18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

whats the LONGEST LASTING/ BEST battery??

smith_msmith_m Posts: 220Member
edited April 2012 in The World of E-Cigarettes
I'm looking for a longer lasting battery. I currently have the long one from v2 and have a vGo in the mail. I'm always having to charge my v2 cus its dying after like 5 puffs! That is NOT normal. I charge it all night and then "blam" its dead again! So frustrating!

Comments

• LeapingFrogsLeapingFrogs Posts: 393Member
    Hey @smith_m  have you tried resetting your batteries? Blow through the threaded end until the tip blinks rapidly, then throw it back on the charger for a full three hours. Does this help at all? I had a battery that was freaking out and wouldn't stay charged, after the reset, it's like new.
  • murphyinsightmurphyinsight Posts: 834Member
    That happened to me, and when I told CS they sent me a replacement right away, the new one worked much better!
  • smith_msmith_m Posts: 220Member
    Good ideas ladies I will try resetting first. Also, I posted this in a different thread but figured Id ask anyway. When I charge my battery it gets SUPER hot! I know its not normal but can't figure out the reason. Was told to check the voltage by another user.
  • jwinterjwinter Posts: 148Member
    If it is getting super hot, just contct CS, they will most likely tell you they will send a replacement. A battery getting reall hot during recharging is a good indication it is done for.
    Yea I figured;-( I gotta find my order number and give them a call. Thanks for all the advise guys;-)
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    Battery problem or charger problem? Does this happen to more than one battery? Are you using the charger that came with the battery? Sometimes chargers and batteries from different companies don't mix well.
    Well @daddycat, I only have one battery right now. The charger that originally came with it burnt out and I was sent a replacement. So I am using the v2 battery and charger. It might be the charger..I dunno. Sometimes when I attach it, I can hear a buzzing sound..weird hu? And other times ill wonder why the light isn't lit up at all, so I have to unplug the cord then re- attach ...
    There have been more than a few reports of faulty v2 chargers and batteries of late. Have you tried using just the USB charger on your computer? Seems the wall unit often causes problems.
    I've done that for quick charges but not overnight. Ill give that a try tonight. Maybe the plug was getting too much power for the cord?
    Who knows....... almost anything is possible. Using just the USB charger takes one variable out of the equation and might tell you something usefull. Lets hope so!
  • viper65viper65 Posts: 184Member
    edited April 2012
    hmmmmmm..........I cant answer this without saying what I have and its not the V2 in my answer??? Ok, I got a 900mah battery that lasts 4-5hrs.........hows that?
  • JmanJman Posts: 3,050Member
    Never had anything but XL, and rarely have a batt last me less than a full day. 

My pass-through seems to magically last forever. 
  • fifthsymphonyfifthsymphony Posts: 40Member
    You'll definitely like the vGo battery... 
  • cwmaguicwmagui Posts: 75Member
    There have been more than a few reports of faulty v2 chargers and batteries of late. Have you tried using just the USB charger on your computer? Seems the wall unit often causes problems.

I burned through tree usb charges, so now I only plug into a computer to charge.  I haven't had a problem since.
    Might be why v2 is selling a new/different charger now.
    That probably y they are selling new chargers. Lol.. so far it hasn't heated up on the computer ;+) think it was just the plug. Thanks guys
  • nancynancy Posts: 465Member
    You really have to go to a mod, like the ProVari to get all day battery life, with huge 2000 mah batteries,
  • lynnlynn Posts: 155Member
    Seems like everybody here has to contact cust svc for one prob or another. Is this the new v2?
    edited April 2012
    I haven't had to contact CS yet. Only because I only ordered my starter kits from them. Juice and other things come from elsewhere. When it comes time to buy new batteries, I probably won't be getting them here, they're too expensive (in fact, I already bought a new battery from somewhere else). But I really like this forum! lol.
  • cricketinecricketine Posts: 366Member
    Bought an xl batt from VS, charged it and it has lasted me from yesterday morning and still going. My xl from V2 only lasted about 6 hours of vaping before it needed recharging.
    Just sayin' :)
    \m/
  • JmanJman Posts: 3,050Member
    Have 5 V2 XL's - none have lasted less than a full day. None of been replaced. Been vaping nearly 3 months. 
  • KillConfirmedKillConfirmed Posts: 622Member
    if ur XL need charging after 6 hrs. u should get a replacement battery, b/c that doesnt sound right t all. just call CS, tell em to sent u a new battery asap.
  • puppynursepuppynurse Posts: 1,514V2 Veteran
    If you want a battery that will last you need to pick from a vgo, kgo, echo or other large battery I have 4 vgos 2 kgos and 2 echos and a lava tube I do not really use my stick type batteries anymore as these last 2 days between charges.
  • DanielsuzukiDanielsuzuki Posts: 1,000Member
    My 'Vari lasts all day on the small battery, and into the next day with the bigger battery. I'll never give up my 808 autos for yard mowing, dishes, ect.

Tough to beat a little auto battery and PG juice for the movies.
  • HowellHowell Posts: 110Member
    The stick battery have their places. I use the stick batteries at work and while driving to and from. I also use them for yard work and things like that. I just purchases a vGo that I use when I am in the house. So far I love how long the vGo lasts. I can vape with it all day then put it on the charger when I get ready to go to sleep. I have yet to run it down to the point where I need to charge it before bed time rolls around. Add in the fact that it will go all day with a tank on it.

I have 12 stick batteries, with 4 more on the way. I am going to be slowly using these up and just not replacing them when they will not charge any more until I get down to around 6 or 8. That's plenty for a day of being out and about.
  • JondsterJondster Posts: 571V2 Veteran
    Viper65 said "Ok, I got a 900mah battery that lasts 4-5hrs.........hows that?"

I use 14650's @1600 mAh - They go 1 1/2 to 2 days. What's better is that they're $4 apiece (that includes freight) when replacement is needed
    Hey sailor, is that a 1600mAh battery in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? ~:>
  • janeajanea Posts: 987Member
    v2 have a lifetime warranty,limited to 5 replacements per order. If yours is not working correctly, call and get it replaced.
    v2 have a lifetime warranty,limited to 5 replacements per order. If yours is not working correctly, call and get it replaced.
    agreed!
    I called CS yesterday ....I got the RUDEST person! She kept saying I have to have done something incorrectly that caused this problem! Kept trying to explain that IM ONLY CHARGING IT! After arguing for almost an hour I wanted a manager and was told I had to call back, and that the manager will only tell me the same thing she's telling me! So absurd! !!
    idk iv called CS like 4x and they havnt ever been anything but super nice to me. 
    they musta asked me just like 2 questions, when i asked for a replacement.

i woulda gotten the name of anyone that was rude to me, 
    so i can tell their boss, cuz i dont put up with crap like that. 
    I wrote her name down and when I do call again, trust me I'm gonna loose it if I get another rude person.
  • wmike145wmike145 Posts: 422Member
    Volt x2 - just saying.
    I Just ordered that one @wmike145 It'll be here tomorrow at 10am along with a tank in each color. LOL. I'm really looking forward to trying it out!
  • wmike145wmike145 Posts: 422Member
    I love mine. Unfortunately, it crapped out on me, but they are sending me a replacement free of charge, including shipping. It lasts so long by comparison. I'm thinking of getting an auto one as well. Initially, the size threw me off (on the 1300mAh battery) but got over it quickly.
    edited April 2012

I ordered the small 650mah. I don't really go through my V2 batteries that quick, so I figured that the 650 would be ok. :) 

• janeajanea Posts: 987Member
    I called CS yesterday ....I got the RUDEST person! She kept saying I have to have done something incorrectly that caused this problem! Kept trying to explain that IM ONLY CHARGING IT! After arguing for almost an hour I wanted a manager and was told I had to call back, and that the manager will only tell me the same thing she's telling me! So absurd! !!

I hope you got a name and that you do indeed call back.  Lifetime warranty is lifetime warranty for normal use.  Running your batt through the washing machine isn't covered and neither is dropping it on the sidewalk.  But if it just stops functioning, it's covered.

Ten minutes would be the MAXIMUM time I would waste on someone who forgets about the customer and the service in customer SERVICE.  Perhaps that employee needs additional training or a transfer to shipping which appears to be very short handed.

yeah i dropped my on the floor once, from my chair, it stopped working. 
    i called CS, they asked 2 questions, and shipped out my replacement. 
    i was on the phone for like 3 minutes total.
    I guess I just got a bad rep. Won't post her name cuz I don't wanna get banned or something crazy like that. Gonna call tonight after work.
  • JondsterJondster Posts: 571V2 Veteran
    V2 has an EXCELLENT replacement policy. I know, I've replaced a large number of batteries. I've bought more.

The fact of the matter is quite simply rechargeable batteries lose capacity after a number of recharges. It might be 50 recharges, it might be 350. So no matter how good you think your battery is, each time you recharge it, it's one cycle closer to it's end-of-life-cycle.

V2 charges more for the batteries because they KNOW the above fact, and they also know you're gonna drop 'em on cement, in your drink (or toilet) or whatever, then come looking for a warranty replacement.
    I can understand what your saying with the charging and it dying over time. Just got this one in December. Hum...well either way, I've never dropped it or wet it so that's not the reason. I get outta work at 5 and will call CS again. Its all good, I'm not upset anymore don't see a reason any longer. Doesn't do any good to get upset.
  • DragonDragon Posts: 596Member ✭✭
    The rule is the higher the mah the longer it last a V2 cig style XL battery tops at 350 mah.
  • crybabycrybaby Posts: 12Member
    im a big fan of the Volt X2!! vGo is awesome too!
  • Flex71Flex71 Posts: 9Member
    I got the echo 1300 mah and turbo tank in the mail today. Wow, I'm blown away by how smooth this baby hits. The tank holds almost 2ml and the battery is suppose to last over a day before having to recharge. The flavor comes through very well, too. I'm extremely happy with my new toy! :D
  • BrealuBrealu Posts: 86Member
    I have a 18650 battery on a variable voltage device that always last me a day at least. Got a 7mL tank on it as well which I wouldn't recommend. It holds too much juice! Would definitely go no more than 3-4mL if I had to buy again.
  • VbiegsVbiegs Posts: 155Member
    My new ego lasts for 12 hours or more. Love it.
    edited April 2012

The X2 battery freakn' rocks (I have the 650mah). I have two more on the way. LOL.

It is of course significantly larger than the cig-sized batts (which I still like) but honesty, while it's big, it took me all of about 30 minutes to get over the size. Its very comfortabe in the hand, and surprisingly, it's actually EASIER to stealth than my V2 is. Makes no sense, but there you have it. I have it in my hand a lot at work, and more than once, peope have asked if they can borrow or see my "pen" haha.