18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Seems I take more puffs with Ecigs than I did with real ones, is that normal

charly1954charly1954 Posts: 144Member ✭✭

I been using V2 Ecigs for about 2 wks now. Before I averaged about 1/2 pack/day. Unlike most smokers, I never smoked a whole real cig in one sitting. I would take 3-4 puffs, enough to kill my nic craving, then drop it in a buttsnuffer. I would lite it up about 3-4 times before it was gone. So I suppose I got on average 12 puffs/cig. At 10 per day thats about120 puffs/day.

I haven't kept track of how many puffs I take a day with the Ecig, but it seems allot more than real smoking. I may have to keep count to find out if I do or not. Now I have been also smoking 2 real cigs per/day, hard to toss them. Anyway, Is this normal with everyone else to take more puffs with Ecigs when trying to get off real cigs.

Comments

• dac311dac311 Posts: 414Member ✭✭
    Yes, very normal. I vape way more than I ever smoked.
  • jukiejukie Posts: 1,492Member ✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Hells yeah!! \:D/
  • mattofalltradesmattofalltrades Posts: 70Member

make sure you get the high (18) nicotine.  when you get that urge to smoke, make sure you always have a full battery handy and puff away on your v2 till it's gone.  don't over-do it though!  nicotine is addictive, highly such, and vaping your butt off even after the cravings have been subdued will build up an even higher tolerance.  but hey, vaping a lot is better than smoking a little anyday.

• amoreamore Posts: 2,194Member ✭✭
    It takes more puffs/drags with an e-cig to get the amount of nic you were getting from a tobacco cig when you first start vaping. It takes 30 seconds for the nic to reach your brain compared to burning tobacco cigs taking maybe 5 seconds. There are studies on this but I just woke up so if no one else posts the studies then I will come back later after my coffee kicks in :D

• jukiejukie Posts: 1,492Member ✭✭
    and a good point to remember is that one cartridge does not equal a pack of logs, it's 7 or 8 logs depending on how you vape
  • k31scoutk31scout Posts: 8Member
    Yes, a little bit the first week. Now I like to take 3 drags and let it rest for a while.  When I smoked Marlboros I felt obligated to smoke the whole thing.  
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    normal
  • mattofalltradesmattofalltrades Posts: 70Member

just use em side by side, use the v2 when u can't smoke., and so far, 4 out of 4 of my friends who started v2 within the past week are reaching for the ecig more than the regs.  in fact they all said after a day or two the real cig starts to gross them out.  

taking big hits is key too..  i take a really long, slow puff in my mouth, then inhale it.  that big vapor and "throat hit" as they say, will do the trick. 

• JmanJman Posts: 3,050Member
    Agreed - it is normal. I vape way more than I smoked at my peak.

Compelled to add that if we lived in world where you could smoke anywhere (includes your own home, indoors), I'm not sure it would be the norm. Seeing that many of us either can't or chose not to smoke in own home, I think that is significant reason why people vape way more than they smoke(d). 
  • GMoneyGMoney Posts: 62Member
    edited December 2012
    The other thing is that with e-cig there's no deadline to finish...it
    Doesn't burn out.  So at least at first, you may tend vape at the same rate youre used to with
    Analogs where you'd have to puff and puff to get those 12 or so drags.  I vape more than I smoked, but my puff rate is coming down lately as my vaping becomes more relaxed.  I vape way more often with a lower puff rate and fewer puffs per session. 
  • vapegal123vapegal123 Posts: 1Member

I been using V2 Ecigs for about 2 wks now. Before I averaged about 1/2 pack/day. Unlike most smokers, I never smoked a whole real cig in one sitting. I would take 3-4 puffs, enough to kill my nic craving, then drop it in a buttsnuffer. I would lite it up about 3-4 times before it was gone. So I suppose I got on average 12 puffs/cig. At 10 per day thats about120 puffs/day.

I haven't kept track of how many puffs I take a day with the Ecig, but it seems allot more than real smoking. I may have to keep count to find out if I do or not. Now I have been also smoking 2 real cigs per/day, hard to toss them. Anyway, Is this normal with everyone else to take more puffs with Ecigs when trying to get off real cigs.

1-2-13 Yes, I think I vape more than I smoked.  Maybe because it's so new to me.When I smoked, I smoked about 1/2 pk. a day.  Only been vaping for about a month. Enjoy it.  Got to vape on New Years Eve indoors (it was freezing outside) while having our cocktail and bringing in the New Year.  What state do you live in?  I'm in California-Riverside County. Would like to share stories.  Vape Gal.

• DustDust Posts: 28Member

Yeah... sad to say, I vape ALLLL day long. As long as my battery is charged and there's liquid to vape, I'm huffing and puffing all day long. Usually several times a day my batteries will die out, or I misplace them, and then I take a break. :-)

Another strange thing... the times when I don't vape, for whatever reason, I never fiend for nicotine. I can wait until I can vape again without the anxiety I would have felt as a cigarette smoker.

• CynsonyaCynsonya Posts: 5,804Member
    Same here @Dust. Strange that we are stll nicotine addicts but no longer have that, "I am gonna choke someone if I don't smoke" feeling.
  • obbyobby Posts: 16Member
    Ah, I vape 24mg e-liquids, When I'm working a particularly tough problem, I just take a few puffs and lean back for a minute. Then I find myself more focused and able to work better. I do though vape a lot, but its all out of pure pleasure for me.
  • missjaxxmissjaxx Posts: 82Member ✭✭
    I've been off analogs for almost 4 months. I vape a lot more than if I were smoking analogs. The thing that turned me off from smoking more with analogs was the smell of them (which is incredibly nasty to me now). I'd say.. it's completely normal. :)