18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Weight loss and vaping

possumpossum Posts: 536Member
edited February 2012 in Member Stories

Just weighed (even after the gallon of water I have ingested today), and I have dropped 6.5 pounds since I started vaping! Not only can I breathe better, but my jeans fit too! Thank you V2!

Comments

• AndyM63AndyM63 Posts: 160Member
    Now that my lung capacity is expanding, I've also started exercising.  Bought a treadmill and use it every day after work for 1/2 hour to get my heart rate up and breathing heavy (just like when I was young!)  I've also reduced my carb intake to about half or a third of what it was before. 

I never would have dreamed that switching from analogs to V2 would have made these other changes so easy.  Catch me a year from now - my goal is to drop about 50 pounds in an easy way!
  • EarthpigEarthpig Posts: 4,754V2 Veteran
    Weight loss is not achieved from vaping over smoking. Both have nicotine which is a stimulant.
    What you do with your body under either condition is key, but under a smoking scenario, exercise for some might be harder.
  • possumpossum Posts: 536Member
    I find that I am more active. I can run up the stairs at work instead of taking the elevator, and I don't feel like my lungs are going to explode anymore. I'm sure all the water I drink now helps a lot, and I don't snack as much-I think I like to vape more.
    Correct.
    I lost 45 lbs but not by quitting smoking to vaping. I do both still. 
    Starting to be active aids breathing and also correct that smoking is a determent to breathing, but so is inactivity. There is no magic bullet but smoking definitely slows breathing ability.
    I can bring dietary practices into this mix, but that is a differing issue.

• VaperManVaperMan Posts: 238Member
    Well I can see how vaping could support weight loss. Tonight I was enjoying a vanilla vape so much that I actually wanted to pass on the ice cream I had thought I wanted to have during a netflix movie.  
  • PaksenarionPaksenarion Posts: 1,261Member
    Gotta find a good one to mimic buttered popcorn
  • DixieDixie Posts: 6,230V2 Veteran
    edited February 2012
    I have been pondering the opposite. My weight loss has stalled. The only thing that has changed is I switched to e cigs. Not willing to go back to cigarettes to test that theory but some of the reading I have done leans towards the possibility of the pg/vg causing a stall on the type of diet I have been on. Not really sure though
  • JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,230Member ✭✭✭
    Gained. But don't blame it on anything but me.
  • MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 90Member

I wondered about this issue myself.  I had quit smoking for 10 years and gained 50 lbs over the course of that time.  I started smoking again just to see if I could lose that weight.  It took me 2 years, but I lost 55 lbs while smoking again.  Because I don't know if it is the other chemicals in logs that contributed to my loss, the nicotine or just the hand to mouth satisfaction, I was worried I was going to gain weight again, while only vaping.

I have been log free for 3 weeks and happy to not have experienced any weight gain.  I think my sweet tooth is satified by the sweet vapes (especially after dinner).

I am so thankful to all here who have helped me along this wonderful journey to be smokefree!

Nicotine is in e-cigs, as well as real cigs.
    It is a stimulant.
    If you get the balance the same as your cigs, the stimulant does the same thing.
    If you strart cutting mg's, guess what.... 
    Fat Jackie?
  • MomMom Posts: 2,577V2 Veteran
    I just got a picture of Jackie Gleason when you said that.  You have no problem there, @JackieO.
    Well thank you, but.......... some maintenance is required. Not to maintain to reduce.
  • klmtxklmtx Posts: 785Member
    @dixie, I stalled, but it was before I switched to vaping. I think there is a point where you just stop on LC. I'm switching up the diet a bit now and trying to exercise more...we'll see how it goes!
    @klmtx...I went off LC when I had some dental work done...got back on and its not happening.  Hubby mentioned the only thing I am doing different is the vaping...So I looked into PG and VG but both say they have no effect on blood sugar.  Hummmmm.....Yeah I am trying to add some exercise in as well to get something moving.  Glad its not just me....  >:D<
  • klmtxklmtx Posts: 785Member
    It was so EASY to start, Dropped 35 lbs like it was nothin'...I shoulda known that at some point I'd have to get off my *ss!!!! Boo!   :((
    I'm 65lbs ...now nothing...I hate my scale as much as it hates me :((
  • MomMom Posts: 2,577V2 Veteran
    65lb @Dixie?  You must have lost it before you took your avatar picture, because you sure don't look like you could lose that much and not be on your deathbed.
    I've lost about 15 since I took that picture @mom and I have alot to go...my goal was my daughter's graduation..I won't hit it by then though because of all the dental work...but I still have 3 months to do better :)
  • Dragon36Dragon36 Posts: 290Member
    Hi everyone!! On March 25th I will be one year smoke FREE!! (Thank You V2 and Thank You all of you for your support, this goal is achieve thanks to all of YOU) I must say I do believe that vaping helps with losing weight. I know I have lost at least 15 pounds. Yes I am more active now, but still when I was not (first 2 months) I lose weight, not a lot but I did. I think it has to do with vaping Vainilla. Again I dont have any proof but it's worth the try. ;)
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭

Congrats Dragon36! That is fantastic news. Almost one year!            

I'm only 1 month in and I'm delighted.

No weight loss for me though, maybe I should try the infamous 'Clam Juice'............ from the reviews I've seen you're guaranteed to lose weight!

• possumpossum Posts: 536Member
    Yes, the clam juice/bulemia diet. I think I'll skip that one. Was nauseated just reading posts about it.
  • sclintonsclinton Posts: 83Member ✭✭
    I hope this does not cause weight loss because I hit goal weight about a year ago and can not lose any more weight!! loseit.com is how I hit goal and I want to stay here not under or over!
  • JTHOLDMJTHOLDM Posts: 8,899Member
    Sclinton it doesnt happen to everyone Just keep eating the way you are you will b fine
  • murphyinsightmurphyinsight Posts: 834Member
    I've lost 5lbs since I started vaping 2 weeks ago, the sweet flavors and being able to vape in front of the tv has helped a lot.
    edited March 2012
    DaddyCat.
    Clam Juice? Yeah that would make me so nauseous I couldn't eat. Might work, but nah!

The weight loss is a misnomer. You can lose some if you are kicking up the nicotine level over your previous brand cigarette. Nicotine is a stimulant, as is coffee (caffeine).
    If there is weight loss with all things being equal in Nic level, it's  from normal things like a dietary change or a activity level shift.
    In 2008 I lost 43 lbs,(180 to 137) in 4 months, and kept it off  to 145 lbs  for 3 years. I have inched up and out just a tad to 155-160, this year, and really would feel better if I would keep it at that 145 lb level  (which is a 16% bmi). I could lose 10 to 15, but I love my occasional sweets.
    In the spring I kick up the exercise level.
  • nancyblakenancyblake Posts: 4Member
    I dont think that e cigarette lead to weight loss as i it so than it must have some effect on my belly hahahaha I also tried calm ejuice but it doesn't suit me. It can be a helpful element in weight lose process but above all  electronic cigarettes allow you to get your nicotine fix while avoiding all of the cancer causing agents found in traditional cigarettes such as tar, glue, hundreds of additives

• cricketinecricketine Posts: 366Member
    I have had zero appetite since starting 5 (!) days ago. Appetite, not hunger...that I can feel so I feed it what it needs. Nothing more because I sure could stand to lose these stubborn 10.
  • JaiZoJaiZo Posts: 10Member
    As most people in society are overweight, and may thank the v2 for helping them shatter the weight, I'm the opposite and I'm one of those people who are underweight and for me, it's a battle to put on the pounds.
    I'm hoping that after I start using the v2, because my sense of smell and taste will improve, I will be more tempted to eat MORE than I do now. Anytime I smoke a cigarette, the last thing I want to do is eat something; especially with that taste of smoke stuck in my mouth.
    I guess anything is possible, though, when quitting smoking, because what you're actually doing is letting yourself control your entire body, instead of giving some of that control to an addiction.
    Can't wait. Good for you all who lost weight after switching!
    --Jay
    The nic level is directly related to how much stimulant you take in .
    Nic is a stimulant. 
    If you drop the level, your metabolism will slow a touch.

Same w/ cigs.

• DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012

@Earthpig will you please look at this thread and educate a newbie

http://v2forum.com/discussion/3977/vg-or-pg-or-a-mix-of-both#Item_46