18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Weight loss and ejuice?

CynsonyaCynsonya Posts: 5,758Member
edited June 2012 in The World of E-Cigarettes
Ok so I started vaping 39 days ago. I had been trying to lose a little weight prior to this and was really afraid quitting smoking would cause me to gain weight. I went off my diet and back to regular eating so as not to make myself feel too deprived giving up favorite foods and analogs at the same time. Funny thing is I weighed today and have lost 7lbs! I attribute this to getting a sweet tooth and grabbing my fruity sweet ejuices instead of junk food, lol. This happen to anyone else???

Comments

• emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,294V2 Veteran ✭✭
    Oh yeah.  Several people have reported that!  I don't vape sweet dessert type juices...just menthol and once in a blue moon coffee....but I haven't gained an ounce since I quit smoking. In fact, I dropped a couple of pounds and wasn't even trying!  
  • CynsonyaCynsonya Posts: 5,758Member
    @emeleste, this is GREAT! lol
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012

Let me finish this box of Krispy Kremes and I'll get back to you. :-\"

Food may taste better but physical activity is alot more fun after quitting smoking. I don't think I've lost weight but I burn more calories.

Let me finish this box of Krispy Kremes and I'll get bact to you. :-\"

Food may taste better but physical activity is alot more fun after quitting smoking. I don't think I've lost weight but I burn more calories.

You're correct! I have also been running around like a teenager with my newly found energy. I will take it! Only 6lbs left till goal weight and I didn't even have to try!!!
  • KamKam Posts: 158Member ✭✭
    That's great news Cynsonya! What a great self esteem boost right when you need it most!! Tomorrow marks 12 weeks smoke free for me. Since I traded in my 30 year cigarette addiction for a fun-size Crunch bar addiction I however have not seen the same results  :(
  • MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 90Member

Last time I quit smoking (I quit for 10 years) I gained a huge amount of weight over those years.  I just recently took it all back off again and while I was ready to give up the smoking habit I didn't want to put all the weight back on.  The only reason it fell off me this time was because I started smoking again (sadly, that was the reason I went back to smoking after a 10 year break ~ now that is sick). 

Anyway, I had learned from my experience as well as had read, that nicotine ups your metabolism.  Therefore, I knew I needed to keep nicotine in the equation and found out about vaping as an alternative.  Today is my 4 month anniversary of being totally anolog free and I haven't gained an ounce.  Vaping gives me the same satisfaction without the pounds. 

• Sally53Sally53 Posts: 1,074Member
    I had to watch cholesterol, so weight wasn't a problem, but now with dropping analogs, might be able to eat what I want...the one time I am anxious to get a blood test done.  Drinking water is one way to keep full with vaping....glad to hear your doing good on it all around!
    @Kas...happy early 12 week anniversary!!! That is a huge accomplishment:) @MysticOne...WoW 4 months! Great job and Happy Anniversary! Can't wait till I reach 4 months:) @Sally53...Thanks for the tip. I do find myself thirstier now.
  • AbsintheurAbsintheur Posts: 6,429V2 Veteran ✭✭
    I vape a lot of sweet juices...really has curbed my sweet tooth
    @Absintheur...It works wonders for mine.
  • Shar53Shar53 Posts: 735Member
    I vape sweets also and I haven't bought any food sweets but I don't think I've lost an ounce!  :((
    LoL @Shar53...I just intentionally grapped a batt with some fruity flavor when I was getting ready to go to the kitchen and before I knew it I had forgot I had a craving to begin with.
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 206Member
    I'm with most you guys.I first started vaping not long ago thinking I would only enjoy tobacco flavored juices.Now I really dislike tobacco flavored juices and really only vape sweet juices.To my surprise I quit eating a lot of desserts,cookies and sweets without even thinking about it.Since I started vaping I have lost 10 pounds.I attribute this to the sweet juices killing my craving for sweets.
    @Dizzy....That is GREAT!!! I do still love my tobacco flavors too though. I usually have 2-3 batts and flavors ready at all times, lol.
    I think a lot of people are like you Dizzy, they get their sweet fix from vaping.  I started out really liking the sweet vapes, but I do tend to wonder to the tobacco flavors now and again.  Only when I get that old craving back, otherwise I love the sweet.  It hits the spot and I can pass up the sweets.
    @Cynsonya I have about 7 carts filled at a time with different juices.Got 5 batteries always with a charge.I think,just making a estimated guess here,but I think I have somewhere around 300ml of assorted juice sitting around.Because you just never know...

Yeah the tobacco flavors now days just make me go blehk.At first I really liked Sahara,but as my tastes changed it didn't become terrible,but became something I no longer wanted to vape.I still sample a few here and there,but havent found one yet that is something I want to buy more of.
    @Dizzy...LoL 7?!?! Just kidding. I have that many as well, I just have 3 batts out at once and 3 charging so I just switch tanks/carts at will.
    @Cynsonya I have about 7 carts filled at a time with different juices.Got 5 batteries always with a charge.I think,just making a estimated guess here,but I think I have somewhere around 300ml of assorted juice sitting around.Because you just never know...

Yeah the tobacco flavors now days just make me go blehk.At first I really liked Sahara,but as my tastes changed it didn't become terrible,but became something I no longer wanted to vape.I still sample a few here and there,but havent found one yet that is something I want to buy more of.
    I didn't like the tobacco flavors at first.  I was a menthol smoker, so went just with straight mentol, then I feel in love with the fruity, sweet flavors.  Found myself vaping way too much, LOL... just couldn't get enough.  So I started filling in with some tobacco flavors, mainly because it slows me down.  It reminds me more of an anolog and not a sweet treat. 
    @Cynsonya yep that's what I meant,I have that many charged ready to go with a tank or cart attached so I just say hmm,vanilla time and pick it up.
  • joyfulriverajoyfulrivera Posts: 1,410Member
    I used to work out 3-4x's a week, but now I have degenerative disc disease. I had initially gained a lot of weight, but I've lost 10lbs since I've started vaping...never put the two together! hmmm....
    :-?
    @joyfulrivera...that's great. 10lbs is quite a bit:)
  • murphyinsightmurphyinsight Posts: 834Member
    It's been almost 4 months for me, and I have lost about 35lbs so far, and still losing.  My Dr is thrilled with my vaping and is twice as pleased because it has not only taken the place of cigs, but also most of the junk food I was eating.  I make lollipops and let myself have one once in a while, but for the most part when my sweet tooth talks to me I can have a vape and quiet it.
    @murphyinsight...WOOO HOOO 35lbs!!! Now that's what I'm talking about, lol. Dang that's AWESOME!!!
    I thought I might lose 5lbs or so when I noticed I was able to tighten my belt a little more, because I'm disabled and have not been able to exercise.  I was blown away when I got to 20lbs, and now I just shake my head every time the Dr tells me I lost more....  It makes me wonder just how much I must have been eating!  It adds up when you eat in front of the tv or computer.
    @murphyinsight sounds like ur in the same boat as me...its really hard to loose weight when ur disabled. ecig weight loss! woohoo!
    =P~
    There are quite a few of us disabled on this forum. It's nice to know we can still always do something to better our health, even if it's subbing a vape for a peice of candy. 
  • cmackdowncmackdown Posts: 53Member
    What I really thought was neat... I used to chew Big Red gum, but after some extensive dental work that was impossible to do. 
    Recently stumbled upon a flavor that comes insanely close to my beloved Big Red... and vape it!

I know it's not nearly as cool as using vaping as a diet aid, but it's literally been 10 years since I've been able to chew gum! Didn't know how much I missed it till I tried this flavor!

Next one to try? Fruit Stripe! :)
    Good going Murphyinsight that is a big and great accomplishment. Even better when it's a surprise
    :>.  I still am eating Ice cream maybe I'd get some lbs off if I could find an ice cream flavor I liked.
    Cool @cmackdown. I am having a terrible time finding "that one special flavor." You know the one "go to" juice that always satisfys you.
    I've been wanting to try juicy fruit...mmmm
    Good going Murphyinsight that is a big and great accomplishment. Even better when it's a surprise
    :>.  I still am eating Ice cream maybe I'd get some lbs off if I could find an ice cream flavor I liked.
    I'm ordering a strawberry ice cream vape today...love this vendor..I'm sure its gonna be soo good. (strawberry ice cream is one of my biggest weaknesses)

I wonder if there's a beer and brat flavored e-juice. That would help me lose weight! image

Joyfulrivera I sent you a PM
    @daddycat you can get the beer vape on sale at v4l, as for the brat..ur on ur own :D
    jeez, getting hungry now. why does this forum always make me hungry?
    Think "blue crab vape juice" and your hunger will go far far away...

I don't  know why that would happen @joyfulrivera :D

Brats? Just because some kids are brats doesn't mean they should be vaporized...all though there are a few neighborhood brats around here that vaporizing them might be the only solution. 8-}

• mrtmrt Posts: 5,407Member ✭✭✭

It's a German sausage, bratwurst = brat.  Some very good ones are made here in WI.  There is a tune by Those Darn Accordians called "The First Bratwurst of Summer". 

I've already grilled brats a dozen times this year, brats and beer (O'Doul's Amber) with beans and German potato salad is a feast fit for a vaper!

@mrt I love Bratwurst,I eat them waaay to often.Something I should cut down on for sure.
    I was just giving @DaddyCat a hard time :D

mrt's sense of humor is rather dry sometimes, might be he was pulling your leg @Dizzy. Maybe he needs another beer. image

• mrtmrt Posts: 5,407Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Another O'Doul's Amber please.  And then an onion mettwurst sliced thin and fried.
    edited June 2012

O'Doul's Amber is pretty damn good, I'll have one too!

You guys can have the O'Doul's...I'll take the blonde on the right... :x

That young lady IS Amber O'Doul :D
  • cmackdowncmackdown Posts: 53Member
    And just that quick, this thread went to crap. ROFL. 

/cheers

:))