18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

How legal is e-liquid on an airplane?

Mjd1213Mjd1213 Posts: 165Member
I'm moving in about 8 days now on my own from California up to Washington state, and i'm only packing a few things, my ecig supplies being one of them. I tried researching elsewhere but all I could find was how it's illegal to use an ecig on a plane (understandable) but my question is, am I allowed to bring bottles of e-liquid? I'd hate to ship them and wait days after my arrival to receive my things :(

Comments

• CynsonyaCynsonya Posts: 5,762Member
    edited May 2013
    Pack as much as you want in your checked luggage. If just taking a carry on it must be in the quart size ziplock baggie with any other liquids/lotions etc and be under the specified allowable liquid amount (which I think is 3oz.).
  • Mjd1213Mjd1213 Posts: 165Member
    Ok awesome. Well i'm young (20), I haven't been on a plane since I was a little kid and I couldn't find any info on it haha. Thanks a bunch

• DrewskyDrewsky Posts: 1,947Member ✭✭
    What Cynsonya said is accurate. I've travelled twice (?) by plane with e-cigs without a problem, but only took a small amount in my carry-on. I was more worried about the batteries being flagged than the juice. Luckily I didn't have to explain what they were. If you bring your V2 batteries, it says 'cigs' imprinted on the batteries, so that would make it easier.
  • MikeVMikeV Posts: 511Member
    edited May 2013
    Currently, the FAA doesn't allow vaping on commercial flights.   I don;t think they will ever allow a substance that resembles smoke to be generated by flyers, even if they could get past the looks of an ecig.  The jury will always be out on second hand vape and health risks associated with vaping, which is where they seem to be hanging their star right now.  But in the end, its the vapor being produced in the cabin and close appearance to smoke that will probably prevent its use on commercial flights now, and probably for a long, long time in the future.
    Well its only a 2 hour flight so I can wait, Im just concerned about my overpriced eliquid making the trip with me lol
  • LeapingFrogsLeapingFrogs Posts: 393Member

So, here's what I know... take your ecig apart. Put the batteries in one ziplock bag and put your carto's and liquids in another bag. Make sure they're in the manufacturers bottle just to make things easy. As long as your TOTAL liquid in your carry on is less than 3oz's you're fine. The TSA is pretty well trained on ecigs and mods, they do know what they are and what they're used for. You can pack as much liquid as you'd like into your checked luggage.

And, welcome to Washington State! I've lived in Seattle for 46 years and I still love it. I don't always love the cold and rain, but on days when the sun is out and it's warm... there's no place more beautiful in the whole world! <3

A word to the wise, if you're moving to King County (Seattle area) vaping is illegal in all the same places smoking is. You can't vape in bars, parks, etc.. however, I happen to know of a few cool pubs that buck the system and let you vape 'em if you got 'em... they'd rather have you vaping inside and drinking than standing outside in the rain driving neighboring businesses crazy. LOL.

Haha thanks . Yeah thats one of the first things I researched when I planned my move lol. I came from Elk Grove, CA and I lived around the corner from one of the most beautiful parks ever. Had a lake and fountains and ducks and squirrels and what not and most of my free time is spent by the lake, vaping, making music :) kinda bummed I cant do much of that here :/ but hey its a new start and thats all I need :) thanks for the welcome !
  • CynsonyaCynsonya Posts: 5,762Member
    So have you made the move now? How did the vaping equipment and juice make it through tsa?
  • APKhaosAPKhaos Posts: 152Member ✭✭
    Rolled through TSA this AM with 3 batteries a couple of clearos and 2 25ml bottles of juice all in my briefcase. No problem.