18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

USPS - Better Service, Lower Cost, Faster and More Reliable Delivery

janeajanea Posts: 987Member
edited April 2012 in V2 Sales and New Products

V2 has partnered with UPS to "offer better shipping and tracking" to their customers.

v2 also claims that:

"UPS offers better tracking than USPS at an affordable cost
-Shipping prices are determined by weight + distance and will vary
-The UPS “My Choice” feature will let you choose the time of delivery and whether a signature is required. It gives recipients the option of receiving My Choice Delivery Alerts to their phone or allows them to have their order delivered to their local UPS stores, in the event they will not be available. You will need to sign up for My Choice on the UPS website.
-Pricing is more consistent across all products."

I contend that for most, USPS shipping is faster, more affordable, more consistent and easily tracked.  

I also contend that USPS is a better option for v2 because its product will fit almost any items ordered into USPS's (free) Small Flat Rate Box, and will ship anywhere in the United States for $4.90, and will do so quickly. 

I believe that in the vast majority of cases, customers purchasing products via retail (as opposed to wholesale) will not have an order that exceeds the capability of the Large Flat Rate Box which ships anywhere in the US for around $12.  All flat rate boxes can be shipped bearing a weight of up to seventy pounds within the US and its protectorates..

USPS has also reverted to the complete delivery confirmation scan which allows the customer to more accurately estimate when purchases need to be made based on shipping and handling time..

In addition, most mail carriers are familiar with the customers on their routes, and the end delivery will be more likely to end up on the right customer's doorstep.

Finally, USPS Priority Mail is given Priority by USPS.  USPS packages sent via UPS are neither UPS's nor USPS's first priority.  In fact, we have learned of numerous reports of packages sitting in sorting stations until it is "time to be delivered."

Bearing these factors in mind, I request that v2 cigs return the USPS Priority Shipping Option to its loyal and valued customers.  I personally don't care if you use UPS or Fed-Ex in addition to USPS for those who want this service, but I DO care that our USPS shipments be handled by USPS.  They will be happy to make a daily pickup at no charge. And boxes are FREE from USPS. 

This less expensive and faster service is something that many people would prefer, especially given USPS's return to scanning every package at every stop along its route to your customers' homes. 

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• janeajanea Posts: 987Member
    This is the thread from which I obtained my quotes:  Caution - it is several pages long.

• AmiableGalAmiableGal Posts: 13Member
    And my son is a USPS employee and needs his job so lets keep those packages moving with the USPS!
  • happy_vapeyhappy_vapey Posts: 918Member
    i am all about supporting USPS!  They are quick, reliable and cheap.  It makes me mad when i hear speak of abolishing it.  
  • shadowsxckshadowsxck Posts: 206Member
    I ordered a battery from v2 a couple weekends ago, had it shipped through the new innovations BS. Then the following Tuesday I ordered juice from another site.
    V2 got picked up on Monday. juice got picked up on Wednesday.
    They both got to my house on Friday.
    the new shipping has been a nightmare and I have not seen the tracking to be any better... mostly worse.
  • LarryKLarryK Posts: 67Member
    I agree 100% with Janea's post above. USPS priority mail delivered my previous orders consistantly in 5 days from shipment in Florida to Alaska at a very reasonable cost. It has now been 8 days since my last order was shipped and it didn't come today. WE DON'T NEED NO STEEKIN' UPS INTERVENTION. :-q
    @LarryK, can you tell us where it is?

The tracking detail says the last location was San Francisco, and "This shipment is progressing through the postal system to the final destination."

DUH! That doesn't tell me much except it is somewhere between SF and Juneau.

The estimated delivery date was yesterday and it did not come today.

Well, it got across the country okay, but there is no tracking from the last sorting station which was San Francisco? 

You can't see USPS's movement at all?  Did you order USPS service or UPS?  

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get a handle on exactly what is happening as opposed to what's supposed to be happening.  Can you tell how long it took to get to SF and how long it's been at that location? Or is SF just a dead end?
    edited April 2012
    I ordered by USPS. I hope SF is not a dead end but who knows for sure. Maybe there will be an update later or tomorrow.

UPS Mail Innovations Shipment Progress

4/3 Orlando FL - Package rreceived for processing by UPS mail innovations.

4/4 Pkg processed by UPS mail innovations facility.

4/4 Orlando FL. Pkg transferred to destination UPS mail innovations.

4/7 San Leandro CA. Pkg receivedfor sortby destination UPSmail innovations facility

4/7 San Leandro CA. Postage Paid/Ready for destination post office entry.

4/7 San Francisco CA. Pkg transferredto local Post Office.

San Leandro, CA, United States
    04/07/2012
    Postage Paid/Ready for destination post office entry

04/07/2012
    Package received for sort by destination UPS Mail Innovations facility

Orlando, FL, United States
    04/04/2012
    Package transferred to destination UPS Mail Innovations facility

04/04/2012
    Package processed by UPS Mail Innovations origin facility

Orlando, FL, United States
    04/03/2012
    Package received for processing by UPS Mail Innovations
    SAN FRAN, CA, United States 04/07/2012 Package transferred to local post office

I wonder if they're shipping from SF via Priority or Parcel Post or First Class?  

I can't make heads or tails of that since 4/7...  Not a single scan since Saturday.  

Not good. I thought that even the USPS activity was to be scanned to the UPS site.  That's what the "improved tracking" "innovation" was all about.

This is a package I mailed on Saturday, the 7th from Iowa to Michigan via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.

Delivery Confirmation™

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
    April 10, 2012, 5:10 pm
    GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49512 

April 09, 2012, 7:15 pm
    OAK CREEK, WI 53154 

Depart USPS Sort Facility
    April 09, 2012
    OAK CREEK, WI 53154 

April 08, 2012, 8:03 pm
    OAK CREEK, WI 53154

Depart USPS Sort Facility
    April 08, 2012
    SIOUX FALLS, SD 57104 

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
    April 07, 2012, 10:55 pm
    SIOUX FALLS, SD 57104 

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility
    April 07, 2012, 9:40 pm
    Sxxx, IA 51xxx
    Sorry for the drawn out screwed up post. Tried to copy a shipping track but it didn't work right and I'm pretty computer illiterate :(
    You fixed it. I had pulled it into notepad to read it at first.  Pixels happen. 

I couldn't paste mine here - had to take it to notepad first to remove the formatting.

But you see the difference since Saturday? I'd kind of prefer my "tracking" to the Innovation that you got. I wouldn't call SF local to Alaska, but maybe that's just me...   

Oh, and as for updates, when I first looked at this, it had updated less than 15 minutes earlier in Grand Rapids.

Craziness...
    Hmmm, yes craziness. Where are you in IA.? I was born in Ottumwa.
    Are you Radar??? :)  

I'm from NW IA, NE of Sioux City about 75 miles, On highway 10 between 59 and 71. :) 

We're having a beautiful spring! 
    I have a radar on my boat but no, I'm not Radar. :-/
  • IrisheyzsIrisheyzs Posts: 243Member
    Every vendor I have purchased from...and there have been way to many...has used USPS and I have received my package in anywhere from 2-5 days depending on where it was shipped from.  I'm ok with that.  Why complicate things with UPS, FedEx and all this other BS? 
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,360Member ✭✭✭
    Because people wanted options.  JMHO
    And all those options do nothing but make people angry.  All you read are complaints about UPS, or people paying extra for next day shipping with Fed Ex and not getting it for days, or ....it goes on and on.  Not good for business.
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,360Member ✭✭✭
    And it will always go on & on.  It will never end, there will always be problems, that's life, plan ahead.
    I agree...I always plan ahead but why would you want the issues for your company?  They say they are going to improve shipping issues...they made it worse IMHO... KISS...keep it simple, silly!
    I agree, Irisheyzs. I don't know how much more simple it could get than dropping things in a free box and having it picked up at your door!  

It's not like they're shipping tractor tires or crib mattresses or sofas.  They're shipping a kit that weighs less than a pound. I have to say that the UPS sales guy had a very good day when he landed this account.  

• XCALIBR8XCALIBR8 Posts: 34Member
    UPS wasn't bad for our first shipment, but we're going USPS next time. I've been happy with USPS for years when selling/buying items. I'm ordering well in advance too just in case. I don't want to have to go back to analogs because I waited to long to order juice and carts.
  • TAP352TAP352 Posts: 953Member
    I had a much better experience with v2 and UPS then I did with them using USPS.  When I used UPS to ship I got the package in 2 days. When I used USPS to ship I got the package anywhere between 5 and 7 days. 

I'm not sure why they took away FedEX they must have cut a deal with UPS to handle everything but IMO the more shipping options the better. Hopefully with the new v2 coming we will see better shipping solutions and a quicker turnaround with ordering and the company shipping  out the order. I would also like to see the price of shipping drop a little $6 or $7 for shipping is a little ridiculous when they stick a few small items in a huge ass box. 

Personally when I order something online from any place not just e cig websites I never choose USPS as the shipping method. I've had nothing but problems with USPS.
  • JmanJman Posts: 3,050Member
    Well if @TAP352 is satisfied with UPS, that's good enough for me. I say to heck with the other 98% that, like myself, can't stand UPS. Just plan 3 months ahead, and you ought to be okay with this innovation. 

Hope my snide remark didn't just jinx my first USPS via UPS order from V2. 
  • SteelySteely Posts: 110Member
    I always opt for UPS...I have had horrible experiences with USPS.  With UPS I always know where my package is and exactly when it's being delivered...with USPS?..not so much.

But that's just my experience :)
  • TAP352TAP352 Posts: 953Member
    oh @Jman you silly goose I was just sharing my experience with the USPS. For your snide remark I hope your USPS package gets stuck in that dirty ghetto south florida hell hole town known as Opa Locka.  It baffles me that it takes the USPS anywhere between 5 and 7 days to ship a package to a city that is 4 hours away and UPS gets it there in one day. 

btw for the on lookers me and @jman are just joking around, don't take what we say seriously. Unless he is then I meant everything I said !!!
  • Shar53Shar53 Posts: 735Member
    I live in Hawaii and am having the same problem LarryK is having.  I spent 30 minutes on the phone this morning being given other numbers to call to find where my package was.  They could only tell me it was in the usps some where last known Va.  The website showed SF on 4/3 and showed delivery date was suppose to be the 4/4 ordered on the 28th.  Shipping had been great before here in 5 days.  Last person I talked to about my package said that it was sent parcel post which was the cheapest way to ship and could take up to 2 wks to get here.  So If I didn't get it by the 14th then to call them again. Lot of good that does me already having nicotine withdrawls.  Cigs are looking real good right now.  Boo hoo
  • gotolamgotolam Posts: 525Member
    lol @TAP352

when I saw @jman s post I was thinking to myself, oh boy, here we go again.
    Day 11 and still not here. It appears the order was sent USPS parcel post (with no warning that this was going to happen) and partnering with UPS. Previous orders were sent USPS priority mail (no UPS involvement) and arrived in 5 days. I'm pretty disgusted, especially since I believe I paid as much for parcel post as priority mail would have been. :-q
    When it's planes idle in the sky
    For a chain of V2 supply
    That's logistics

When the carts for the line
    Come nowhere near on time
    That's logistics

A rather broken link
    That is rarely in sync
    That's logistics

Speedy delivery reduced
    V2's bottom line gets a boost
    That's logistics

With orders that are incomplete
    There will be no cheers on Vape Street
    That's logistics

While USPS knows
    Right where everything goes
    That's logistics

There will be a bit more stress
    Cause you called UPS
    That's logistics
    Okay. So Hawaii is in Virginia after spending some time in San Francisco, and Alaska is missing in San Francisco.

Tony Bennet may have left his heart in San Francisco, but I don't feel it appropriate that UPS is leaving the parcels there to DIE.

Eleven Days? Are you KIDDING ME?
    10 days - my bad. Still though.....not good.
  • coeftwcoeftw Posts: 5Member
    I was never and still not a fan of USPS for anything besides a regular letter with a stamp. I've been selling computer parts online for the past 13 years and regardless if I am the shipper or just buying for myself - 7/10 times USPS service... at least in NY is horrible all around.

I also had the most complaints and issue's because of USPS which ended up costing me lot's of money (on top of the increased shipping prices now which are extremely ridiculously high for small 1lb priority mail labels). The item's I end up shipping with USPS when a customer requests it is about $5.35 for a 1lb priority - you go up to 2lbs and now you jumped to $7.40 to ship something out which will take a few days longer than other services and come banged up and then I now have to pay to ship another item out with UPS while losing the shipping money and cost of the product since they will break items and the 6-months to hear a status about claims is a joke.

UPS charges me no more than $7 for anything basically (besides a few rare locations) but you could ship a 1lb or 10lb box and there's no issue while shipping is fast and never any damage complaints. FedEx is horrible and is used only as a last resort if no other options are available so with so many companies and now eBay pushing postal on sellers, I already know how bad problems are going to become.

Cartridges from V2 that are shipped USPS are in banged up box's and when it does rain they just leave the box outside causing all the new cartridges you bought to be soaked without you being able to do a damn thing about it. Please use UPS for medium size orders on new cartridges as customer's don't like dirty wet product to arrive or just magically disappear. The flat rate boxes are also made so thin and cheap that anything inside is not protected if it hits anything causing another issue but UPS sends me free boxes which are nice and sturdy and aren't damage proof but they could survive a drop or something falling on it... any issues they take care of your claim within a week rather than 6 months for USPS then just getting a letter saying we couldn't find your package, please consider it lost and if you did not opt for insurance we are no liable for the loss. USPS can be the fall of a company in this day and age, seriously who wants to pay even more money to insurance a package that's 13oz going a few states over only to have to wait half a year to see if they will give you your $4 (now what first class mail costs) back in which Ill give you all the heads up, they don't give it back.

I hope that we get options when shipping and not forced to use USPS when ordering from V2 because the damage in shipping is costing me more on top of paying for 20-40+ cartridges. Just my thoughts and experience with USPS, I see and am aware that it works great in some locations but it
    s unfortunate in Long Island and all of NY they just abuse their power since it's ran by the government. 
    edited April 2012
    Hi, coeftw, and welcome to the forums.  I'm so glad that you took the time to weigh in on this topic as your first post, and look forward to learning more about your experiences in New York.

Options would be a good thing!  That's what we had with Fed-Ex and USPS for choices.  Now, as you have learned, it's all about UPS.  

If my mail carrier gave the kind of service you describe, he's be out of work. I'm sorry you're having such a rough go of it.  My mail carrier is GREAT and so is my UPS guy and my Fed Ex guy.  I often get packages from both and can't complain about the direct deliveries at all.

I have had trouble in the past with DHL's service.  They did pretty much what "UPS INNOVATIONS" is trying to do, and they're now almost entirely out of the market. Last I heard, the only domestic customer they were handling was NewEgg.com They've gone back to being an international courier.

The retail rate for the small flat rate box is $5.35.  The commercial rate is $4.90.  Of course, you know that since you've been selling computer parts online for more than thirteen years! I don't even think I've been computing that long. ;)

Aren't those video boxes just perfect for just about any card made for any computer? And since the rate for packages weighing less than a pound stays at $4.90, commercial rate with free delivery confirmation, it's really a bargain.  I've always used plain paper and tape for my labels. That's all that's required, so why would I do more with a small profit margin and a small volume? :) 

Did you know that USPS is the *only* carrier *required* to service all US addresses? 

I've only had one package get damaged, and frankly, it probably would have been a better UPS send.  I shipped two large framed HOMCO wall art pieces, and one of the glass panes was shattered.  It's so sad that you had to wait six months for resolution!  I send the information to the receiving post office and they paid my customer immediately for her loss. 

I also find that USPS, Fed-Ex and UPS have packing materials that are of comparable quality.  USPS will supply them free to anyone who has a need for them, and as long as you have one Priority Package, they'll pick them up from your door six days a week at no charge.

UPS does insure the first $100 as part of its initial cost.  I've never had to file a claim, but suppose that if there were a problem in settling those claims, I would have heard some noise. But I haven't.  It cost me more than $80 to ship my grandkids Christmas presents to Alabama by UPS in 2010, so in 2011, I had them shipped directly to their home by Amazon.  UPS's 2 day Delivery is included in our Amazon Prime account, so that's a very good value for us.  We're rural, so we do a lot of shopping online and fast/reliable/free/prepaid  shipping is really attractive when you're shopping for six kids!  

I just got a notice that the custom premolded carpet for my classic car restoration will be here via Fed-Ex on Friday!  That's coming from Georgia to Iowa, and the total cost for shipping is $22.38.  I think that's a really good value for a big bulky item like that.  I ordered it late Saturday afternoon. We're talking an entire carpet, trunk to hood!  I wouldn't want to have to lift this one by myself!

Yes, all the shipping services have their perks and problems. Fortunately, I find that if the sender chooses wisely and considers the needs of its customers, things usually work out well.  We received our last v2 order via USPS Priority Mail much more quickly than we received our first order.  I am hoping that v2 will continue to give us choices that suit us.  Your post clearly points out the disparity of service from place to place. No one person can know what's best for another.  

Based on my experience, USPS is the better choice for this company due to the size and frequency of our orders, but we will know in shortly, won't we?

Again, welcome and I look forward to chatting with you again. :) 

• djreddjred Posts: 1Member

I tried the new UPS shipping and i am not happy. I will be using USPS for now on. UPS 3-day shipping and it will actually be 7 days. When i use USPS it was like 3-4 days exactly. V2 charged more for worse service.

Again, I've had about 3 orders prior to current one with V2, and those were all USPS. Longest it took to receive those 3 orders was 5 business days, quickest was 3. I placed ordered under new system (selecting USPS) on Monday, and so today would be 3rd business day after my order was placed. Checked tracking minutes before this post and there is no location mentioned. That seems (very) bad to me. Status of item equals - Electronic Shipping Info Received, and has said that ever since 4/9. I am thinking I can rest assured right now that it will be next week that I receive this order, and thus at least 6 business days after order. 

Late last week, I ordered items from 2 other companies. Both used USPS, and both arrived on Monday. That would be equal to 3 to 4 business days. Perhaps even 2 business days. 

I attribute current delay, on most recent order, to UPS service. If anyone feels it is otherwise, I feel very open to reconsidering my thoughts on this. 

USPS isn't a perfect delivery system, but IMO, it is (easily) the best of what's currently around. 
  • jlpjlp Posts: 633Member
    I am curious, how many of us took the survey that V2 had  and picked they would like to see there package be delivered faster. I know that everybody that took the survey will not see this and answer it, or if anybody will. The reason I am saying this is because that is probably why they switched everything, they did that survey for a reason....hence the new line and the switching of delivery. Personally I like USPS and my packages always showed up in 3 or 4 days and I have not ordered again yet since they switched. But I know when I do, I am not going to be happy.

And on the survey I put I was satisfied with the delivery time
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    or maybe everyone that the did the survey asked for slower, more expensive delivery :-??
  • jlpjlp Posts: 633Member
    In there eyes they think it is better, in ours........definitely NOT.
  • Endgame_EnigmaEndgame_Enigma Posts: 49Member
     Why you've never heard of UPS Basic

If you go to the UPS website, you won't find anything on UPS Basic. That's because it's not offered to regular consumers. Hence, if you want to send someone a package via the big brown trucks, the lowest service level you can select is UPS Ground. Basic slots below that, and is a contract service offered only to merchants with UPS accounts. To my surprise, UPS Basic is not new at all -- just new to me; it actually launched way back in 2004.

UPS Basic: The rundown

After a bit of Googling, I came across some online documentation for the UPS WorldShip software that breaks down UPS Basic service. It's quite straightforward:

•For small packages
    •Single-piece shipment, ground transportation only
    •Package origin and destination must both be in the 48 contiguous states in the U.S.
    •Ships only to residential addresses
    •Max package weight of 70 pounds
    •Package dimensional weight can't exceed 84 inches.
    You're also given a tracking number so you can follow the shipment's progress at UPS.com.

There are two UPS Basic delivery methods

•Basic Remote is for rural areas. UPS picks up the package from the shipper and delivers it to your local post office. The US Postal Service then handles final delivery to your home.
    •Basic Urban is for more populated areas. With this service, UPS handles both the package pickup and final delivery to the customer.
    Prepare to wait

How fast is UPS Basic shipping? In my particular experience, not fast at all. In fact, it was excruciatingly slow. When I received my shipment notification on 11/26, the package status read "Billing Information Received," which just means that a label has been created for it. It then stayed that way until December 9, when it finally got its departure scan. Delivery to me occured a day later via a regular UPS truck (meaning my Connecticut neighborhood is in a Basic Urban delivery zone).

With my parcel finally in hand, I looked at the sender's address: Brooklyn, NY. So, via UPS Basic, it took my package 19 days to travel all of 70 miles. I could have driven and picked it up myself several times over.

-www.consumersearch.com
  • marni_V2cigsmarni_V2cigs Posts: 1,153Member
    Just so everyone is aware, USPS is planning to close 250 of their 500 sort facilities this year, which will delay USPS shipments. in addition, they are planning to change to 5-day deliveries (no more Saturdays) this year as well. 

The US Postal Service we know is changing. Drastically. 

Well Marni, that is something in the future that may happen but certainly not an excuse to change what is working well at this time. Eliminating the USPS priority mail option and partnering with UPS has significantly delayed deliveries to many locations with no reduction in shipping rates to your customers.

I would suggest that V2 make all shipping options available to your customers at the time of ordering, showing the rate and expected delivery time. Then the customer can choose and share the responsibilty of delivery times. What works well in some parts of the country does not work well in other parts.

@jlp, I took that survey which was posted following the St Patrick's Day Sale when v2 offered great service, It is likely that, since we were asked to rate our latest experience, many people made their appreciation 
    known for the service given for that sale.  
    edited April 2012
    @Marni_v2, Ceasing Saturday delivery for parcels other than overnight would put USPS in line with commercial delivery services.  

Express Mail will still be delivered 24/7/365 and Priority will be delivered to PO Boxes on Saturdays and out to physical addresses on the Monday following the scheduled delivery.

Even with that being said, it is my understanding that USPS is *not* going to 5 day delivery this year as noted here:

http://about.usps.com/news/electronic-press-kits/five-day-delivery/gen-faqs-answers.htm 

What has to happen in order for five-day delivery to take effect?
    The Postal Service is currently required by Federal law to deliver mail six days a week in fiscal year 2010, but not beyond then. Implementation of a five-day delivery schedule in fiscal year 2011 would be contingent upon Congress not enacting legislation to prevent such a change. In addition, the Postal Service must file a request for a non-binding advisory opinion from the Postal Regulatory Commission. If the Postal Service implements five-day delivery, it would take effect in fiscal year 2011 (Oct. 1, 2010, to Sept. 30, 2011).

• happy_vapeyhappy_vapey Posts: 918Member
    worst case they do *eventually* end it-
    we know they do a better job than UPS right now, maybe their worst will be comparable but still not as bad.  Esp if things are rerouted already with an expectation itll be worse, easening their load.. who knows
    too many variables, cant assume

@janea-- not all of us highly rated them due to a sale.  I called thier shipping a scam :)  How can flat rate boxes ship for more than the rate?  Oh get rid of those-- you mean now theres less transparency.. great.  

• DebiDebi Posts: 487Member ✭✭
    They wanted to close a USPS closeby, but have postponed it indefinitely. They wanted to end Saturday service, but thats not happening yet either. V2 should be listening to these complaints. If competitors can ship quicker, arent you concerned you'll lose customers?
  • HowellHowell Posts: 110Member
    I have stayed out of this shipping discussion because I had not ordered anything since they made the change to UPS. Well now I have. I placed a order on 4-10-12 with V@ and I placed a order with a different company 20 minutes after the V2 order. It is now 9:55 pm on 4-12-12. The order from the second company arrieved today while my V2 order is still sitting in V2's shipping department, Electronic Shipping Info Received is the only update on the shipping website.

Its not good when the competition's product is in your customers hands while your product is still sitting in your shipping department because UPS has not picked it up yet. To top it all off the shipping prices got raised while the delivery times got longer, in most cases it takes twice as long if not even longer in some cases.

I don't understand why V2 does not label UPS as being a failure and bring back FedEx and direct shipping via the USPS. Even if they signed a contract with UPS there should be a non performance clause in there giving them a way out.

That's just my view on the mater since I now have first hand experience on the subject. 
    I do appreciate Marni chiming in, though like the others, the message seems questionable. 

It seems odd to me that there is not a 'talking up' UPS, but instead talking down USPS. 

When it comes to the orders where planning ahead makes most sense, I can see sticking by V2 for the most part. But when it comes to situation I had this week (as in need blanks in 7 days or less), this current order is a bit of make or break for me. If it makes its way to me by Saturday, I can tolerate the new service. But anything later than that, and knowing that I've had orders from competitors that can get to me in less than 7 days, then with those type of orders, I'll break from V2. Not completely, just on those items where planning ahead isn't always the readily available option.