18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
Zig-Zag Vaporizers Zig-Zag vaporizers are a modern take on an iconic brand, with a style as individual as yours.

BEST refillable KR808D-1 cartomizer???

Comments

• AbsintheurAbsintheur Posts: 6,424V2 Veteran ✭✭
    Jolt and one of these got me through the pre internet BBS days...

• KillConfirmedKillConfirmed Posts: 622Member

The ones being sold up until the last month or so were not regulated. I don't know for sure if that still applies to the sealed automatics...or the current manuals.  

i hope they are, since it seems Fluxos are volt sensitive. 
    i think a regulated battery would work better with Fluxos.

I asked Andries months ago when the new sealed auto testing just got started if these new sealed autos were gen-2 regulated autos? He said the electronics inside of the new sealed autos are exactly the same as the previous unsealed auto vesions, so not regulated voltage. Only change was to widen the side holes of the center post some to compensate for the loss of air flow from the top. I would think if V2 started selling gen-2 regulated voltage batts, that would be a big deal and they would announce it loudly.  JMHO.  Peace! :)>-
    ty fo the imput.
    @joyfulrivera .... yeah i wouldnt worry abt taking it apart. ur gonna need to to clean them. 
    i just cleaned 5 today n put them back together. 
    even adjusted the coil a bit on one with a needle.

its all stuff im learning.
    stuff im going to do on my next box when i get em.

• LeapingFrogsLeapingFrogs Posts: 393Member
    Jolt and one of these got me through the pre internet BBS days...

HA!  There are days when I miss the old BBS I used to run. :D
  • joyfulriverajoyfulrivera Posts: 1,410Member
    @joyfulrivera No need to fear taking them apart. The outside tubes can be removed and replaced easily. In fact, the best way to clean them is by taking them apart.
    I learned this the hard way last nite. I was out shopping, and I got my ecig out as I was walking. When I was putting the fluxo on the battery it just keep twisting. Confused, I went to twist it back off and inspect it and when I did, BAM it came loose from the metal battery connector. Needless to say I had juice all over me :3 argh...but I was able to see the whole insides, get cleaned up, and it went back on the metal piece just fine. I have it drying right now. So warning to all who use the fluxomizers: be careful when screwing :lol: and unscrewing :)
    ok, seriously someone send me some smiley codes! lmao....
  • Rule62Rule62 Posts: 3,266V2 Veteran ✭✭✭
    @joyfulrivera Always grab Fluxos near the base when attaching or detaching them from your battery.
  • emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,294V2 Veteran ✭✭
    @joyfulrivera   Look at the top of the post box when you are commenting...there is a little smiley face at the top right ...click it and it will give you options for various emoticons you can use.  :D
    oh, thanks em
    and Rule62, I remember reading that somewhere in the post. I had bags on my hand and wasn't paying enough attention. just a messy mistake
    8-}
  • FuryFury Posts: 204Member
    I have two boxes of fluxos, I am just too lazy to fiddle with them. My giant x2 auto and a clearo is just too simple.
  • Quitting13Quitting13 Posts: 50Member
    what is sl?
    @Fury It seems that loyal CE2 users are confirmed fiddlers; myself included. One guy experiences burnt taste, finds the reason, and thereby assumes that every Fluxo in the world needs fiddling. It's the way of the Fluxo aficionado. But there are many folks having success with them with no fiddling involved. Fill one up, being sure to prime the coil with a drop of juice, let the thing sit for a few minutes, in order to allow the wicks to totally saturate, and try it.
    @Rule62

I will when I have some inspiration to. It's not like they will go bad
    @Fury pm me if you decide to sell them!
  • dac311dac311 Posts: 414Member ✭✭
    Just got my fluxo's in, along with some juice. Orange cream, some tobacoo flavors, and some other stuff. So far so good, I'm so glad I did this. I am getting a slight burnt taste, but with the flavor of the filling gone its like giving up one for the other. I'm going to have to order some Sahara juice to use with these, but I've got 3 other tobacco flavors in this order to go through first. And order this stuff Sunday, USPS priority and got them today. Through 2 different vendors. I'm so done with analogs and I love these things with my v2 batteries. It is amazing to me.
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    I like these mini-tank atomizers

Got my mini tanks today, haven't had a chance to use them but I'm excited to give them a go!

Thanks Abs and Steve!

• GinaMGinaM Posts: 19Member
    I just filled my new mini 808 tanks. They didn't come with any directions, but I figured out how to do it. The top is stubborn but comes off. But does anyone in this forum know the do's & dont'ts of these things, because one of them is tasting pretty burnt. It is filled to the correct line, but has a nasty taste. I know with the bigger clearomizers, that you have to tilt it on it's side and let the wick soak up the juice b4 Vaping. I am wondering how to make sure these mini's are saturated enough. Maybe I was just rushing them by being to impatient. And does anyone know how long I can continue to refil the mini's before they give out and die? Also the nicateen strength seems to make a BIG difference when Vaping on the filler free cartos. Wow , I just about burnt my throat out with some 36 mg. juice in these mini's. I think I can cut the juice with some sucralose and that may help smooth out the hit and make lthe vape sweeter at the same time. I didn't really notice a difference in strengths with the XL clearomizers but have in the minis, so I was just wondering if anyone had any advise on the Mini 808 cartos?
    @GinaM I can't be of much help with those mini tanks. But I must caution you. 36mg nic is dangerously high content. Most responsible juice companies won't even sell juice that high. You can get very sick if you're not careful.
    Oh, I didn't know that, so thanks SO much for the info. I know that some companies sell 24 mg as their highest mg. and I thought that 36 was a bit high. I think I'll back it down to 24 mg. from now on or maybe lower. Thanks again.
    I filled mine with 24 mg and let it sit for a bit.... Slapped it on an auto and was good to go
    the minitanks? @Fury
  • wmike145wmike145 Posts: 422Member
    @ginam - I have some of those mini tanks as well. I've haven't had a chance to use them extensively but I have burned a couple prematurely. From what I can see, thicker juices (VG over 30%) seem to take longer to reach the wicks at the bottom because there is little space for it to drip down. Also, they taste pretty plastic-y in the beginning. I've got a cleaning kit in the mail and will flush some new ones with vodka to see if that clears it up. But, they are nifty little tanks nonetheless. I like using them to test new flavors as opposed to tainting a fresh blank.
  • TAP352TAP352 Posts: 953Member
    Vivi Nova tank...and Jolt...vaping heaven...lol...

I didn't think they still made Jolt Cola? Also very nice Mod. 
  • MattCloudsMattClouds Posts: 18Member
    with the minitank pictured above I find less burned taste experiences if I use my medium sized v2 battery rather than the long v2 battery. This might be obvious but to remove the plug I first pop out the center piece, then squeeze the gasket with my fingernails and pull up. 1 of 5 of mine didn't work right and I figured out the center hole in the gasket was too small.... 
    From what I can see, thicker juices (VG over 30%) seem to take longer to reach the wicks.
    i hav also noticed this. in my case the wicks are up top, very similar problem.
    this is the reason iv decided to order a higher PG for my mix. 

*** Fluxo PPL.... 
    to me it seems a higher PG...
    will help the juice get up the wicks and past the opening btwn the ceramic cup and the silicon plug notches.
    allowing the wick to stay wetter.

this is an issue i encountered since i was using a 70vg/30pg ratio.
    i think im going to move to a 50/50 mix, to see how that goes.

the minitanks? @Fury
    Yeah.  I was using a 70/30 pg/vg mix.  

For what's it's worth that's what I do with my clearos/stardusts/iturbos/whatever they are branded from where I bought them.  Only difference is I let the mini tanks sit straight up and I let the clearos sit on their side due to the top wick.  I'm not carto/tank genius but it's been working for me so I will stick to it.

Also, I used a SI 78mm sealed auto to test it.  I will try it on the rest of the batteries (2 month old v2 auto, 2 month old v2 manual, 2 month old v2 pass thru, 650 x2 manual, 1300 x2 auto, 650 and 1300 echo auto) and come back with any issues.  I also have some all pg and 50/50 juice to try.  I bought 15 so I figure to break a few along the way.
    @mattclouds

I just yanked the whole thing out....
  • cmackdowncmackdown Posts: 53Member
    Has anyone discovered drip tips that fit on the mini tanks from mtn vapor? Just curious.
    On the mini tanks the cap also seals the air tube. If you used a drip tip and turned it horizontal you would get juice in the center tube and have leaks and juice in the mouth.

And yes...they still make Jolt Cola...bottles only...
    Thanks You all, for the info on the Mini's. I also have found when using my long V2 manual battery on the mini tanks, that get a burnt plastic taste. But when I use them on an standard automatic, they work much better. I was going to try to clean some old per-filled carts and reuse them, but I keep seeing this post about cleaning with vodka. I was going to boil them and let them dry out. Do they actually make a cleaning kit? And can anyone give some info on flushing out carts with vodka?
    honestly I never bother cleaning mine...I just always mark them and use the same flavor juice in them. Blanks are cheap enough I just don't see the need.

this should work with the addition of an 808 adapter...

http://www.smoktek.com/CartomizerAtomizer-Cleaning-Kit--With-10ml-Control-Syringe-Luer-lock-compatible-wcleaning-tubes-and-instructions_p_107.html
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012

@GinaM I have cleaned a few cartos with vodka, I use a home made version of the kit Absintheur gave a link to.

@emeleste has used that very same kit and I don't remember her saying anything besides the kit is needed.

The kit comes with a 3/8" tube which is the size needed for our 808 cartos and the mini tanks.

Gina I just started using the mini tanks and I have not (yet?) had any that taste bad. I did use my cleaning kit to flush the new mini tanks before use.

I've been around manufacturing enough to know I want to pre clean any device that involves stuff entering my body (when possible).

The way I clean cartos (or tanks) with the syringe is to reverse taryn spin out any juice (if present) http://v2forum.com/discussion/3268/lanyard-for-the-taryn-spin/p1

If the old flavor is very strong smelling a 30 min presoak in vodka is a good idea.

Then fill a shot glass or other small container with vodka, remove the mouth end cap from the carto, install the mouth end of the carto into the syringe adaptor tube.

Slowly draw the vodka in through the carto and slowly expel it several times. You want to do this slowly so you don't dislodge the cartos filler material.

Remove the carto from the vodka and draw and expel air through the carto several times. Remove the carto from the syringe tube and shake out and excess vodka (or reverse taryn spin for more complete fluid removal).

If your cleaning a tank it is ready for filling. Make sure you allow the juice time to soak into the wick (~15 mins) before using.

If your cleaning a carto with it's batting material and you've spun out the excess fluid you can set the cartos with the open mouth end up and allow an hour or three for drying time. Some folks will hurry the drying time with a sunny window, a 200 degree oven or a hair dryer.

Some knowledgeable people say the small amount of vodka left after a reverse taryn spin won't hurt your e-juice.

@killconfirmed and other Flux users... i've seen where u cut those notches on the side of the inner cap as well, to allow for thicker juice. seems to work better esp on the dark juices, which tend to be thicker from my experience so far. 
    tried this on a few of the inner seal after i discovered that removing them makes me a tad less portable. some say the drip tip will seal the Flux, but at least with the one i tried, i still got a bit of a leak. 

trimmed around the notches to make them wider, in a triangle shape with fingernail clippers. worked great, and i still have the seal i need to put in my pocket. didnt need to do this with clear 70/30... 

will keep testing. :)
    yeah me too im still in the testing phase.
    I think I've settled on 70/30 tho... still have a 50/50 to try. Dark juice at 70/30 did great once I trimmed the notches. FYI.
    so the long batteries seems to burn more than the standard?
    i was thinking abt buying an XL in the next few days.
    i have a standard auto and a manual xl. the standard auto seems to require more pull to vape. the manual xl is much easier to hit. i can't compare bat sizes but i can for sure tell u i like manual better, esp with a Flux.
    however! i think the auto gives me a bit more with the increased pull, for my brain to 'realize' it's smoking. if that makes any sense. lol
  • HowellHowell Posts: 110Member
    Since V2 batteries are still generation one, they are not voltage regulated. So at a full charge they could possibly get the coils a bit hotter than needed. For me the best battery I have found to use tanks with are the vGo line. Same 808 threading as your V2 batteries but they are generation two and hold a charge 12 to 16 hours depending on how much you vape in a days time. I don't have exact measurements but it looks to me like the vGo is two to two and half times as big around as the 808 stick batteries and maybe half an inch shorter than a XL stick battery. Just like the stick batteries you can get manual or automatic.
    Since V2 batteries are still generation one, they are not voltage regulated. 
    are there any gen2 stick batts out there?
    i have a standard auto and a manual xl. the standard auto seems to require more pull to vape. the manual xl is much easier to hit. i can't compare bat sizes but i can for sure tell u i like manual better, esp with a Flux.
    however! i think the auto gives me a bit more with the increased pull, for my brain to 'realize' it's smoking. if that makes any sense. lol
    i see some ppl talking abt the minitanks.
    and saying that the XLs seem to burn them faster than the standards.
    im asking since iv ben thinking abt getting an XL for my Fluxos.

Since V2 batteries are still generation one, they are not voltage regulated. 

are there any gen2 stick batts out there?
    Yes, there are several vendors with generation two batteries for sale.
    @Killconfirmed sending you a PM on where I get my vGo and generation two stick batteries.
    ty!
  • dac311dac311 Posts: 414Member ✭✭
    @howell can you pm me that info as well. Also, has anyone used the phoenix clearo's on v2 batteries? I realize I would need an adaptor, but I would like to give those a try as well.
  • JmanJman Posts: 3,053Member
    For me the best battery I have found to use tanks with are the vGo line. Same 808 threading as your V2 batteries but they are generation two and hold a charge 12 to 16 hours depending on how much you vape in a days time.
    Interesting. My V2 XL's hold a charge for 12 to 16 hours. 

Do these vGo batts have lifetime warranty?
  • matcasmatcas Posts: 210Member
    @jman do you work for v2?
    Nope.

Just calling it like I see it. 
    As you know Jman, the batteries I am talking about come with a one year warranty. I can make my XL's last that long too, just take a few puffs and lay it down for an hour before using it again. The vGo will go all day in constant use, chain vaping if you will. I use two XL V2 batteries while I am at work, at the end of a 8 hour shift one is dead and the other is 3/4 dead, the second does not last the 30 minute drive home. Since I am moving around a lot I prefer the stick batteries for at work. The XL's have a pencil clip on them and I can just slip them into my shirt pocket. I did use the vGo at work one day because I was sitting in the same spot all day filling in for someone. The vGo lasted all day at work, the drive home and part of the evening, around 12 1/2 to 13 hours. I am a heavy vaper, using two to three 12mg carts while at work.

For me it breaks down like this. Standard batteries last approximately three hours, XL's four hours, vGo last a minimum of 12 hours and up to 16 hours depending on how heavy I am vaping at the time.

V2 is really missing out by not offering a vGo style battery and a version of the CE4 clearomizer tank. Just about everyone starts out with the stick batteries and cartomizers. Then, assuming the have not stopped vaping once getting off of cigarettes, they move onto bigger batteries and some form of tanks.  This whole post has been filled with people following this process.
    I have 5 XL's. 
    I vape heavily. 
    They do last me at least 12 hours, and have had some go as much as 18 hours. 
    I actually just picked up (like 3 minutes ago) an auto XL that I was vaping heavy on 3 days ago, and then kinda sorta forgot about it. It is still giving good draw and imagine I can go a couple more hours on this one. 

I realize you are very fond of a product that is not V2, and if we were on another site, perhaps you'd not have much kind words to say about anything V2 produces. C'est la vie. Doesn't bother me that you've found something you like and works for you. Does bother me a little that you have the nerve to do the whole "I'll PM you" thing after openly posting stuff about how V2 batts are less time on a charge (in my experience it matches what you're claiming) and that V2 is 'really missing out.' 

I just wonder why you all keep coming back, though I kinda think I know why. 
    I think v2 would make some money on fat bats and a ce4 but it may not be in their business model.  Introducing a new branded line is more complex than say a website just selling them.  

I do wish they would put soft touch on their black batteries though.  The ones I have are pretty slippery.
    Give it a rest Jman. There is no way you can't compare a stick battery to a vGo. They are totally different animals. As to comparing generation one stick batteries to generation two stick batteries, they last about the same. The real difference is generation two's are voltage regulated. Meaning you get the same voltage from a full charge to almost dead.

I know you have a bone to pick with me and that is probably the only reason you bothered to post after I did. Honestly, my referring to you as a fan boy on a totally separate forum must have really got under your skin. You want to convince me, then get some one like Absintheur, Emelest, or Daddycat to post here backing you up. I think everyone on this forum will agree those three are the most knowledgeable people on this forum when it comes to vaping and go out of their way to help with advice.

As to my sending a PM, I was asked a question and out of respect for V2 and not putting a competitors link on their forum where everyone can see it I kept it private. If this really bugs you, why have you not called out the several posters that have openly posted company names and links? I have never posted a company name or link openly on V2's forum and never will. It is common practice on this forum to send links via PM for products that V2 does not offer when asked for it by another user.

I use V2 products every day, from batteries, cartomizers, soft carrying cases, etc. I, like a lot of other people, have been disappointed with V2 over various things like the change in cart/juice flavors. That does not mean we want V2 to go out of business. It means we would like V2 to fix the problem and stop ignoring all the complaints and to add products like the vGo and the clearomizer tanks to the line up at a competitive price. By not offering those items they are indeed missing out on sales to people like me and the thirty or so people that have posted on this subject about tanks.