18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Does eliquid go bad?

joshpajoshpa Posts: 130Member
edited February 2012 in New Members Start Here
So I wanna make one large purchase rather than smaller more frequent ones. How long can it sit at my house in the bottles. I was gonna buy a few large ml I know I like and a bunch of smaller ml bottles of other flavors to try. Is this a bad idea? What's the best way to store my juice? I'm new to vaping in general and it is just easier for me to make bigger purchases as long as its not going to affect the quality of
My liquid. I'm thinking a total of 300 to 500 ml of different flavors.
Tagged:

Comments

• MomMom Posts: 2,577V2 Veteran
    For long-term storage of flavored liquids the issue is keeping bacteria and mold growth down.  Keep it from air and heat.  So, if you have a vacuum sealer, keeping it in a coolish area would be fine.  Refigeration is also an option for long-term storage.  Normally, I wouldn't bother with either, but for months on end, these might be a good idea.  
  • EarthpigEarthpig Posts: 4,754V2 Veteran
    It can go bad in about 6 months if opened and much much longer if unopened and stored properly.
  • PaksenarionPaksenarion Posts: 1,261Member
    About 2 years so long as it hasn't been opened
    I've read differerent things from different juice manufacturers, actually.  For unflavored, I've heard 2 years without a hitch, if unopened.  For flavored, at least any that may have sugars in them, I'd be a bit more careful.  With 300ml, if you vape 30ml each week, then storage isn't something you need to worry about, though. 
  • joshpajoshpa Posts: 130Member
    Thanks, yeah I guess that's really only about 3 to 4 months supply at a time. So as long as I'm using what I buy by the 3 month mark I should be cool? Thata about what I'm aiming for. Ordering 3 months at a time. Thanks for the help and if you got any thing to add I love to hear it. I'm sure what I'm thinking about ordering has a lot of sugar, probably. Its gonna be. Some 50 ml tobacco flavors and 30 on the more fruity stuff. Like you said mom, I guess its not really all that much as we will be vaping right around 30 ml a week, or have been so far.
    I wouldn't be concerned with a three month supply at all. :)
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭

The Zombie Apocalypse could easily last 3 months or longer. I better order more juice!

8-X 8-X :-SS 8-X 8-X
  • DennisRichardsDennisRichards Posts: 2,361V2 Veteran ✭✭
    Don't forget to order cartos and tanks also @daddycat, I'm prepared for the zombie apocalypse......just waiting for that day, hell, we already have blood suckers on capital hill... Zombies can't be far behind.
  • nyllatxnyllatx Posts: 295Member

I will absolutely come after all of you if I turn into a zombie... your brains will taste better because you're vapers.

Good hijack! :))
  • DennisRichardsDennisRichards Posts: 2,361V2 Veteran ✭✭
    It's what we do best :)" alt=">:)" height="20" />