18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Bloating, Stomach Problems

EnmosAgasiEnmosAgasi Posts: 8Member
edited February 2012 in New Members Start Here
I've noticed since I started using my ECig that Ive been having large amount of bloating and Heartburn to the point where it effects my ability to breathe.  I am starting to wonder if the things ive read about swallowing vapor is causing this and I am curious as to how effective smoking my E cig like a Cigar is? Also I'm curious if anyone else has had these problems and what sort of solutions they found.  My doctor put me on PPI's (Prilosec, which isn't working) and I've tried everything from Tums to Apple Cider Vinegar without an success.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• IrisheyzsIrisheyzs Posts: 243Member
    I used the Apple Cider Vinegar for awhile before I started vaping and just went back to it yesterday because of reflux and that lump in your throat feeling.  The vinegar worked before so I'm hoping it will again.  I noticed that it is worse depending on the brand of juice I use.
  • henryhenry Posts: 2Member
    Sounds like the ecig just isn't for you
  • DixieDixie Posts: 6,230V2 Veteran
    It is actually very common. You may want to reduce your nicotine level.
  • DixieDixie Posts: 6,230V2 Veteran
    Here is a link to the V2 blog that covers quite a few symptoms
    http://blog.v2cigs.com/2012/01/symptoms-you-may-experience-when-you-start-using-electronic-cigarettes/
    Hope this helps
  • EnmosAgasiEnmosAgasi Posts: 8Member
    I currently get a pretty strong fluid (36mg) since I used to be a heavy smoker.  What is the best way to reduce the nicotine level in the fluid? I use VG so I've already watered it down a bit because it was too thick, I'm guessing maybe more water?
  • GooseGoose Posts: 1,765Member
    heartburn?  Try one teaspoon of yellow mustard.  Sounds terrible but it works.
  • JmanJman Posts: 3,050Member
    36 mg? I was debating earlier today about going to 24 mg which makes me nervous. 36 would lead me to believe something is going on in my heart.
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,365Member ✭✭✭
    @EnmosAgasi use PG (propylene glycol) to thin the juice. DO NOT use water.
    edited February 2012

• Did you try Prozac?
  • letdyletdy Posts: 124Member
    Prozac? 

What would an antidepressant do for bloating and heartburn?
    Perhaps you mean prilosec?
  • ViperViper Posts: 207Member
    Take three Zaxxon and see if that helps.

I concur, Zaxxon does wonders. 
  • MomMom Posts: 2,577V2 Veteran
    I use a little distilled water in my mixes if they're too thick.  Nothing wrong with it.  Just a little goes a long way.
    Zaxxon?
  • superflyginsuperflygin Posts: 350Member

:-S

Yes what is that exactly?  I've never heard of it!

• MomMom Posts: 2,577V2 Veteran
    Um...wasn't that an old video game? LOL
  • RicardoRodriguesRicardoRodrigues Posts: 27Member
    edited February 2012
    Nicotine causes over stimulation os the stomach and therefore leads to an overproduction of stomach acid. Associated with the fact that it also weakens the sphinchter of the esophagus, stomach acid will rise up when it has no where else to go. If you add that to the fact that it decreases pancreatic making of sodium bicarbonate (witch neutralizes stomach acid) you have yourself a heartburn cocktail in your mouth.
     When you inhale you sent additional air to the stomach, more then when eating, and because ecig's tend to be sweet, this happens even more, because everyone likes to taste the flavor, directing more saliva saturated with nicotine , and extra air then a analogs to the digestive tract causing bloating. 

• RicardoRodriguesRicardoRodrigues Posts: 27Member
    edited February 2012
    My advise is,  dont't freaking vape so much! It´s normal to vape like crazy in the beginning ... cuz it takes longer drags and more frequent usage of a e-cig to be really satisfying... over time everyone should lower they're nicotine strength cuz this has some serious long term effects. Drinking water and eating frequently (in small amounts)  helps to use that extra stomach acid, and reduces irritation in the stomach walls. Keep some low caloric crackers with you though out the day (I use toasted rise crackers) and a bottle of water... and I mean WATER. Sodas will only mess up  your stomach even more. Nicotine is still a very powerful poison... and it takes i's told in the long run
  • DennisRichardsDennisRichards Posts: 2,361V2 Veteran ✭✭
    Good points Rick, never thought about what the nicotine was doing to affect stomach acid, learned something new today... Yay \:D/ now I gotta go buy me some crackers.
    I think Ricardo pretty much summed it up, The amount of Nicotine I am using is the problem I think.  I diluted my solution with some distilled water and it seems to be helping, I also stopped inhaling and just roll it around in my mouth instead which seems to help minimize the amount that makes it into my stomach.  All in all I think its time to start ordering lower dosages and just get myself off of Nicotine once and for all.
  • happy_vapeyhappy_vapey Posts: 918Member
    @RicardoRodrigues  what are these long term side effects you speak of?
  • DragonDragon Posts: 596Member ✭✭
    Are you vaping a menthol or mint flavor they can cause heartburn and reflux if over vaped especially at night. If so swap for a mild tobacco flavor or something a night.
  • happy_vapeyhappy_vapey Posts: 918Member
    when i first started vaping i had very bad bloating and gas.  I would burp, be uncomfortable and would end up farting like crazy (sorry people)

It started tapering down, after 3 weeks everything was back to normal.  

@dragon- i always thought mint helped these things (why an after dinner mint is a popular choice).  ????
  • Dale123Dale123 Posts: 113Member ✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Enmos, I was a pack a day smoker and 18mg felt a little strong at first(Probably because you smoke the ecig more than an analog usually).  At 36mg, I would guess that is your problem.  

Try dropping it down in the 20's at least and see if that helps.

Also, make sure you are drinking enough water, even at 18mg I get some of a heartburn feeling if I havn't been drinking.  And obviously, don't swallow the vapor. 

The only other thing I can think, is too get a less irritating flavor, if you are using something like mint or menthol.

Edit: and I just saw your previous post.  I agree its probably the strength more than anything.
  • DragonDragon Posts: 596Member ✭✭
    A after dinner mint is a popular choice because, dinner is or was the traditional first date and the first kiss at the door at the end of the night was the logic behind the mint.