18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

bad batteries

joshpajoshpa Posts: 130Member
edited April 2012 in V2 Cigs Product Q&A
If I can fix this id rather not wait for a replacement. On an auto standard no matter how long I charge it when I attach the cart and puff it blinks 3 Times and produces no vapor. Charger shows it charged. Tried blowing on it to reset it but don't know what I'm doing. Then on a manual it charges and hits but it is so hard to draw through my neck muscles are gonna be huge if I keep trying to vape it. Ive cleaned the holes with a needle and the rest with a toothbrush that I dipped in some alcohol. Is that a bad idea? It has always cleared up the problem before but I cant seem to get this one back into good working order. Also...since it technically still works will the warranty even cover it.
Tagged:

Comments

• HowellHowell Posts: 110Member
    I had a auto standard that they replaced because it was doing the exact same thing yours is. As to the manual, does it do this with every cart or just one? Sounds like you go the cleaning process down pat. You might try moving the post in your battery. Take a small screw driver and wiggle the center post around a bit. Just be sure to get it centered up again before putting a cart on.

I found this posted in the New Members Start Here area of the forum:

There are a few easy things you can try.  First, take a small pin or
    needle and put it in the holes that are on the threaded end of the
    battery.  These are for airflow and can get clogged from time to time.
     If that doesn't solve the problem you can take a screwdriver to adjust
    the height of the connector in the cartomizer.  There is a slight groove
    a flat head will fit into, you don't have to move it far usually.  turn
    it about a quarter turn and try if it is worse turn it the other
    direction by quarter turn until it is where you need it.

Oh, as a side note. Situations like this is why most of us quickly purchase extra batteries. I started out with two. I now have three xtra long automatics, two V2 standard automatics, two standard automatics from another vender, and one standard manual. A extra charger or two are useful as well. Just in case one goes bad, it does happen. Plus you can charge more than one battery at a time.
    @joshpa I sent you a Private Message.
  • joshpajoshpa Posts: 130Member
    Lol. Yeah we have 11 batteries but I figure they should all work..ill check the pm..thanks@howell
    Oh, then I was preaching to the choir there. Oh well, maybe a new comer will learn something from this.
    :D
  • joshpajoshpa Posts: 130Member
    Lol.maybe...and I by no means know all that much. I just don't want to warranty them if there is a way to fix it and I heard somewhere you can reset the battery by blowing on the threaded end. Maybe somebody was pulling my leg..lol
    I read that as well. I think it was in the same post I got the tip on moving the center post in your battery from.
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,220Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    You can try blowing on an auto battery from either end.  If the reset is succesful the ashtip will blink repeatedly.
  • JTHOLDMJTHOLDM Posts: 8,899Member
    I had to reset my battery and what T said works as well
  • TimwaTimwa Posts: 19Member
    Yea ive had my starter kit since february, and already ive had to replace 3 batteries. I still love V2, but sometimes i feel im just getting an old refurb battery. Especially since the last "new" battery i was sent, already had sediment built on the screw on part.
  • nzmullicknzmullick Posts: 6Member

I am having a problem that I would like to share and see if anyone else has had similar problem. When I switch a good cartridge from a discharged battery to a fully charged battery, it starts giving me a burnt taste and the cartridge is no longer usable. I then have to use a new cartridge. I have three batteries and it happens with all of them. Surprisingly a new cartridge works fine as long as it remains on one battery. The moment it is switched to another charged battery, that is when it happens. It wasn't happening in the initiall two months of acquiring the kit but its been happening now for over two weeks.

Has anyone encounterd the same problem. Any advices will be appreciated.

• DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    @nzmullick that is normal with unregulated batteries which v2s are. Fresh off the charger they put out 4.2 volts and reduce voltage as they're used. Best to use a fresh battery on a fresh carto.
  • janeajanea Posts: 987Member
    For me, a standard bat and a cart last about the same time.  I often couldn't tell if the battery or the cart was getting weak, so I simply switched to using my XL batteries for every day use.  When it gets weak, I know it's the cart, and not the battery.

Your mileage may vary. ;) 
  • starjbstarjb Posts: 40Member
    Hi all. I can understand battery problems like those mentioned here. I myself have had to get replacements and V2 CS has been great about that. The problem I had with batteries I don't have any more. I have tried a new company for batteries but will not mention them here. But I will say that I purchased 2 of these batteries and I received them Monday of this week (5/7). I charged them up Monday night and they are still going strong even though it's been about 2 1/2 days since I charged them. They are 100% compatible with V2 cartos and free shipping that usually takes about 2 days to receive them. I love these things and they work flawlessly. I do not have anything to do with this other company other than I am a consumer always on the lookout for better products. That's all. If V2 pulls this post that's fine. Just want people to be aware that there ARE other options. Have a great day... 
  • DewManDewMan Posts: 1,208Member

@starjb Curiousity question if you don't mind.

If the battery is lasting you that long, can I assume it's bigger than the stick batteries V2 offers?

edited May 2012
    It's about the same length as the V2 battery just a little thicker. No, correction. Actually it's about 5/16" smaller than the standard V2 battery now that I measured it out.
  • DewManDewMan Posts: 1,208Member

@Starjb Thanks for the reply. :)

• nzmullicknzmullick Posts: 6Member

@starjb

Thanks for your advice but even V2 batteries worked fine in the initial two months. You will have to see how your new batteries work after two months or so to compare with V2.

• smith_msmith_m Posts: 220Member
    Well, my V2 battery is on its way out. It doesnt really hold a charge anymore , and no i didnt get it wet or drop it. I actually just ordered 5 new stick batteries from another vendor i wont mention. It cost like 40 bucks for all of them. I had one to begin with and it is still going strong. I liked that V2 had color choices, like black or blue, but the quality and consistency was not there. Goodluck to all you with battery issues, i sure hope they get fixed soon.
    So far so good on the batteries I mentioned in my previous post. It's been 5 weeks now and they are still going strong. I can get about 3 1/2  days sometimes slightly more on a single charge. And I don't baby these things at all. I go through 1 or 2 fills on my 1.6 ml cartos a day (I fill over the line actually). It comes out to roughly 2 eye dropper fulls of juice per fill and these batts keep chugging along. It's nice not having to charge every night like I did before. I keep you all posted when I get to 2 months... Later people...
    Another 3 weeks have gone by and still NO problems with these new batteries what so ever! All I can say is "AWWWWWESOME". Still last around 3 days depending on how heavy I vape. Since I've been home for the past few days and vaping alot more than on an average day, they still last me a solid 2 days before having to charge them. When I get back to my "normal" routine, I'll be back on the 3 day schedule...
  • KillConfirmedKillConfirmed Posts: 622Member
    my standard black from 3 months ago is acting up. 
    if i send this one in ill of had like 6 replacements since a started vaping.
    its getting to be ridiculous now.
    love v2 .... but they need to fix something before i go get a big batt.
  • ziggyziggy Posts: 127Member
    @starjb. Wow....I am lucky to get a few hours out of mine and I rotate them. Would you mind a PM on those bats??
  • jukiejukie Posts: 1,492Member ✭✭
    @starjb. Would you mind sending me a pm on those batts also? I only get a few hrs on mine.
    jukie,
     Sent you some info. Check your inbox...
  • CynsonyaCynsonya Posts: 5,804Member
    Ok while I am 100% satisfied with my V2 batts, I am uber curious! Can you please send me a pm too @starjb ???
    have you been cleaning your batteries and chargers? If not that may explain the reduced performance. Half way down the 1st page this thread show how to clean batteries.

http://forum.v2cigs.com/discussion/4305/help-thread-cartomizers-e-liquid-cleaning-tips-troubleshooting/p1

Chargers can be cleaned (unplugged) with a Q-Tip damp with alcohol. You might be suprised how dirty the contacts (threads and center post) get over time.

• JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,248Member ✭✭✭
    Oooo - DC - yes unplugging would be a good idea there. LOL
    My Laywer insisted I put that in there Jack.  :p
  • JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,248Member ✭✭✭
    LOL
  • NashVapeNashVape Posts: 6Member

So now my interest has piqued as well.  I just order the groupon just to get new batts, all three of my original batts were wearing down to only a couple hours at most (by the way, just passed my 6 month no analog mark on 7/2, yeah me!).  @starjb if you can shoot me the info as well, I will be eternally grateful.

@NashVape....Congrats on the 6 month mark! That's a HUGE accomplishment!!!
    @NashVape I'd like to also congratulate you  on 6 months smoke free!  About your V2 batteries that are getting old. There is a lifetime warranty on them, if they are not working correctly you should contact CS and ask for replacements. You'll need to have bought cartomizers or e-liquid within the last 90 days for the warranty to be active though.

Thanks @DaddyCat and @Cynsonya.  I have had conversations with folks at work (the ones who got me interested in V2) and we are all within the 5 - 7 month range and have all started buying replacement batteries.  I guess it depends on how their described, old vs bad.  I don't think mine are bad or defective in any way, they just don't hold their charge like they used to.  I just purchased a new batt about 2 weeks ago and it lasts most of the day with what I consider average use. Compare that to the original three (2 autos, one manual) I would go through all three in that same amount of time.  I grabbed the recent groupon for the sole purpose of two new batts for the price of one as well.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to replace them through a lifetime warranty, no doubt, just the fact that I considered them old, not defective, and figured the warranty was more for a defect than anything else.

As for 6 months on V2, I turn 44 in two days, smoked 2 packs every 3 days since I was 27.  Tried to quit a couple of times, never lasted more than a couple of months at a time.  During those couple of quit times, I thought of nothing else every single day, 'Man I wish I could smoke again'.  I am one of thousands of success stories on this site, 6 months is nothing compared to some of these veterans, but to me, it's the longest I have been without a analog in 17 years.  I feel better than I have in a long time and can't wait to hit my one year mark.

• sultanofswagsultanofswag Posts: 557Member
    Per the V2 warranty: Subject to the above warranty, in the event that your V2 Cigs device
    fails to operate satisfactorily
    , please follow these three easy steps:

Your batteries meet that criteria, failing to hold a suitable charge is probably the #1 reason people use the warranty.
    @NashVape...Get them replaced! That is what the warranty is for! As for me, I started smoking when I was 13 (stupid kid) about a pack a day at that age. Worked my way up to 2+ packs a day over the next 23 years. I am 36. Today was day 75 analog free for me thanks to V2! I tried EVERYTHING to quit and never lasted longer than 30 days. I finally feel like I found what I needed all those years. I will slowly work my way down the nic ladder but am in no real hurry right now.
    @CynSonya,Congrats!  Every day is another day in the right direction.  Almost every one of my friends smoke, and even now, I can hang around with them without even thinking about bumming one.  It's a great feeling.  I will call CS and see about getting the batts replaced.  Thanks for everyone's advice!
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 8Member
    jukie,
     Sent you some info. Check your inbox...
    Can you also send me a link, as i am having the same problem
  • ChulaGurlChulaGurl Posts: 1Member
    @starjb please pm info on the batteries if they are still working well.  The last standard battery I purchased only lasted 1 day.
  • cymraes73cymraes73 Posts: 7Member
    @starjb would you be so kind to pm me the info on the batteries also could I get them in the UK
    Thanks Julie x
  • bebeau25bebeau25 Posts: 7Member
    I too would like a pm. Peer pressure, everybody's doing it!!!
  • TomsswTomssw Posts: 11Member

I buy only the long manual batterys from here on, I have at least 4 week tired standards from around febuary floating around here. They barely have enough strength to do a little vape. If I could find them I may turn them in but really don't want any more standards.

• skipper295feskipper295fe Posts: 3Member
    @starjb could you please send me a pm also on the batteries. I'm going on vacation soon and I'm worried about equipment failure so I want to stock up. I have to rotate between all 3 V2 batts to vape for 1 day lol. Thanks Brian
  • castthestonecastthestone Posts: 2Member
    I ordered two standard SST auto batteries about 8 or 9 months ago and they were awesome. Since then one hasn't been holding much of a charge, so I ordered a long SST auto battery as a replacement. Immediately I noticed that the threaded connection end does not have a hole, as all the batteries we've ordered from v2 have in the past. There is a solid stainless 'plate' where the hole used to be. Charged it up and used it anyway, and it is terrible. You have to suck incredibly hard to get a drag, and the drags are very inconsistent. I previously ordered another off brand battery to try and it had this same design, with the same result. I was more than happy when we first tried the stainless batteries, and very unhappy with these new batteries. I'll contact v2 for a replacement, but I hope this new design is not permanent. Anyone else notice this?
  • its_me1945its_me1945 Posts: 97Member ✭✭
    i have castthestone... but i have found if i raise the post on the cartridge just a little it helps a whole lot on having to pull so hard to get a good vape.I am not very impressed with the new batteries but then i dont use juice so don t see the advantage of no center whole at least for me
    @castthestone I'm pretty sure V2 has a supply of the old style unsealed batteries. You might ask CS if they would be willing to send you the unsealed as replacements.
  • janeajanea Posts: 987Member
    edited July 2012
    "never mind.. "Emily Litella"
  • amoreamore Posts: 2,194Member ✭✭
    edited July 2012
    I loved Emily Litella "bitch" < she said  :D
  • KillConfirmedKillConfirmed Posts: 622Member
    the full retail value of a replacement is 49.90?
    suckz i lost the bad batt on the bus. 
    ima hav to return the replacement.
    @KillConfirmed....Wow! They charge more for replacing a batt than to buy a new one??? Must be throwing in shipping costs.