18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Best way to clean a clearomizer???

zeldagirlzeldagirl Posts: 11Member
edited May 2012 in V2 Cigs Product Q&A
Anyone have a good way to clean a clearomizer? I just don't want to go crazy and break it in the process.
Tagged:

Comments

• emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,294V2 Veteran ✭✭
    Are you talking about the Vision Clearomizer?  If so...then you can just soak them in a little everclear or vodka for a little while...maybe 30 minutes or so...swishing and rolling them a bit now and then to make sure the wicks are getting cleaned.  Then pour out the alcohol, put the Clearo mouthpiece down on some paper toweling for around 15 minutes.  Then put mouthpiece up and let dry a few hours or overnight.  That's about it. 
  • Rule62Rule62 Posts: 3,266V2 Veteran ✭✭✭
    I always dry burn them, to get the gunk off the coils, before refilling, after you soak them.
  • dac311dac311 Posts: 414Member ✭✭
    @rule62 what is dry burning?
    @dac311 I sent you a PM.
  • back2frontback2front Posts: 79Member
    Has anyone ever used just warm water, not a big fan of the alcohol :-S
    Lots of folks use hot water instead of alcohol. If the juice you're using isn't too dark, it'll work ok.
  • AbsintheurAbsintheur Posts: 6,429V2 Veteran ✭✭
    best way? Buy a new one...lol...
    I agree, if you're using polly filled cartos. But some others, like CE2s can be cleaned to like new condition several times. as long as you're not using dark type juices.
    Lots of folks use hot water instead of alcohol. If the juice you're using isn't too dark, it'll work ok.
    I'm talking about the clearos and the only dark juice I use is coffee so you don't think the hot water will work with that? What would be the worst thing that would happen :-/ sorry very new to this and thank you for your help.
    @back2front   You could try soaking the Clearos in some vinegar for a while.  To help dissolve the juice.  Then try flushing it out really well with hot water.  That might work okay.  Will probably take a little while to dry though.

I used to use vinegar to clean my CE2s when I was using them, and it worked fine, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for the clearos.  
    @back2front   You could try soaking the Clearos in some vinegar for a while.  To help dissolve the juice.  Then try flushing it out really well with hot water.  That might work okay.  Will probably take a little while to dry though.

I used to use vinegar to clean my CE2s when I was using them, and it worked fine, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for the clearos.  
    Thank You I will try that but if I don't get all of the vinegar out that would be a new flavor 8-} if it doesn't dry out completely would that harm anything if I refilled it with a juice? I'm thinking the juice contains some amount of water, myself I will use the alcohol but I have a relative that lives with me right now and he is a recovering alcoholic and also getting into ecigs and I for sure don't want him around vodka at this time.

Thanks again
    I've heard of people using vinegar, and it apparently works fine. I've never tried it. Actually, I have cleaned atomizers with vinegar and baking soda, but that's not a process you'd want to try with cartomizers. I'd just be sure to rinse the cartos real well with hot water after the vinegar.
    People have found success cleaning cartos with all kinds of things. Eferdent tablets, sonic denture cleaners, alcohol, boiling water, vinegar, lemon juice, to name a few.
  • KillConfirmedKillConfirmed Posts: 622Member
    agreed if ur using polyfill cartos :P
  • marleymarley Posts: 30Member
    @emeleste sent you a PM
  • wmike145wmike145 Posts: 422Member
    Hey @emeleste - I ordered one of those syringe cleaning kits for carts that I have... do you think it would work ok on a clearo? I'm hoping so. I'll give it a try either way most likely :)

Also... the battery I had that I thought was one of the new ones with the bugs worked out actually wasn't. Should be getting it this week and will probably order an auto as well.
  • arent2arent2 Posts: 31Member
    what I cant drink the alcohol??? it sounds like a waste of good bloody marry
    what I cant drink the alcohol??? it sounds like a waste of good bloody marry
    specially when theres thirsty kids in africa :P :P
    Another reason I use Everclear instead of vodka. I don't drink. But I wouldn't drink Everclear even if I did.
  • TAP352TAP352 Posts: 953Member
    I just cleaned one of my vision ego stardust or whatever they are called clearomizer's with some vodka. I was vaping a hot cinnamon juice out of it and if you didn't know juices with cinnamon linger on forever. It's been sitting for 2 hours now going to let it sit a little longer to dry out then do a dry burn to see if I got rid of the cinnamon taste. If not I guess I will use that clearomizer for cinnamon juices.. 
    These things come in handy for cleaning gunk off of coils on CE2 type cartos
    @TAP352....if you are using the Vision Clearo...be careful!  I believe that is made with poly carbonate...and if it is...cinnamon can crack the tank!!  So can citrus and cola.  Just a head's up.
    @wmike145   Using the syringe cleaning kit should work fine for the clearos.  
    @TAP352....if you are using the Vision Clearo...be careful!  I believe that is made with poly carbonate...and if it is...cinnamon can crack the tank!!  So can citrus and cola.  Just a head's up.
    Thanks for the heads up. I just used it to sample the juice. I really like it but I think I need either a dedicated tank for it or see if it vapes well in carts.

For those of you who clean your clearomizers with vodka I just took some and let it soak for a few mins then shook it up. How long should I let it sit and dry before filling? Like I said I plan on doing a little dry burn to dry off the wicks. But how long should I let it sit there with nothing in it. Is it ready to go as soon as I empty vodka or is a couple of hours of sitting there empty ok. Or is this a personal preference. 
    You can fill right away. Whatever little is left in there will be absorbed by the juice. It won't affect the flavor much.
    You can fill right away. Whatever little is left in there will be absorbed by the juice. It won't affect the flavor much.
    Thanks @rule62 I'm not that big of a drinker especially the cheap vodka that has been in the cabinet for 6 years lol. 
    @TAP352 I don't know what kind of cartos you're cleaning. I use CE2s, which I take apart. I dry the wicks completely with a butane lighter, so they are completely dry when I refill them.
  • JUSTICEJUSTICE Posts: 171Member
    I just bought some mini tanks from a north carolina supplier and they are leaking like nobody's business - brand new - i am not filling over the line - not dripping down the center hole - anyone have any idea what i am doing wrong?
    @TAP352 I don't know what kind of cartos you're cleaning. I use CE2s, which I take apart. I dry the wicks completely with a butane lighter, so they are completely dry when I refill them.
    I'm cleaning clearomizers. I'm pretty sure the site I bought them calls them Vision Ego Clearomizers. I find it annoying every website hast to brand these things with their own name. They should keep it standard and call it one thing. 
    Yep, "clearomizer" has become a universal term for anything with a clear tube, I guess. I wish they'd specify "top coil", or "bottom coil" as well. For example, a CE2 and a CE3 are two completely different designs; but both are often called clearomizers.
    edited May 2012
    The "clearomizers" that TAP352 is talking about...I'm pretty sure...are the Vision eGo Clearomizer,  also known on one large and popular site as the "Vision Stardust".  There is an 808 version at that site, as well as the 510 eGo type.  Elsewhere, where they are KR808D-1 threaded I know of "iTurbo Clearomizer", "X2 Clearomizer" and "VaporClears".  They look like this:
    VaporSmiths VaporClear Clearomizer

They don't leak, do not require a syringe or any special tool to fill and are "top coil" with very short wicks.
  • GenLeeGenLee Posts: 94Member
    Just got one of these and although a syringe is not needed, it is easier to fill with one.
    edited May 2012
    The "clearomizers" that TAP352 is talking about...I'm pretty sure...are the Vision eGo Clearomizer,  also known on one large and popular site as the "Vision Stardust".  There is an 808 version at that site, as well as the 510 eGo type.  Elsewhere, where they are KR808D-1 threaded I know of "iTurbo Clearomizer", "X2 Clearomizer" and "VaporClears".  They look like this:
    VaporSmiths VaporClear Clearomizer

They don't leak, do not require a syringe or any special tool to fill and are "top coil" with very short wicks.
    Yes @emeleste is correct, mind me I'm still only a few months into vaping and now only a few weeks into tanks. You have to admit it's a little confusing and itimadating at first. When I was lurking in that massive thread about tanks I was googling some of the terms you guys where throwing out and I would get different results. Not blaming you guys blaming the companies that rebrand them with their own special name. 

@GenLee the first few times I filled mine I used a syringe because I get a shaky  hand sometimes. But now I'm at the point where I can just hold the cart at a angle and drip directly out of a bottle or if I'm using v2 juice use their dropper. 

Edited to add i still need to pick up some of the 808 threading ones I'm sure they look better on the v2 batteries. I'm mostly using my clearomizer's on my VV mod and my other mod but sometimes I use them with my v2 XL auto battery and it looks ridiculous. 

There isn't a bad thing I can say about these things. Everything tastes much better. 
    yeah i think anything clear will be called a clearomizer.
    lots of tanks are clear... would they also be called clearomizers?
    do clearomizers hav cartomizers too... or just wicks?
    Just got one of these and although a syringe is not needed, it is easier to fill with one.
    yeah the ones i got dont need a syringe too... but they do make it easier, right?
  • HowellHowell Posts: 110Member
    I clean my tanks with Vodka. Before I put them into soak I use a syringe to squirt Vodka onto the wicks. I will do this several times and dump the tank out when it gets full. I can clear almost all the juice off the wicks this way. Once I have them cleaned to my satisfaction I will then put the tanks into a bowl with Vodka to soak for about half an hour, taking it out and dumping the vodka a few times during the half hour to try and flush any PG/VG residue. I then just shake out any vodka left in the tank and then let is sit for a few hours allowing most of the vodka to evaporate. I have used tanks with a trace of vodka left in them and it did not affect the taste at all. I suspect any drops you see still in the tank after a few hours are vodka and PG/VG residue since pure alcohol will evaporate fairly quickly. I am using the CE4 clearomizer type tanks.

A few different juices will stain the wicks a real dark color. Those I let soak in vodka over night. This seems to work clearing the dark stains out.
  • kj4700kj4700 Posts: 9Member
    I recently purchased the travelers kit and a a couple liquids to refill the carts. My first cart I pulled off the white end cap and inside I pulled out what I believe is called the condom and refilled without a problem. My next empty cart I pulled off the white end cap and this cart never had the condom in it and so far 4 other carts do not have the condom in it.

Why did one have the soft rubber piece under the white cap and 4 not have the rubber piece. Something is not right here so I hope some people here can help me out.

Seems all the carts should have that rubber piece in them to put back in to keep the liquid from coming out.

I guess my question is should all the carts have that soft rubber piece in them and if so why did 4 carts not have it.
    V2 uses more than one manufacturer for their cartos. Some have that inner ring, some don't. At any rate, it's not needed. Throw it out.
  • CynsonyaCynsonya Posts: 5,803Member
    edited May 2012
    @kj4700....As Rule said the inner ring (I call an o-ring) is not in all cartridges and is not needed. It is not a condom and it is useless. You can put it back in if it makes you feel better but can toss it and save yourself the time.
  • Dst123Dst123 Posts: 1Member
    edited December 2012
    Materials needed: Shot glass (Preferably double shot)
       Saucepan
       Vinegar
       Water

Fill the saucepan with water and put the shot glass in the water. Make sure the water doesn't overflow into the shot glass. Fill the shot glass with half water and half vinegar. Take clearomizer head and put it in the shot glass. Bring water to a boil. I left mine for about 15-20 minutes. Then repeat with just water in the shot glass. I want to try it with vodka in the shot glass, but haven't tried it yet. This has worked best for me and brings the flavor back to normal. I put it in the shot glass because I don't want it to get too hot. If it were just in the pan it may melt.

After letting it cool down I rinse with hot water just for fun, wrap it in a small piece of paper towel and put in rice for probably two hours or more.
  • mrtmrt Posts: 5,220Member ✭✭✭
    Unless you boil the pan dry or use a pressure vessel the temp will not excede 212° F or 100° C.
  • vapeguyrtsvapeguyrts Posts: 429Member
    @SirSmokem now we know why you have the picture you use   :))
  • CMRCMR Posts: 7Member
    I've been having great success cleaning and reusing V2's Liquimax blanks. Although V2 does not recommend cleaning them, I've had no problems at all. (However, of the six I originally purchased, one wouldn't draw worth a darn right out of the box.)

I see that there are folks that prefer not to fuss with cleaning, and that's OK, but if anyone cares to try this method, here's what I do:

Remove the tips and soak the Liquimax blanks in vodka for a few hours. Dispose of the vodka and rinse and blow out the blanks.

Heat some water to near boiling (in a tea kettle). Transfer your blanks to a bowl and cover them with very hot water. I use a small tong to turn them until all the air bubbles are out. Let 'em sit for five or ten minutes. Once the water is cooled enough to handle the blanks, take each one and draw water through it, like a straw, from the threaded end. (This will also tell you how easy your cart is drawing or if it is clogged.)

Repeat this process once or twice until you are satisfied that it's clean inside and the wicks are good to go.

Finally, blow them out as best you can and dry them. I put them in a ventilated little case and set them on my radiator overnight. When you check on them, blow through them. If they gurgle at all, they are certainly NOT dry.

I've been using quite a variety of juices, some of which tend to gum up the blanks faster, but using this method, I can restore them and vape on. The ritual suits my miserly nature, too. At four bucks a pop, I like to extend the life of my blanks so I can enjoy spending money on great juices. I'm glad I gave the Liquimax blanks a go. They make for a great vape.

I hope somebody finds this helpful. Cheers!