18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
Zig-Zag Vaporizers Zig-Zag vaporizers are a modern take on an iconic brand, with a style as individual as yours.

Ego twist questions urgent

ibarns64ibarns64 Posts: 88Member
edited June 2012 in The World of E-Cigarettes
I just got my 1000mah ego twist in the mail. I have a few questions.

-when i opened it and tried to use it with the smoktech tank and cliked the button the light blinked 3 times. I tried hitting it 5 times to turn it on or offrr but iy doesnt work. I put it on the charger.

-how do i know when its charged? Right now the light is a solid green.

-how long does it take to charge?

-The tanks dont fit on the ego 100% snug like it has the ability to twist around.

Any help would be appreciated as i have alot of stress when it comes to these types of things

Comments

• truckertrucker Posts: 287Member
    edited June 2012
    it charges when the light goes away it sounds like it just needs charge u won't get anything if its not fully charged cuz of the amps
  • maverick101maverick101 Posts: 191Member
    edited June 2012
    I've had my 650 & 900 twists since wednesday. Not sure what to say about the lights on the button blinking. Maybe it was you turning it on. I'm sure they arrived turned off. There probly is some charge on them when they send them out.You should though charge it for like an hour. When clicking 5 times (on/off) the light will blink 3 times. I use a 500 ma charger on mine. My 900 mah takes roughly 2 to 3hrs to charge from dead.the light blinks like 10 times when it is out of power.
  • ibarns64ibarns64 Posts: 88Member
    how do i know when it is done charging? the light is still solid on the charger
    I guess it depends on the charger. My charger led is red while charging and turns green when charged. I use a 500 mah quick charger on my 900 mah batt and the led was green after a couple hours. If your using a lower rated charger on a 1000 mah battery. I'd say it would be charged after 3 or 4hrs. I don't have a 1000 mah batt though so, I'm not real sure.just a guess. These twisters have safety features.it will not over charge.it won't hurt it to leave it on the charger after its fully charged.
    edited June 2012

Deleted
    edited June 2012
    Maybe someone else with a twister has a better answer

this is bull. when i plug it into the charger it stays solid green. it was on for 4 hours. when i screw the tank on it flashes 3 times no matter what i do. 5 clicks, 10 seconds. nothing. when i take the tank off there is no battery response whatsoever. this is rediculous.
    Hmmm.not sure what to say
    Try and click it 5 times again. the light will blink 3 times. Press the button once.if the light goes on then it will be on. if not, then the battery is off. If it's off click the button 5 times. The light should blink 3 times.
    i emailed gotvapes CS and they better send me a new one. im really angry.
  • FuryFury Posts: 204Member
    As for the tank fit on the Ego, I take the drip tip off and press my thumb to the top of the cart to tighten the threads.  The tank will still rotate around the cart but the cart will be tight to the battery.
    Also, don't be angry, sometimes you get a dud.
    well im angry. lol. i hate it because shit like this always happens to me. they better send me one that works.
    I'm sure they will take care of you.
  • dBdB Posts: 731Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012

@ibarns64, was that a ST 1.5ohm DCT?  If so, does it work if you set the voltage down to something under 3.7 volts, or with any other higher resistance carto?  I could be wrong, but guessing if it was a 1.5ohm DCT, the Twist may have sensed it as a short.  Or if the volts were set above 3.7, then it maybe is having a high-amp safety cut-off issue.

Anyone have success with ST low-ohm DCTs on a Twist?  Not suggesting anyone try it, but just curious if anyone already has and if so, does it work above 3.7 volts?  

it was a smoktech DC 1.5ohm tank. absintheur reccomended it all to me and i just went with it.
  • emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,294V2 Veteran ✭✭
    @ibarns64  For what it's worth...I'm not as fond of the 1.5 ohm DCs.  Personal opinion.  I started out with them, but between burning through juice quick, and burning through battery charges faster...I went with the 2 ohm DCs when and if I use them, now.  Mostly now I prefer single horizontal bottom coil cartomizers (but I do still use single top coil Clearomizers sometimes, too).. Also, I found that not all equipment was very happy trying to work with the 1.5 ohms DCs.  I do have a few left lying around, but they are not my favored ones for tanks or for cartomizers. 

@dB may have a point about the voltage on your Twist. You might want to adjust the voltage.  Hubby got his Twist yesterday from another vendor (better price too! lol!)  and it was fully charged on arrival.  He's really liking his a LOT.  He's a relatively new vaper and has discovered he seems to get along better with the big battery types like the Twist or the Volt X2 vGos because they don't hit as harsh for him.  He tends to favor voltages under 3.7 right now.
  • murphyinsightmurphyinsight Posts: 834Member
    I would call CS and talk to them about it, if they cannot help you get it working they should send you a new one.  I hope you work out the issue, good luck to you and keep us posted.
    edited June 2012

Hi Emma  :-h  Ah OK, and also seeing others using ST low-ohm DCTs on their Twist on ECF as well, so suppose others are having success using them together.  Posted a question on there about the high-amp safety cut-off on there as well for ya asking how well they fire above 2.5 amps.  I'm still curious about that part.  

Hope it all works out for ya @ibarns64
  • AbsintheurAbsintheur Posts: 6,422V2 Veteran ✭✭
    As I told him in a pm no company is perfect and sometimes a dud does slip through. I know it is frustrating but it happens. Some folks seem to be snakebit when it comes to electronic equipment...

my guess from what I have read is a short in the connector, Got Vapes is very good about taking care of problems...but they are not mind readers, you need to contact them for them to be able to help you. And remember the person who answers the phone did not look for a broken device to send you just to mess with your head. Be polite to customer service and they will be polite with you and take care of the problem.
    will do. i realized shit happens theres no reason to freak out.
  • MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 90Member

ibarns64, we all understand your frustrations.  Nothing like waiting for days in excitment to try out a new piece of equipment you have been dreaming about...... then it doesn't work!  Abs has given you great advice, just call CS and be a nice and poilte as possible.  They don't want you to have a negative experience anymore than you did. 

I expect when it gets resolved, you can tell us how much you are loving it!

gotvapes doesnt have a number to call i had to like file a complaint on some other website

Per their website, under contact us, you can submit a ticket.  I often find this the best way to contact any vendor.

STARTING IMMEDIATELY - ALL INQUIRIES MUST NOW GO THROUGH:

GotVapes Help Desk Support System

Also, please remember that we have an active and vibrant forum on ECF located at
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gotvapes
    Our forum has grown to one of the most active and helpful on ECF. There you can also relate your experiences and compare notes, so to speak, to get help/additional help. Both Chris and Daniel are there daily to

Just click the Help Desk Support System link and it will take you to where to submit your ticket. 
  • VbiegsVbiegs Posts: 155Member
    They are really good with concerns and getting back to you quickly. Hope it ges replaced.
    @mysticone yea i did that.

im not even worried anymore i have my v2 and im still happy with those. i can wait haha.

patience is a virtue.
    Good things come to those who wait!  Nothing wrong with V2 equipment.
  • JimboJimbo Posts: 312Member ✭✭
    edited June 2012

Going from your description of the problem, you have a near flat battery.  They are sent out fully charged but will lose charge in transit/storage so the charger should turn red when you connect it up (even if it only requires a small amount to top up when you first get it, it will still turn red).

If your battery light is solid green as soon as you plug it into the charger then it is either fully charged already or it is not charging.  With Ego batteries, when you plug them into the charger the battery light will flash five times and then the charger light will turn red. If the light stays green then the most likely cause is a poor contact. I find that giving the battery terminal contact a scratch with a knife solves this problem every time (the contact is the brass coloured raised section in the centre of the threaded section.  If the battery is switched off, then nothing will happen when you press the button (no light, nothing). If the battery is on (5 clicks) then the light will stay on while the button is depressed but will flash to indicate that the battery is low on charge.

the only light that is green is the one on the end of the usb charger where the battery connects. the light on the battery only blinks when i plug a tank in. but it only blinks 3 times no matter what i do. the light on the part of the charger that has the plug in it is red. idk what any of it means so im just gona have them send a new one

Have you used the charger before?  If not, it may be the charger that is the problem and not the battery.  Have you tried using the charger with the usb connection to a laptop or PC? It may be that the wall plug is faulty.

I have just plugged my battery onto charge and once again the light came on green straight away. I scratched the terminal with a pair of scisors and hey presto it works.

I think this is because a small build up of dried on juice gets onto the terminal and insulates it from charging.  

is it the light on the chord that has the usb on it or is it the light on the outlet plug that isnt connected to the usb cable?
    The light on the USB cord (right where you plug in your battery) should flicker slightly when you screw in your battery. After a second or so, the light on the battery will flash five times and the light on the USB cord should change to red.  Once the battery is charged, the light will turn to green. 
    yea theres no flash from the battery or anything. ill just get a new one its no biggie
    i talked to customer service and they said to send it back and they would replace it. i sent it this morning priority so hopefully i get a new oneby friday.
    Great to hear!  Let us know how you like it. 

@ibarns64, just to followup.  I finally got an answer back and it seems the Twist will operate at least up to 3 amps...anything above that still unkown.  So just to be on the safe side, I would avoid pushing it past 4.4 volts with ST 1.5ohm DCTs.  That setting will pull just under 3 amps on the batt and produce 12.9 watts that will be shared between the coils (about 6 and a half watts each).  Just FYI...pulling those kind of amps will wear out that battery pretty fast though...may want to invest in a higher resistance carto/tank setup if you want to vape your juice any hotter than that.  Good luck with your new Twist. 

Yea im going to have it at 4volts and not go above 4.2
    edited June 2012
    Awesome, my ST DCTs vape real nice at that voltage as well.  Happy vaping!
  • surphkid11surphkid11 Posts: 805Member
    edited October 2012
    @ibarns64 ibarnes64 DCT tanks can short out batteries easily especially egos. so it prob shorted it out wen u first used it. hope they sent u a new one!