18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

THE VAPE IN MOVIE THEATER REVIEW THREAD

JTHOLDMJTHOLDM Posts: 8,899Member
edited March 2012 in New Members Start Here
Hey all. I thought I would start a thread on Movie Theater reviews and what you vaped while watching it. I am a big movie buff, so this is open to all discussions. Even if you didn't vape  I would love a review.

Comments

• JTHOLDMJTHOLDM Posts: 8,899Member
    edited March 2012
    I saw Hunger Games loved it. Although a bit topic disturbing, I found it to get its point across. The actors were spot on and the action was great. I like the premise of survival and the emotional stand the movie took. It is one of those movies that u think about after you see it. >:D< I also vaped Bubble Gum
  • Jaycea22Jaycea22 Posts: 2,432Member
    Are you reviewing the movie based on the movie or the movie based on the book regarding Hunger Games?
  • puppynursepuppynurse Posts: 1,514V2 Veteran
    My husband and I will probably go see the Hunger Games this weekend so glad you thought the movie was good.  We went to the movies last weekend and saw John Carter and yes I vaped it was good but not wow I am so glad I just paid 10 dollars to go see that.  However I was not completely irritated with the expense so all in all a decent movie.  I vaped menthol while in the theater. 
    I am basing it on the movie only JAY. I read the book, and that would be a whole different review.
    edited March 2012
    I Also saw the Grey with Liam Neeson. All I can say is that is one of my favs of the year. It is about a group energy riggers that have a crash and are surrounded by wolves. It sounds crazy but it was a very dark scary and humbling movie about the nature of the beast. These wolves carry no consciousnesses, and are pure evil. I loved it. I vaped v2 red 
    My other whacked out movie was ProjectX It was about a High school epic party that went wrong. It was pure insanity and craziness. It started off a bit slow, but when it picked up the wow factor came in. I vaped Rye4 >:)
    I also saw The VOW. The gf wanted to see it. The woman will love it. Guys bring your best vape and let her enjoy it :D
    One more review. I saw MI The new one. It was great. Heavy action and I mean action. The stunts and special effects were amazing. Cruise did it again. This move made over $200,000,000. This was 4 out of 5 stars.  >:D< I vaped My Mix
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't think I would appreciate someone vaping in a theater while I'm trying to watch a movie. I would find it distracting if I saw them doing it.  The movie theaters are already full of idiots who can't stay off their cell phones or don't turn off the ring tone and/or actually take a call and converse while the movie is on, others seem clueless or uncaring enough to carry on long and loud conversations during movies.

When did consideration for other people become so unpopular?

• devanttriodevanttrio Posts: 1,689Member
    I agree with you @DaddyCat. The clouds of vapor while I am trying to watch a movie would upset me to say the least. I don't hardly go to the theater any more cause people can't stay off their phones and I don't want to see a bright phone screen, people texting or talking while I am trying to watch a movie that I paid for. I use Netflix and Hastings now for that reason. I see nothing wrong with vaping in public, but with limits. 
    I stealth vape and and even made an sf4 sale. The person loved the bubblegum as by chance they were vaping next to me lmao. I had a tip on the end so no one could see. I also sit were I am in an aisle or further away form other people. I do see your point DC and respect your opinion.
    I started this thread as more of a movie review thread I do see both your points on this topic. I  fully respect the opinion of both of you. 
    I can not wait for Promethius to come out I hear its going to be great
    I just got my perfect buns in cant wait for another good movie to come out
  • JmanJman Posts: 3,050Member
    Prometheus and Wrath of the Titans look good, and very theater worthy.

I disagree with @DaddyCat on this one. Or at very least have a theater that is 'no vapers allowed' while having another one in same complex that is. Vaping clouds don't hang around for that long, and if 'consideration' for others was big deal, I'd not serve popcorn, allow people to come in late (or leave during the movie) and perhaps umpteen other things that one can nitpick on. 
    I love vaping at movies. On another note ir is EMMAS 6 month anniversary I started a thread
    I think you just like to disagree to disagree.  Would you talk out loud in the theater and be so openly rude while watching a movie?  Anybody with manners wouldn't do so.  Unfortunately, people today don't have manners and don't turn off their ringers and have their phones light up a dark theater.  Besides the cost I can see why some people decide to stay at home and wait for the dvd's to be released. 

I don't vape in the theater for the simple fact that I know there are others that aren't aware e-cigs are different from analogs.  Some PV's and juices do leave clouds of vapor.  If I didn't vape and I sat behind or next to someone that did vape in the theaters I would be pretty pissed. It's the same inexperience I get if someone behind me constantly kicks my seat while I'm trying to relax.
    I do vape in the Movies and have yet to have any complaints. I even got an sf4 credit. I stealth vape and no one even knows
    If I ever got a complaint I would cease and desist asap The people around me didn't even know I was vaping my v2 so no harm no foul. Except for the person next to me who was vaping as well
    edited March 2012
    You're a good guy JT, I'm sure you would stop if asked but many people will not want to cause any conflict in public, especially when watching a movie.  Maybe you are stealthy enough that no one notices, I hope so.
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,345Member ✭✭✭
    If you carry a Coach Bag there is a place to put the vapor. :))
    :-? =))
    LMAO T  =))
    Yes DC I am curtious enoght to stop but so far no one has ever asked me not to. And like I said I made a sale out of it. 
  • possumpossum Posts: 536Member
    I'll never vape in a movie theater. If I absolutely can't make it to the car, I would do it in the bathroom stall, where the vapor would be gone before anyone saw it. I would hate to cause a scene in the theater, with someone seeing what they thought was "smoke". I think it would just cause more trouble for vapers. But that is just my little opinion...
    Possum if you lived in ny  you would see things ina movie theater never been seen before My vape nothing compared to that roflmao Still ove ya :D
    Yeah, I don't wanna see any "pee wee" action, either...
    =)) POSSUM
    Actually the theaters and the people in NYC aren't any different from those elsewhere. You live in Long Island right JT? Maybe its different by you. Im in Manhattan daily. 5 min commute. While I see vapers in restaurants and walking I never seen them in the theater. Or they could be as slick as you and are stealth vaping.
    I can't yell "fire" there, I sure as hell don't wanna be detained for "starting" one...
    I am just quiet about it You wouldn't even know, I lived on 84th and Riverside drive for 15 years
    So, not good to vape in a big open air theater. But some people (here) think we ought to be able to vape in public places? What places would those be that we ought to be allowed to vape, if I might ask? 

And if 'no public places' are you on the bandwagon to ban eCigs altogether? If not, why not? Seems you are making case that it could be harmful / bad to anyone in near vicinity that is a non-vaper. 
    :|
    My post said nothing about "we". It said "I".
    I vape were I want I have had no complaints so far. If someone asks me, I refrain because I don't have the patience to explain the whole process o e cigs and the internal workings to them. Ny is a different world and If you saw wht goes on in Theater the vape is the last issue I would be concerned with. I am courteous and considerate. I am saying no more on this topic. I am trying to enjoy my simpsons and JC
    The other day I rented Final destination 5 I loved it
    Open air indoor theater that you are not the owner of the establishment.  You might be comfortable enough to openly take out your PV mod regardless of where you are. I won't vape unless I know the people around me are comfortable with it, family, friends, especially strangers, and I make sure I'm courteous enough to ask when I vape indoors that isn't my home.  That includes restaurants, theaters, friends houses, my office.  If they say no because they are concerned other patrons might view it as analogs then so be it, I wait it out til I'm out of the place. 

If I'm walking down a random sidewalk and and take out my PV and vape then that's all good since I'm minding my business and no one is actually standing near me being exposed to something they don't understand and perceive as cigarette smoke.  Now if I was in an enclosed area and I have a stranger sitting next to me for a good while 1. why would I want to get the "attention" and be bothered, 2. I have no right to expose someone to something that I view as harmless but they might not.  
    I respect your opinion JAY
    Where in the city do you live I was just there I went to Carmines
    Carmines is great!  I live in Jersey City. The path is literally 5 mins away from me and it's another 5 min ride into the city.  I usually go to the theater on 42nd St or by 33rd depending what movie times are available.  I'm mostly around 14th Street as there's an NYSC and I like to go to Bryant Park and get some Max Brenner, or around the theater area.  I like watching Broadway and off Broadway shows.
    Ya me as well I just saw mamamia w the gf for valentines day and we also went to Carmines for lunch it was great. I live in Lake Grove now near smithtown
    The last Broadway show I saw was Wicked, around October and also saw Stomp and Jersey Boys
    I want to see wickid or Chicago 
    Watch Wicked first.  It's a great show.  You won't regret the money you spent on it.  Trust me.
    I will I plan on going in May
  • jwolfejwolfe Posts: 5,456V2 Veteran
    edited March 2012
    Not that I go to a movie theater much, but if I did, and I wanted to vape, I would, it's not going to harm anyone. I would blow the vape towards the floor, not to hide the fact I was vaping, but to keep the vapor from being in someone view of the movie. The vapor would dissipate quickly and not impede someones view of the movie. If someone actually had the balls to say something to me, then I would get my ass up, go sit by them and show them I was NOT SMOKING, if they still had a problem, I would suggest they go get a manager to come tell me to stop and I would. People who are afraid to vape or don't want to "offend" anyone gives the anti-smoking anti-vaping zealots the power to equate vaping with smoking and IT IS NOT! The public needs to be educated in a positive manor about vaping. If people are to vape only where smoking is allowed then we have lost this war and the bans on ecigs will become abundant. I am done with cigarettes and have been for two and a half years and want nothing to do with my vaping being equated with them. We ARE NON-SMOKERS and I for one am going to act like one, if we act like smokers, then don't be surprised if you are treated like one. If someone in charge of an establishment or a legal ban is in effect and they or it doesn't allow me to vape, then I will respect that and not VAPE, but if some Joe Schmo tells me I can't vape somewhere and he's not receptive to me telling him I am using a vaporizer and NOT smoking, he can kiss my ass.
    DAM BRO THAT SUMS IT UP WE HAVE A WINNER

respectfully disagree jwolfe, I know you're not smoking yet I would still find it distracting if I saw you vaping while I'm watching a movie in a theater.

Of the places I've asked to vape in, I think about 33% have said it was okay. Those places I haven't asked, I didn't vape in. The places that did say it was okay, maybe 3 out of 10 I've vaped in. If owner / manager of establishment says it's okay, it is okay for me to do it, and rest of the patrons could make a case to me not to do it, but would have to be done respectfully and not based on what looks like ignorance or anti-smoking zealotry. Stealth vaping is not something I'm prone to do, but would consider under unusual circumstances. So far, of all the places I've been told vaping was not allowed, I would say 100% of those were out of ignorance of what vaping is, and concern for patrons that are essentially ignorant to what vaping is. I respect that ignorance (or perhaps tolerate it is a better word), but often wish it was different - and that people all around were aware of eCigs in a rational way. I'm guessing I'm not the only vaper who feels this way and as other vets have noted, we have an uphill battle on this issue thanks in part to the anti-smoking nazis... some of whom are former smokers themselves. 
    edited March 2012
    I started this thread as something positive but of course it has to be turned around into a whole freaking discussion of ethics. It was supposed to be a fun thread. I freakin give up. I just wanted movie reviews and what you vape not what is ethical or not. DAM IT CANT WE JUST HAVE ONE THREAD WERE IT IS FUN AND ENTERTAINING WITHOUT ALL THE OTHER STUFF I GIVE >:P NOw that its totally ruined enjoy it I bow the f out