18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
Zig-Zag Vaporizers Zig-Zag vaporizers are a modern take on an iconic brand, with a style as individual as yours.

808 - 510 - 901 - 306...what do these numbers all mean?

AbsintheurAbsintheur Posts: 6,424V2 Veteran ✭✭
edited April 2012 in The World of E-Cigarettes
I am seeing a lot of talk about tanks and what can and can't be used on the V2 batteries and I thought I would do a quick explanation here. The numbers such as 808 - 510 - and so on do not describe the battery at all, they describe the connection on top of the battery that the cartridge/catomizer/tank/atomizer screws onto. You can make a mod the size of a beer keg and use an 808 connector or have a unit the size of a AAA battery with a 510 connector.

My mini 510 mod witha 5ml tank...

All V2 batteries are KR808 D-1. There is an 808 DM whose cartridges will work but they are larger diameter and look rather odd on the V2 battery. And while there are larger 808 (3 to 6 ml) tanks they do not work well with the V2 battey in most cases unless you are sure to use a low resistance single coil cartomizer in it.

There are 510 batteries the same size as the V2 but the cartridges will not interchange.

901 batteries are generally the same size as the V2 808 batteries and the 901 cartridges, tanks, and atomizers will work on the 808 V2 battery but the V2 cartridges will not work on a 901 battery, that is due to the location of the air flow holes.

306 is a bare atomizer system used strictly for dripping on a 510 connector.

You will want to avoid any dual coil cartomizer with the V2 batteries, they simply do not have the mAh capacity to run these high drain cartomizers for very long. (yes I found out the hard way...lol)

There some mini tanks in 808 and 901 that work very well with the V2 batteries, as a general rule these are going to be about the same size as the V2 cartridges. Tanks like the I Turbo and Stardust are made to be used with larger batteries like the eGo and vGo.

I own examples of everything I talked about and have tried many combination...some work, a lot don't. I learned by trial and error in many cases and hope to keep others from wasting vaping dollars.

I realize there will be questions and comments and I as well as others will be happy to answer them...

Comments

• mrtmrt Posts: 5,161Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you Abs, very nice.
  • AbsintheurAbsintheur Posts: 6,424V2 Veteran ✭✭
    I would add that I use a 901 atomizer on my V2 batteries. This is a dripping set up which means every 7-8 toots you need to drip 3-4 drops into the atomizer. This is not easy to do when driving and will get you strange looks in public but I "drip" at home and I have to say it not only gives great vapor it produces the cleanest flavors I have tasted vaping. V2 menthol is amazing when dripped rather than run through all that batting found in the cartridges.
    edited April 2012
    Another brief explanation...

Atomizer...this is the actual heating unit, a drip tip fits over it and is a friction fit and that is all that seals it. This one is a 510 connector and doesn't come with a shell or body at all. A 901atomizer looks more like a regular cartridge but doesn't contain any batting. You can actually very carefully remove the batting from a V2 cartridge and turn it into an atomizer of sorts. I use to do this for taste testing.

here is anatomizer and you can see how the drip tip fits over rather than into it...

image  image

Cartomizer...this is an atomizer with a juice delivery system added to it. This can be a tank, a clearomizer, or a cartrdge with batting.
  • MuldemarMuldemar Posts: 500Member
    Ty abs..I was wondering what atomizer to use for dripping:)
    edited April 2012
    A 901 atomizer will work great. If you look at a 901 atomizer, or tank/cartomizer for that matter, you will see the air flow hole much higher up from the bottom of the unit. This actually gives great airflow on the V2 batteries and make for a super easy draw.
    Cool..I want to try dripping to get the best idea of what juices taste like..
  • TAP352TAP352 Posts: 953Member
    cool tank in that first pic @Absintheur I almost picked one of those up the other day for my ego but got two of these instead. Next time  I order tanks I'm grabbing one of those. Great thread BTW !  image

• katstimekatstime Posts: 40Member

Got myself messed up.  Love my V2 batteries.  Someone suggested I buy a 901T kit.  WHAT????  All I wanted was a longer battery life and a cart that would last awhile.  Using V2 batterys and 808 carts, refilling now.   I want longer life, sexy look and my juice.  I want something that will last all day at the house.

A battery lasts about as long as a cartridge does it seems, the small tanks for 808 stick batteries like the V2 hold the same amount of juice as a regular V2 cartridge does. So if you want a single unit that will last all day you will have to up your battery size and the 901 will not do that. It is the same battery size as the V2.
    No matter how people try you cannot turn a V2 stick battery into a large mod...just can't be done...lol...

I really like my V2s and use them daily...but I do have larger units as well.
    Abs, that is what I keep wondering about as well.  Why put a 3 ml on a battery that will run out of power before the juice is even 1/3 gone (or there abouts)?  I have no idea what is gained by doing that.  :-S
  • TAP352TAP352 Posts: 953Member
    @mrt I constantly top off my batteries as the day goes on. So if I leave the house with my ego-T and thank then I won't have to worry about filling up the tank while I'm out. That's one of the big reason I like tanks you don't have to fill them as much as you do carts. 
    edited April 2012

I also have eGo-T with B tanks & eGo-C with A tanks.  I tried CE2's and hate them as well as Clearomizers.

My point is why try to put a large tank on a small battery (like an 808) that will run out of power long before you run out of juice?

edited April 2012
    I have a mod that will run a 6ml tank with a 3000mAh battery...I can vape for a couple days with it without filling or charging....but it is not a stick battery. Small battery means short use time....bigger battery means longer use time.
  • koalaskoalas Posts: 86Member
    @Absintheur Thank you for that info!
  • DennisRichardsDennisRichards Posts: 2,361V2 Veteran ✭✭
    Absinthe, just popped in for a minute and saw this thread. Great info. I wish this thread was around when I first got started. I promised myself I wouldn't post, but I couldn't help myself, really, just an excellent thread.
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Absintheur, I do enjoy learning. Bookmarked!
  • Rule62Rule62 Posts: 3,266V2 Veteran ✭✭✭
    @Absintheur Great job. Very informative!
  • DanielsuzukiDanielsuzuki Posts: 1,000Member
    Excellent job Abs! Personally I also prefer a 901 atomizer on my V2 batteries. Always have some in the standard res range handy!
  • emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,294V2 Veteran ✭✭
    @katstime   I hear what you are saying.  You can get a "big battery" that is quite attractive and will work with the KR808 cartos you presently have from V2.  They are generally classified s "vGo" which in essence is the KR808 version of the 510 eGo.  You can even get those that double as a pass through using your USB on the computer, or a wall adapter!  These aren't bad looking are they?  And you can get XL cartomizers to fit that do last a long long time.  Using a bottle with a syringe needle tip to top off your juice is quick and easy (and no mess!) too.

All of these batteries, with the exception of the pink one and the black one with the LCD window, are "vGo"...and have the KR808 connection that is compatible with the V2 cartomizers. 

• jlpjlp Posts: 633Member
    Great post Abs, this helps me alot. Got it all written down for future reference. Even though I have been smoke free for a year, I am still learning everything. There is so many choices for our new habit and need all the info I can get.
  • rachaelrachael Posts: 420Member
    Emma, very nice case you have there and it holds lots of goodies!

Abs, great thread and so informative, thanks for starting it!
    @emeleste, I am saving to get that, thanks for the info. I am slowly expanding my supplies and really want it since it will last longer and love the fact that it can be used as a passthrough also. There is one question though, How does it show you when the battery is dead, is there a light on it to indicate that ? Not that I run mine down to being dead (I top off mine) but was just wondering because mine have gone down all the way sometimes because I was just enjoying it to much and forgot to stop long enough to switch over to another battery....he he he
    @jlp   The button on the side will flash when it runs low.  That doesn't really happen to me because if I'm on the laptop it's plugged in...and I'm rarely anywhere that doesn't have a wall plug or a USB plug.  I got the 2 amp wall adapter so it can charge even a "dead" battery while you are vaping.  If using the USB on your 'puter, you need to have at least SOME battery life left in the unit or there won't be enough power from the 0.5 amp USB (most laptops and computers have that output)  to charge from empty at the same time as vaping.  But even if there's only a little battery life left...it will work.  
    @ emeleste thanks, and I also got the 2 amp wall adapter already. Is that the adapter you mainly use with this hardware, for all the charging, besides the laptop or computer. Just want to make sure I do it right from the get go.

I don't think it will die out alot because I love using my passthrough's when I am at home (on the laptop alot) but like I said there are times when I am not at the laptop and just enjoy it so much, I forget to take the time to switch over to a fresh battery.

How long do they last when they are fully charged ?
    The 650 mAh will go approx. 5 hours,  the 900 mAh about 8 hours and the 1300 mAh...not sure, because I don't have one! lol!  But I would assume...based on the other two sizes...it'd go around 10 hours minimum.  This is with HEAVY chain vaping.  Chances are they would last the normal vaper much longer.  I just way over-vape and constantly.  So I really put these things through their paces HARD.  
    Trustfire protected 3000 mAh batteries....I can vape a couple days without recharging...lol...
    An often used rule of thumb is 1 hour of average vaping per 100 ma. For example, 1000 ma would last approx 10 hours.
    Mileage may vary.

@rule62..thats about right..My 650ma last 6-7hrs..havent run the 1000 fully dead yet

:)
  • GooseGoose Posts: 1,765Member
    In a dual coil tank system, are the coils stacked one above the other or are they side by side?
    @Muldemar This will vary, depending on your voltage and carto resistance.
    Goose...the coils are normally going to be inline one above the other

• joshpajoshpa Posts: 130Member
    This may be the dumbest question ever asked but here it goes. I just bought my first 510 setup and the standard round cartridge it came with had white polyp filler in it. The filler was oily any looked as though it was prefilled but I didn't order it that way. Can the filler just be removed making the small cart into a small .8 ml tank or will removing the filler ruin the atomizer? I have only used the kr808 system up until now and have some 901 tanks that work well with my v2 808s and taking out the filler on the 510 carts seems like it would be similar to the 901 setup. Any advice?
  • TexasPrideTexasPride Posts: 233Member

Photobucket

Check out this wood vaneer covering for e-cig batteries

joshpa...

probably wouldn't work to well...at best you would have a sorta kinda atomizer that may or may not work. There isn't really any way to turn it into a tank without a bunch of engineering. Without knowing what kind of 510 unit you have it is hard to make recommendations but if it is a stick battery like the V2 I would just order some 510 Kangers for it. If it is a bigger battery like a eGo I would go with the Stardust/E-Turbo cartomizer.
    I have thought about wrapping a battery in wood veneer...just never tried it, also you can buy skins in a variety of colors and patterns.
    edited April 2012
    In another thread the question of using the Stardust or I-Turbo has come up,, actually it has come up in a couple threads so I thought I would point out a couple things.

1. they are almost double the diameter of a V2 battery
    2. many sights that sell the advise against using them on low mAh batteries like the stick batteries
    3. I have read varied results about them working on stick batteries

Will they work?...probably
    Will they work well?...probably not

image  image
  • GooseGoose Posts: 1,765Member
    Thanks for the pic, abs.  Picture worth a thousand words.
    I just hate seeing people spending hard earned money on something thay may or may not work and if it does produce vapor it will be for a shorter time (they recommend these for big batteries for a reason) and may decrease their batteries life overall.

I learned a lot through trial and error...sadly knowledge gained that way isn't free.

The best analogy I can come up with is -- 

Trying to turn a Dum Dum pop into an All-Day sucker without changing the size of the stick.

Pretty much... or as Clint would have said...

• murphyinsightmurphyinsight Posts: 834Member
    Those tanks (turbo) work wonderfully on the passthrough! they may look silly, but they work wonders. They will kill the batteries, yes, but if you only use them on the power cigs you'll be all set.
    You can use a big tank on a passthrough with a dual coil cartomizer...lol...running at 5 volts makes a big difference...
  • DelicorDelicor Posts: 37Member
    @Absintheur
    I'm considering buying some
    KR808D1 Ultimate CE2 Clearomizers and was wondering of you have tried them and what resistance I would need.
  • DelicorDelicor Posts: 37Member
    The XL version
  • Starchief13Starchief13 Posts: 14Member
    Great info for a newbie. Right now, I'm too ignorant to know which questions to ask, altough... Ordered a power cig, I know they seem intended for laptop usb. Can I plug into the wall with adaptor and use it? Thank you
    Delicor - the lowest resistance you can get...I think that is 2.4 but if you can find 2.0 I would go that route. These would be too low for a passthrough btw...you would get a burnt taste most likely
    Starchief - I haven't tried that but I have read of mixed results here on the forum...it seems to work for some and not for others. I do use a Powercig in the car with the car charger without issue.
  • Dale123Dale123 Posts: 112Member ✭✭
    Too all you newbies, be careful using mods and the batteries you select.  
    If you buy cheap, your putting yourself in danger with these.  

There have been increasing reports of these batteries exploding or bursting into flames.  
    Make sure you only use batteries with "protection" and read up on correct charging and usage.  

Absinth, looking up your battery, there were reports of the protection not being functional.  (On some flashlight forums and whatnot)

I am just starting too get into mods and bigger batteries, but all the things i've been reading about the dangers of these are scary...  Especially the parts about the batteries exploding under the first load after a charge.  Using 2 batteries in line seems too be much more dangerous than one big one.

Read up guys, these kinds of batteries and heavy load usage requires knowledge too be safe.
    Dale... what battery are you referring to?

The biggest problem that has occurred is when people stack batteries that have an unequal charge, The mostly dead battery tries to pull juice from the good battery at the same time you are putting a load on it. This cause the good battery to discharge very rapidly causing it to overheat. This happens in flashlights like the Surefire using CR123 batteries as well as in mods when people are trying to hit 6 volts by stacking batteries.