18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

I'm new here, and very excited! However..

JaiZoJaiZo Posts: 10Member
Before I begin I'd like to give you all some sort of introduction. If my introduction is too long for anybody feel free to skip it and just read my question (below, bold) which is the main purpose of posting this new discussion.

Hello fellow v2 customers and staff!
My account is JaiZo; you can call me Jay. I've been a cigarette smoker for about 5 or 6 years now and when I started smoking, I promised myself that I wouldn't be doing it forever and that I was going to quit someday.
Like everybody else, I had no idea what I was in for. The addiction to nicotine after a while is quite outstanding.
I was diagnosed with a disorder called "Irritable Bowel Syndrome" (IBS) about 2/3 years ago and ever since then I've been trying to do everything healthy I could for my body. I eat healthier, I work out and lift weights at the gym regularly, I play sports and practice numerous methods of stress-relief.
I am an idiot because even doing all of this to try to make myself feel better is useless because I have yet to do the healthiest thing I could do for myself: quit smoking. I feel that quitting smoking will make a phenomenal difference in my overall health and especially with my IBS disorder, because smoking is known to have a severe negative effect on this disease.

A few friends of mine recently have had an E-Cigarette and I found it to be an amazing idea. After a few days of research I decided that becoming a v2 customer (over any other brand) was right for me. Very positive reviews, great prices, and what seems to be quick and good customer service including shipping.

I ordered a v2 cigarette starter kit a few days ago and it already has been shipped to my house! It should be here within a couple of days. :)

I am excited for it because I feel that this WILL be my ticket to quitting and nicotine consumption completely. I also don't plan on smoking E-Cigarettes forever. Including what comes in the starter kit, I have twenty-five 18mg Red cartridges. I plan on using these for as long as I need to get used to smoking an E-Cigarette, then, slowly decrease the amount of puffs I take on the E-Cigarette per day, then eventually begin using the 12mg, do the same thing, then down to 6mg, do the same thing, and then try to quit from there using only the E-Cigarette when I absolutely need to take a few puffs. Hopefully, at that point, my body's need for nicotine will have dropped drastically and it will make my quitting and withdrawal symptoms that much easier.
This is super exciting for me!

Here is my question, the main reason for posting this thread.
I've been doing more and more research on E-Cigarettes after I ordered my kit and have come across a few disturbing stories that have caught my attention. A few people have reported after switching to an E-Cigarette (did not specify which brand), they experienced EXTREME shortness of breath, to the point where they were sent to the emergency room and needed to be on oxygen for the following week or two.
A few other stories report that people noticed terrible blistering on their tongues and inner cheeks, or slightly more commonly they got "strep throat".

Although these stories are not typical, and the ratio of positive to negative feedback of E-Cigarettes are highly inclined towards the positive, this was somewhat disturbing to me and I would like to see what this community of v2 lovers have to say about these accusations towards E-Cigarette companies.

I'm looking forward to writing one of those stories for everybody!
Best of luck to you all, and I'm glad to be part of the community now!
--JaiZo (Jay)

Comments

• AbsintheurAbsintheur Posts: 6,429V2 Veteran ✭✭
    I am sure some people have adverse reactions to the PG or VG that is the main ingredient in the e-juice just as some react very badly to shellfish. Someone somewhere is allergic to everything on this planet. If you have issues stop immediately.
  • emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,294V2 Veteran ✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Welcome @JaiZo !!  Good decision to go with V2 and e-cigs!

As for your question...the "extreme shortness of breath" and the oxygen therapy sounds like maybe one of a couple of possibilities:
    1.) allergy to PG or some other ingredient in the e-cig
    2.) nicotine overdose to the max
    3.) bogus fear tactic

Here is a link to an article by V2 regarding some POSSIBLE reactions to e-cigs:

• AbsintheurAbsintheur Posts: 6,429V2 Veteran ✭✭
    and by the way....welcome to the V2 family and...

Here is another link to an article that covers a lot of the possible "symptoms" when quitting cigarettes and starting e-cigs from ECF
    And here is a thread about some possible things that can happen during the quitting process:
  • JaiZoJaiZo Posts: 10Member
    Hello @absintheur and @emeleste, thanks for the welcomes and I appreciate the link you forwarded to me. I had not come across that blog yet.
    Your ideas about it being an allergy to ingredients in an E-Cigarette make perfect sense to me, and now I feel reassured that I have nothing to fear. I have used a v2 cigarette before (short term, for about a day because I was not the owner) and nothing happened to me.
    Thanks for the links again and for the welcomes @emeleste.

I'll be floating around the forums from now on helping others as much as I can with what I can. See you around!
    --Jaizo 
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,239Member ✭✭✭
    welcome to bedlam JaiZo! jay for short.
  • GooseGoose Posts: 1,765Member
    edited March 2012
    I soak my mouthpiece tips in ethyl alcohol once a week just to make sure there is no bacteria on them.  Rinse them off, pop 'em back on and good to go.
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Jay, nice to meet you. One important thing when you are vaping is to keep hydrated (non caffeine prefered). The PG will dry your body and you'll need to drink more than normal.
  • sbresbre Posts: 103Member ✭✭
    Welcome!  I have only vaped myself sick one time, and that was because the flavor was so good. V2 is a wonderful way to get the satisfaction you crave.  I have been very pleased.
  • devanttriodevanttrio Posts: 1,689Member
    Welcome 
    JaiZo!
    edited March 2012

I'm more than satisfied with all the positive reviews I've read about this product. Again, thanks everybody for your welcomes and advice!
    I'm super excited to receive my v2 in the mail any day now! I live in New York where the winters could get very bad (thankfully not so bad this year), and I'm getting tired of having to step outside everywhere I am to take 5 quick drags of a cigarette and then give up from being too cold.
    All the money I'll be saving over time is going to be great too.

I'm very pleased with everyone in the community. Very respectful, and very helpful. I'm convinced this will be one of the best decisions I will have ever made in improving my life.
    Jay, if you see the double post again just refresh the  page and the double disappears.
  • kiakia Posts: 178Member

Welcome, JaiZo!

The only time I had a problem with ecigs is when I purchased a disposable by another brand to get me through until my kit arrived.  That disposable turned out to have 24mg of nicotine, which was way too much for me and it made me dizzy and gave me a headache.  I resorted to very short puffs with long intervals in between for as long as I could stand.  Too much nicotine in your system is not a good idea, either, so if you find yourself on a marathon vape because it tastes so good, you might want to get that particular flavor in 0mg nicotine.  

;)
  • JTHOLDMJTHOLDM Posts: 8,899Member
    Welcome Jaizo =D>
  • Ck9Ck9 Posts: 653Member
    :)>-
  • JTHOLDMJTHOLDM Posts: 8,899Member
    Ck love that emotion
    @emeleste I finally got around to reading your thread on the "things that could possibly happen."
    Some pretty intense stuff. To say the least, I'm extremely impressed and pretty moved by your story and what you went through to get through your ordeal. Hopefully, the 5 or 6 years I was smoking might not cause the severity of the problems you came across while switching and quitting after the 40(something) years you were doing it for.
    WTG,  :-bd (I hope thats a THUMBS UP smiley). Stories like that are inspirational. I can see how your title deserves to be "v2 Veteran".

--Jay
  • BATMANBATMAN Posts: 167Member
    Welcome JaiZo... I think you've made a great choice switching to ecigs.v2 is the way to go!! Lots of people here to answer any questions you may have. It's more like a family of friends helping one another. Enjoy the ride my friend. :-bd
  • DrATDrAT Posts: 7Member
    On the packet of UK E-Lite cartridges:
    'May contain traces of nuts'
    My mind boggles, but it's worth noting.
  • joyfulriverajoyfulrivera Posts: 1,410Member
    welcome to vaping! I was gonna give some of the same answers that are already posted. most people that have issues like that have an allergy to either the pg or vg, but if that happens to u, you can go w/ 100% of the one you are not allergic to. its a small percentage though. I haven't had any problems myself.
  • amoreamore Posts: 2,194Member ✭✭
    edited July 2012
    determining what i was having asthma attacks from was easy. i vaped v2 PG carts and juice only and that was good.

however when i vape the juice with as low as 10% VG added then if i use it all day i will get a asthma attack. of course the 50/50 mix is even faster for triggering my breathing problems it just takes one cart.

So now what i am doing to use my little bit of juice with the vg in the mix is just maybe using a drop or 2 once a day in a cart and it is working.

i think flavoring may cause some allergic reactions also because when i vaped Sahara which is PG from v2, i sneezed all day so i won't use that flavor anymore :)

I like the PG base but others have to determine their own body tolerance.

btw this thread is from March is the person who started the OP still here?

It's alive! 8-X 

Ingredients List for those interested:

http://www.v2cigs.com/templates/v2v3/Download/v2_ingredients_list830.pdf

• Dale123Dale123 Posts: 113Member ✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Like others said, anything extreme would be from an allergic reaction or nix overdose.

This was my experience with ecigs so far over the last year:

First started didn't feel anything, compared to cigs vapor was nothing and I kinda alternated between cigs and vaping. Vaping won't give you that light headed feeling that the carbon dioxide in cigs will do. And you will miss it.

Once i started vaping only:
    Dry mouth, still common. It's annoying because I don't drink enough.
    Some juices make my throat sore.
    Some juices make my nose feel really dry and itchy.
    I vape too much, guess I liked the near sickly feeling cigs gave to tell me when to stop, and that has caused me to up my nicotene levels and vaping amount over time.
    I can't even smoke analogs anymore, they don't have enough nic in them unless I chain smoke like I do with my ecig.

So yea, main thing you will run into probably is dry mouth and a sore throat sometimes. And that almost too much nic feeling.