18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Proposed Act would ban the purchase of e-cigs via internet, phone or mail order! ACT NOW!

marni_V2cigsmarni_V2cigs Posts: 1,153Member
AN ACT RELATING TO CIGARETTE MANUFACTURERS (Vermont)

This bill would:
Ban the purchase, sales and delivery of e-cigarettes via the internet, phone and mail order, with penalties for each violation of up to 5 years imprisonment, a $5,000 criminal fine and a $5,000 civil fine.

Make your voice heard!

and another article:

Comments

• PaksenarionPaksenarion Posts: 1,261Member
    Scuse my language but thats BULL$HIT. Wish i was able to help but my citizenship is Canada not US
  • letzgostateletzgostate Posts: 345Member
    I will never understand it. Nicotine is not an illegal substance, nor is anything within an e-cig. Its always people who have no first hand experience that love to ruin things for others. Even if anything in an ecig was dangerous to me, is it not my choice to use the damn thing! I'm writing in. Paksenarion, you could always just email them and let them know how it has helped you and would affect you as you purchase from an American store. Doesn't hurt.
    Tru nuff
  • DennisRichardsDennisRichards Posts: 2,361V2 Veteran ✭✭
    I'm mentally unstable and the V.A. Ignores me, if this happens it will be the straw that breaks the camals back. I think I will chance imprisonment cause I can't stand what this country has become. What happened to land of the free? Free to do what exactly?
  • DixieDixie Posts: 6,230V2 Veteran
    Looks like this bill is in Vermont. If it is state and not federal... Will me emailing do any good? I don't live in Vermont
    Free to follow the laws they say you have to
  • letzgostateletzgostate Posts: 345Member
    edited February 2012
    I really don't care whether its state or federal. We should attack any state or federal legislation. Even if it doesn't apply to us personally. Pressure from those it doesn't even effect would show a broad disagreement.
  • hoosierhoosier Posts: 3,358V2 Veteran
    I think it is a state bill, but even if it's Vermont, we should still sign any petitions or lend our support however we can.  If it gets passed there it'll cascade to other states, maybe the one we live in.  We did same for Hawaii, and Vermont's closer to me. :D
  • EarthpigEarthpig Posts: 4,754V2 Veteran
    Marni
    Thanks for the update.

It says the law would turn thousands of citizens into criminals.......isn't that what they want? Prison labor is cheap and they need those stables filled up for more tax $, but who's gonna pay the taxes when all the citizens are in prison?
  • GooseGoose Posts: 1,765Member
    That's Big Tobacco working.
    I figure the government already spent the projected tax dollars they expected from sales tax...... And now everyone's making the switch to e cigs...... They need our tax dollars..... The $ already spent.... Just a guess tho..... Hey Tom.
  • wolfienukewolfienuke Posts: 107Member
    I don't mind... I'll just import them across state lines and make a killing in the ecig black market... I think I'll start ejuice at $500 for a 1/4 ounce...
    Hey it worked for al Capone. :D
  • wolfienukewolfienuke Posts: 107Member
    Wait... I just found a loop-hole. Ecig sales via telegram...
  • MomMom Posts: 2,577V2 Veteran
    :))
  • Rule62Rule62 Posts: 3,237V2 Veteran
    Vermont is a small state. I'd get a P.O. Box in N.Y., Mass., or N.H.
    I'd move
    I wouldn't have the funds to move, I'd be stuck and very upset that I would be forced to smoke, I no longer would help old lady's on the subway, or help a young mother with her stroller going down the steps..... I'd generally would be a nasty person.... Why would the government support this? I don't care what they say as long as cigs are available I will not respect their laws. And if I'm forced to, I'ma be a very unhappy person.

You may need anger management Dennis.  

=))
    I'm infantry..... I don't think anger management can help me.... That's why I try to stay upbeat..... If they take my V2 away.... I'm worried the "nice" me will go on vacation.

Are you in VT, @DennisRichards?  If so, get on the phone to all your reps as soon as you can and have a nice conversation with them.  Don't tell them you know how to shoot straight, what ever you do, man! 

No, south jersey.... Where u can't do it in places where smoking isn't allowed.... I still do it anyway, never got a fine.
    What is it with the right and left coasts?  Move in the middle - well, some in the middle have coast envy I think.  I'm movin' to Texas darn it!
  • EarthpigEarthpig Posts: 4,754V2 Veteran
    Mexico  is sounding more free.

I was thinking about Canada. But I refuse to leave this country...I don't wanna give up hope for this country,
    +1
    Why Canada?  The country where liquid nicotine is illegal?!  gads.
    nope its only illegal to import it, we can buy it here still
    Ooohhh.  I misunderstood.  so it has to be made in canada to get it?  You guys grow tobacco up there?  Or can juice mfgs import?
    I like their idea of a health care system, and I heard they leave their doors unlocked..... That'd be a nice change of pace from Camden.

I've heard some of what they do for retirement funds - like a retirement savings account that is tax free up to a certain amount per year, and no penalty for using it early if needed.

I thought that was a cool idea.
    From what I understand though with the health care, is that if you're old and need dialysis, you go to the US because you'll not get it there.  That's a down-side if still true.
    They've got some great ideas.... I'm surprised being so close to America we haven't forced our ideas on them...... I'm glad they are untouched by our lawmakers.
    Not sure what all the Juice sellers have to do to get liquid nicotine
    RRSP's are tax free until you have to use them
    Health care benefits are charged based on what you make

Problem is that Big Brother (USA) makes a law and our "leaders" follow along like good little puppies

How many provinces are in Canada?
    Crap, I was hoping they didn't follow along, ok forget Canada for me.
    @DennisRichards great thing about Canada is it takes 10 years for us to hear the news
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,397Member ✭✭✭
    But you exported Red Green.
    Lol, so right now it's 2002 for u guys.... Watch out thats when they started taking our freedoms..... To protect us.
    @hoosier 10 provinces and 3 territories
    Yup we originated the Duct tape wielding rednecks
    thank god Y2K missed us or i wouldn't be using this computer
    Thanks Paks, was just looking it up on Google.  Soooo, if there were a zombie apocalypse in the near future, which province would make for the best retreat?  There has to be a Starbucks there, that's my only condition.
    Dunkin 4 me
    edited February 2012
    Yes, or Dunkin would suffice.
  • DixieDixie Posts: 6,230V2 Veteran
    Omg you are so high maintaince!!
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,397Member ✭✭✭
    Nunavut
    I don't speak Eskimo.  Or French.