18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

How Much Nicotine is Absorbed from Vaping?

Been reading all sorts of blogs and studies that say nicotine absorbtion from vaping is anywhere from near zero, to 40% of that you would get from an analog.

Does anyone have a recent, credible study?  

Comments

• amoreamore Posts: 2,194Member ✭✭
    This Doctor says it depends on the person vaping and/or the delivery device used. It is a 2 year old article so i will keep looking. http://forums.webmd.com/3/smoking-cessation-exchange/forum/603

Here is a interesting discussion about the nic in vapor being absorbed. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ask-veterans/344166-e-liquid-nicotine-consumption-table-vaping-method.html

Sorry someone else will have to find actual studies because I failed :(
  • MikeVMikeV Posts: 511Member
    edited February 2013
    @amore - both interesting.  I think it is safe to say from most I have read including the links here is that vaping delivers less nicotine, but how much less is not certain and it does depend on the user's technique and frequency, juice, and hardware.  

Look forward to more studies.

[-O<
  • gotolamgotolam Posts: 525Member
    Near zero is a stretch.  I get blinding headaches when i chain vape 18mg....not so when i do 12 or 6.  But at six, i almost always crave a real cigarette.  For me at least, my body is certainly getting nicotine. 
    @gotolam - I agree.  I vape 18 and 24.  To be honest with you, I feel more of a nicotine satisfaction than with cigarettes.. but maybe that is psychological wishful thinking.  IDK.  My wife vapes 6 and I told her that she should vape higher nic content since she still smokes way to many ciggies.  

She says higher than 6 is too strong for her - supposedly she can taste the difference. WTF.  To be honest with you, I have no clue as to whether she could distinguish between 6, 12 or 18 as far as taste is concerned.  But then, I don't vape anything lighter than 18 so how would I know?  LOL
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    @MikeV there have been alot of people who have stepped down from 18-12mg to 6-0mg and complained there's a loss of flavor. I don't know why this is but it's been often reported to be the case. My straight nicotine liquid has a subtle smell, seems nicotine must boost/enhance flavors somehow. You might try mixing 6mg with 12mg juice for your wife so she can try the 9mg result.  
  • DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    As for your original question, all I know is the nicotine I'm getting from my 12mg vape is doing something. I quit smoking 2 days after getting my starter kit. If I wasn't getting the same nicotine as I was when I smoked I seriously doubt I'd be an ex smoker today.
    edited February 2013
    @DaddyCat - agreed.  I have both 18 and 24 mg and I swear I can tell the difference in nic strength. But I haven't put the same juice with, say 18 and 6 mg strength,  side by side and performed a taste taste. 

Unfortunately, the wife and I don't have the same preferences in taste so I never buy the same juice in 2 different strengths.  But maybe that isn't such a bad thing, since she won't be dipping into my juice stash when she forgets to have me order her more!

=))
  • CynsonyaCynsonya Posts: 5,803Member
    I started vaping 18mg. I tried 12, couldn't taste it at all. No th. I tried 6 someone sent me and it was like breathing air, not vaping. I mixed 18 and 12 to get a 15 and it worked fine. That's where I am stuck. Hoping to go to 12mg sometime.
    I started at 18 went to 15 then 12 now i am at 6. I only step down in strength when the nic starts giving me headaches or a sick feeling.
  • MSmith447MSmith447 Posts: 149Member
    Very informative... I vape 6 too with the goal to get to zero one of these days..
  • Rwp7Rwp7 Posts: 213Member ✭✭
    Started with 12 and it's working. Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
  • TheSmokinSquirrelTheSmokinSquirrel Posts: 774Member
    18mg  in  tobacco,  12mg for  everything  else

But,  because red  hots  taste  so  damn  good, I'm  thinking  I'd  better drop  that one  down  to  6  or  even  zero...I  can't  stop tooting  on  that  one!  lol
  • sdoddsdodd Posts: 1,174Member ✭✭
    15 on my favs...12 for my gotta slow down vapes :)
  • charly1954charly1954 Posts: 144Member ✭✭

No idea but I do know this for sure!

With real cigs when you really needed a hit, the NIC, TAR, and other bad Chemicals go into your system right away within a split second. With Vaping it takes a few seconds for the NIC to hit and the NIC urge to go away.

So I am guessing you don't absorb as much NIC from Vaping as you do from a real cig. Which is actually good.

One thing I wonder though.

The juice is sweet, PG and VG taste a little sugary. So when it hits your lungs I wonder if it sticks to the lungs since its sticky from glucose. Therefore the NIC in the glucose maybe still be absorbing into your system 5-10 minutes after you stop vaping.

• MSmith447MSmith447 Posts: 149Member
    Also want to mention... at least with ecigs, it may take longer to get the nic hit, but we are avoiding 1,000 other terrible chemicals that are in analogs... So I'm happier with that. :)