and it takes i's told in the long run
  • DennisRichardsDennisRichards Posts: 2,361V2 Veteran ✭✭
    Good points Rick, never thought about what the nicotine was doing to affect stomach acid, learned something new today... Yay \:D/ now I gotta go buy me some crackers.
    I think Ricardo pretty much summed it up, The amount of Nicotine I am using is the problem I think.  I diluted my solution with some distilled water and it seems to be helping, I also stopped inhaling and just roll it around in my mouth instead which seems to help minimize the amount that makes it into my stomach.  All in all I think its time to start ordering lower dosages and just get myself off of Nicotine once and for all.
  • happy_vapeyhappy_vapey Posts: 918Member
    @RicardoRodrigues  what are these long term side effects you speak of?
  • DragonDragon Posts: 596Member ✭✭
    Are you vaping a menthol or mint flavor they can cause heartburn and reflux if over vaped especially at night. If so swap for a mild tobacco flavor or something a night.
  • happy_vapeyhappy_vapey Posts: 918Member
    when i first started vaping i had very bad bloating and gas.  I would burp, be uncomfortable and would end up farting like crazy (sorry people)

It started tapering down, after 3 weeks everything was back to normal.  

@dragon- i always thought mint helped these things (why an after dinner mint is a popular choice).  ????
  • Dale123Dale123 Posts: 113Member ✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Enmos, I was a pack a day smoker and 18mg felt a little strong at first(Probably because you smoke the ecig more than an analog usually).  At 36mg, I would guess that is your problem.  

Try dropping it down in the 20's at least and see if that helps.

Also, make sure you are drinking enough water, even at 18mg I get some of a heartburn feeling if I havn't been drinking.  And obviously, don't swallow the vapor. 

The only other thing I can think, is too get a less irritating flavor, if you are using something like mint or menthol.

Edit: and I just saw your previous post.  I agree its probably the strength more than anything.
  • DragonDragon Posts: 596Member ✭✭
    A after dinner mint is a popular choice because, dinner is or was the traditional first date and the first kiss at the door at the end of the night was the logic behind the mint. 
  • JanieJanie Posts: 194Member
    Not only that, @GBgirl, the Southern Baptist Convention is warning that they are full of demons and could even lead to dancing. Get real and don't necro old threads, please.
  • rbaker1009rbaker1009 Posts: 981Member
    Haha! Another gem @Janie
  • daytripperdaytripper Posts: 388Member
    @GBgirl, I would highly encourage you to do some more research with current findings on the e-cigs. Two years ago I had the same attitude about these issues and after doing some serious research, I ordered my first kit from V2 and have been smoke free for 5 months! 

There are no harmful chemicals in e-liquid and the propylene glycol is indeed found in RV non toxic antifreeze, which is used to protect water lines in campers during winter storage. It's also been used since the mid 1940's in medical breathing treatments, food products and cosmetics. As it's purpose is to gather or absorb water, which creates the vapor and it is highly recommended that you increase your water intake and stay hydrated. The only one issue I've had was I slight change in bowel movement,  which I found was mainly due to a change in my diet in which I had reduced my fiber intake. That was a simple fix and along with drinking a proper amount of water, the issue was quickly resolved.

I was a pack/day smoker for more than 50 years, tried every smoking cessation known to man and stopped on day one with e-cigs! There are tens of thousands of ex-smokers making the same claims worldwide!  If you're you're concerned about hazardous chemicals, I'd encourage you to research the 4000+ chemicals found in analog cigarettes, many of which are cancer related toxins!  Best wishes to you!
  • cancuncancun Posts: 83Member
    I totally agree with @daytripper‌!!! All the research I have done points me in the direction that e cigs are way less harmful then analogs....no tar...carbon monoxide....or the other thousands of chemicals that the cig companies don't tell us about!! As far as the question at hand...I haven't had any issues. ...been vaping for 5 months now...but drinking plenty of water is a must...
    BTW @GBgirl, Digestive issues are one of the side effects you'll experience from just simply quitting the nasties, even going cold turkey. Your body will go through all sorts of changes while it's in the healing process and clearing itself of all the toxins you've feed it for so long. You'll also experience withdrawals from numerous chemicals which were added to cigarettes to keep you addicted. Ammonia is used in the curing process and it makes your system absorb the nicotine at a faster rate........just for one example!  Misinformation is just what the Big Tobacco companies want to keep you in their pocket. Get educated and get healthy!
  • murph99murph99 Posts: 230Member
    Check this out:

Forty-five percent of propylene glycol produced is used as chemical feedstock for the production of unsaturated polyester resins. In this regard, propylene glycol reacts with a mixture of unsaturated maleic anhydride and isophthalic acid to give a copolymer. This partially unsaturated polymer undergoes further crosslinking to yield thermoset plastics. Related to this application, propylene glycol reacts with propylene oxide to give oligomers and polymers that are used to produce polyurethanes.[4]

Propylene glycol is used as an humectant (E1520), solvent, and preservative in food and for tobacco products, as well as being one of the major ingredients of the "e-liquid" used in electronic cigarettes along with vegetable glycerinVaporizers used for delivery of pharmaceuticals or personal care products often include propylene glycol among the ingredients they are filled with.[4] Propylene glycol is used as a solvent in many pharmaceuticals, including oralinjectable and topical formulations, such as fordiazepam and lorazepam which are insoluble in water.[7]

Get more info at:

• murph99murph99 Posts: 230Member
    Excellent find @murhpp! There's a ton of good info on the internet and folks really need to research to be able to counter the many misconceptions of vaping. Here's one from Canada that has some real interesting facts on PG......Hopefully @GBgirl comes back with a message saying she's gonna give it another go!

• samanthasamantha Posts: 2,633Administrator, Moderator admin
    Yea PG is in sooooo many products. Daytripper and murph have done an excellent job providing factual info & details on what PG is and the various products that it is found in that all of us use regularly. To be safe, we ALWAYS advise V2 customers to talk with their licensed physician before and while using e-cigs. Some people are allergic. I have never heard of any stomach issues before but always consult with a doctor. 
  • new2v2new2v2 Posts: 106Member

I'm new to vaping and have lots of allergies. I was advised by my doctor, who while she'd prefer to see me off of nicotine entirely, is glad to see me off the tar and other poison in analogs, to stay away from the more artificial flavors to avoid possible allergic reacitions.

I'm a "mint freak" and vape a 50/50 mixture of menthol and peppermint. So far I'm mixing V2 juices to get that blend and am quite happy with the results. I did order a premixed blend with 50% VG to from another vendor due to a shortage of the menthol from VG. I have no interest in the "dessert" flavors or "tobacco" flavors.

I had already quit analogs using nicotine lozenges and had been smoke-free for about 2 months when I started vaping. Other than waiting on an exchange for a defective V2Pro Series 3 battery, I am happy with V2. I just wish there weren't the delays in shipping juices.

I haven;t found that I vape more than I smoked (2 packs a day for 36 years). I quite the lozenges because they were irritating my mouth and costing me a fortune.

I'm glad to have found this forum and look forward to learning from experienced vapers as time goes on.

• JanieJanie Posts: 194Member
    Hi @new2v2 ! Welcome to the forum! :)
  • samanthasamantha Posts: 2,633Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hi @new2v2 and welcome! We are glad to have you here in the official V2 forum. :) We did get a bunch of our eliquid in late last week and are shipping them out accordingly. I do apologize for the wait but we are working to get all orders fulfilled. If you have any other questions/concerns, feel free to PM me any time.
  • CrazyOnUCrazyOnU Posts: 1Member
    New here also. So, do you think that vg is less dehydrating than pg? I tried vaping last year and was so happy. I vaped for 3 days, no cigs. Then started getting terrible stomach cramps, bloating, gas and constipation. Asked my dr and was told to drink more water. I did, but it didn't help . Fyi- I have a very sensitive stomach . I have spastic colon and colitis . Gave it a few more goes every couple months with different juices, but same results. Maybe I should try juice with high vg.