18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Leaving ego twist in charger overnight?

ibarns64ibarns64 Posts: 88Member
edited July 2012 in The World of E-Cigarettes
I just bought an ego twist and i have the 500mah charger for it. would it be okay if i left it in the charger overnight or is there a possiblility of it overheating or breaking? Someone let me know im about to go to bed haha

Comments

• emelesteemeleste Posts: 5,293V2 Veteran ✭✭
    A bit late for you now....but it won't hurt to leave the Twist on it's proper charger overnight.  It has the same protections as the V2 and most other recently manufactured commercially sold e-cigs.  

I wouldn't leave any e-cig in a charger for 24 hours or more.  But overnight is fine.
  • ibarns64ibarns64 Posts: 88Member
    thanks! yea i plugged it in at around 9am this morning and its still charging. How long should it take for the 1000mah to fully charge?
  • TAP352TAP352 Posts: 953Member
    Does your charger have a light on it? The one I use for my twist has a light when it's charging the light is red when it's done the light goes to green. 

I've had my twist for about 1.5 months and I usually charge it before i go to bed so I leave it on overnight. But I only usually sleep for 5 or 6 hours but If you sleep for 8 or 9 I don't think it would be a problem. 

I have 3 other ego batteries and lately I have been waiting until they are dead before I charge them. With the twist I can usually get anywhere between 1.5 and 2 days on one charge. 
    yea i have the 500mah ego charger. its red right now and has a quick blink of green every 10 seconds or so.
    It takes a little while, @ibarns64   My hubby has one and we were a little surprised it took as long as it did as we have a "fast charger" for the eGo.  I think it took around 5 hours?  Maybe 6?  But when it starts blinking that often you were getting close at that point.  
    I don't think I have fully discharged mine but the longest it took to charge from what ever level it was at to full was around 3 hours. I should run it down then charge it to full to see how long it takes. 
    yea mine finished in about 3.5 hours but im assuming it was a little less than half way charged because i just used it after it came in the mail for the whole night
    Hubby's was blinking "dead" when he finally charged it.  He let it get away from him...enjoying the little dial thing and grooving with the vape!
    ITS SO MUCH MORE SATISFYING THAN A V2 aahhh its amazing it makes me not even want a cigarette <3
    I'm delighted you FINALLY got something that works and that works so well for you @ibarns64 !!!!

WOOT!!!!  image
    edited July 2012
    If you are going to buy a ego battery you sould just buy a ego twist. I know a site that has the 1000mah ego Twists for $22 and comes with 10ml of juice for free. So you are basically paying $15 for the twist and $6.95 for the juice. That is the best deal I have seen. 

The reason I say everyone should get a twist if you are going to get a ego battery is because with the twist you have the option to change the voltage. Even if you never change it and leave it at one setting at least you have the option to mess with it if you want to.  I mostly keep mine around 3.8v-4.2v when using LR and when using my Texas Tuff tank which has a 3.0 boge carto I take that thing all the way up to 4.8v. 

The only thing I would like to see improved with the Twist is if they could somehow make a passthrough. I'm sure there is a way they could do it. I also wonder how long until we see other companies pumping out knockoffs?  The twist has been out for about 3 months now and it seems to be selling well. 
  • CynsonyaCynsonya Posts: 5,762Member
    Wish I had got the twist. I got a plain ole egoT kit and hate it:( Not enough voltage. To weak of a vape for me. Sits in the box.
    edited July 2012
    @TAP352 i have the twist...look at first post :p
    @TAP352 i have the twist...look at first post :p
    I know I saw my post was just a general post regarding ego batteries. I was saying if you are going to get a ego you might as well grab a twist even if you never change the voltage. 

They are great aren't they ?
    ooohhhh my fault hahaa.

yea mine is amazing :D
    Well my ego battery just died. I think it lasted about a day and half on one charge but yesterday I did charge it for a a hour. So now I'm going to charge it up and see how long it goes from dead to full. 
    Going on 2 hours and 40 mins and it's still charging. Glad I have extra batteries
    ok so I just looked at my timer and it says 4 hours 30 mins. I left the room for about 35 mins so the light could have went green in that period. So I will say it takes around 4 hours for a ego twist 1000mah battery to go from empty to fulll. 
    lets keep this a secret guys and gals... the place that i bought my twist from already sent me a replacement.

I just got ANOTHER one in the mail..free of charge. I beleive it was God's present to me for putting me through the return shit.. it works well :)
  • dBdB Posts: 731Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    @TAP352, could you PM me a link to that eGo Twist deal please.  TIA. :)>-
    lets keep this a secret guys and gals... the place that i bought my twist from already sent me a replacement.

I just got ANOTHER one in the mail..free of charge. I beleive it was God's present to me for putting me through the return shit.. it works well :)
    A lot of vendors are cool as sh** I've had two separate vendors give me replacements on batteries that died a week in. Also v2 is very cool with their warranty I had a problem with my battery and barely had to explain the problem and they sent me a new one. 
  • JimboJimbo Posts: 312Member ✭✭
    edited July 2012
    I use EGO T 1000 mAh batteries and I cycle through two batteries by having one in use and one on charge.  I find I get the best vape for about three to four hours then it starts to die off a little. That is when I swop for a fully charged battery. Because I don't run my batteries down, they charge in about an hour. I have three spare 1000mAh batteries unopened in the cupboard at home plus two 500mAh batteries which I purchased with my first kit.  There is no difference between the 500 and 1000s as far a vapour goes but they don't last as long. I use the EGO C system which is the same as EGO T apart from the fact that you can change just the attie head (dead easy) so it is way cheaper.  Typically an attie head will last me between four and seven days and they work out less than a buck each. A full tank will give me about three hours of heavy vaping and I usually use new two tanks for each attie change because after a day or two the seal over the attie becomes loose and you get leakage.  I don't do any cleaning apart from the odd wipe with a tissue over the contacts when i change batteries. I haven't tried V2 so I can't comment on comparisons but I have been smoke free for 15 weeks and 4 days now after 35 years of pretty heavy smoking. I use a mix of Menthol and Tobacco flavoured juice as I find tobacco a bit bland (little throat hit) and Menthol too strong (too much throat hit). By mixing them 50/50 I get something pretty close to what I used to smoke when I was on the logs. I also quite like chewing gum flavour as well.  My nicotine level in 36mg which I gather is quite high by most peoples standards but it works for me and I don't miss the logs one bit. As for charging batteries, you can leave them plugged in forever if you want. They are only chaging when the red light is on so there is no safety risk.