18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
Zig-Zag Vaporizers Zig-Zag vaporizers are a modern take on an iconic brand, with a style as individual as yours.

What is the difference between the blanks?

Hey, what's the difference between all the v2 blank cartridges? I want to buy some but there are 3 different kinds and I'm not sure which one to get! I just ran into an E-cig city! It was like a wine tasting bar for juices!! Crazy! I bought some delicious five pawns juice called "gambit" omg it was soooooo good! Now I just have to get the proper blank.... Thanks!!!!

Comments

• DaddyCatDaddyCat Posts: 6,786Member ✭✭✭✭
    The EX and Liquimax have had good and bad reviews. Some failure to fire, dry burnt hits, gurgling (flooded center tubes) and early failures have been reported with both the clearos. Some folks have suffered leakage with the Liquidmax. With all that there alot of people that have had great experiences with both clearos and love them.  Variations in manufacturing would seem the most likely explanation.   It is nice to see the juice in your carto.

The white blanks (non see through) are excellent, rugged, don't leak and many (myself included) think tobacco flavors taste better in these polyfilled type cartomizers.  They don't allow you to see how much juice is left however.

If you can, I suggest you try all three and see which you prefer. Personally the polyfilled blanks are my favorite but I only vape tobacco flavors.
  • al27al27 Posts: 39Member
    Thanks daddycat! I'll definitely get some of the polyfill ones you recommended.. Is the only difference between the clear ones the size? The liquidmax says "maximum vapor", is this just because of the size? I thought that had more to do with battery... Hmmm... Still learning. I still need to learn to identify the "burnt" taste when a carto is empty, I really don't want to waste any of this new juice I bought. It was $30! Omg but I fell in love at first inhale and handed over my wallet lol~ I know I'm soooooooo new so I looked up a review AFTER I bought it, but this review guy said it pretty well (can I add a link? Not sure..) http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-reviews/427119-five-pawns-gambit.html. I can't wait to really dive in and try everything!!
  • tolerancetolerance Posts: 467Member ✭✭

@al27

I fill cartos, too, Al.   I don't wait till I think they are empty.  I top them off frequently.  That way I never burn one.  I just have a routine of rotating my carts and batts.

You will find what works best for you and the learning part is fun!

Pat

edited August 2013
    I agree with Pat (tolerance). I don't vape a carto untill I taste anything burning but that refill time schedule is something you learn over time. I rotate 3 cartos and batteries through the day and only occasionally will I need to top off a carto.  Weekends I vape more so I may refill my cartos in the middle of the day. If I notice reduced flavor and vapor I know it's time to refill and maybe recharge my batteries. My standard batteries seem to last about as long as a well filled carto.

As for the difference between the Liquimax and EX, the EX has a screw on mouth cap while the L-max has a slip on.  "maximum vapor" is simply advertising and should be taken with a grain of salt. Again, some people love the L-max and EX while others were very unhappy with them.

Oh I forgot to mention, it seems auto batteries are less ideal than the manual batteries on the L-max.  Don't know why but that's what I'm seeing reported.
  • AbsintheurAbsintheur Posts: 6,422V2 Veteran ✭✭
    I have always preferred the horizontal coil Kanger cartomizers over all other toppers for my V2 batteries. Mostly it is just personal preference tho, I would suggest trying all the available options and see what works best for you.
  • CynsonyaCynsonya Posts: 5,761Member
    edited August 2013
    ^^That's^^ what I use for my V2 batts. 2.4ohm ones.

@cynsonya

@Absintheur

from EVC or????

thanks in advance.

Tol

I've always used 2.8ohm blanks but I am going to try some 2.4s. The lower resistance (ohms) should make for a warmer vape. VK does not seem to carry 2.4s but I see EVC does. Hoping to also learn  Cynsonya's source too.
    Ok I feel a little more informed :) I'm not yet familiar with the other brands you mentioned but I will get the hang of it in time!! So much to learn! Why would someone prefer a slip on cap verses a screw on? Seems like a silly thing to make an entirely new product for, but I've never seem or used them in person. So if I am reading correctly can you use different brand blank cartridges with the v2 or did I misunderstand?? Sorry for my newbie-ness!!!
    Yes @tolerance, that's where I get them.
    edited August 2013
    @al27 many companies rebrand Kanger cartomizers with their own name (at least I believe this is true).  V2 blanks are very similar to Kanger and may be made by Kanger (or not).  Regardless V2's blanks (polyfilled) are very good.
    As for the slip on vs screw on caps, the slip on (Liquimax) was V2's first clearo and after suggestions from users they went to the screw on cap.
    Oh awesome! Thanks for the explanation :)
    So I'm DEFINITELY ordering some of the poly blanks daddycat likes, they're already in my shopping cart... But I want to order one of the clears just to try too, so which one should I try? I see good and bad reviews on both! Which one do you recommend?
    @al27 the Lmax are on sale/clearance so you may want to save a few $ and try them.

I love the LMax!  I've very very few problems w/ them and those could be attributed to operator error!

• AbsintheurAbsintheur Posts: 6,422V2 Veteran ✭✭
    great...now they are spamming individual threads...
  • KetendraKetendra Posts: 48Member
    @al27 between the slip on cap and the screw on cap, I actually like them both.  When I am out of the house, shopping and such I prefer the screw on since I slip my V2 into my back pocket.  But at work and home (I have a desk job, and I have a coffee cup at both work and home I keep my V2 in) I prefer the slip on cap so I can refill as need quickly and easily with minimal interruptions.  

I work at a very small company (around 20 people).  All of my bosses, including the office manager, the CEO and the President (3 different people) are all within sight of me most of the time.  They do not mind me vaping at my desk, but I don't think they would approve of me spending too much time refiling or messing with it too much, with the screw tops if the fluid gets on the threads sometimes you have to get it cleaned off or the seal isn't as good.  

so people have different reasons for picking the screw on vs the slip on tops
    Cool! I just ordered some poly blanks and some Lmax blanks. I also ordered a sample pack from five pawns (yum) has anyone else ever tried their stuff? They're all total dessert flavors, so probably won't use during the day but for after dinner totally!! I chose the .6mg strength, right now everything I have is 1.2 and 1.8.... Is there a big visible difference between .6 & 1.2? I just don't want to be kept awake all night if I'm puffing away late. :)
  • DrewskyDrewsky Posts: 1,947Member ✭✭
    It's not a bad idea to lower your nic intake close to bedtime, @al27, or if you find yourself chain vaping. I know vaping 18% before bed keeps some people awake.
    Sure there's a noticeable difference between .6 and 1.8, .6 is 1/3 the strength (nicotine) of the 1.8
    I'll be curious if you find a loss of flavor at the lower nic level, this seems to be a common effect. Seems the nicotine acts like seasoning in food, a large reduction in seasoning can make you wonder "where did the flavor go?"
    Couldn't agree more @DaddyCat and @8083!
  • CrueLworLDCrueLworLD Posts: 84Member ✭✭
    Been vaping Slurm all day in a 1.8ohm clearo at 4.2 volts. :) My 2.4ohm head got a little clogged just after vaping 12ml of avl juices. They must be heavy vg or something. Got that head soaking in vodka now. Oh well, the 1.8 seems to perform better anyway.
  • CrueLworLDCrueLworLD Posts: 84Member ✭✭
    Crap! I posted in the wrong thread lol. Meant to go in the what are you vaping thread. :)
    Yes their juice is high VG. I can't remember now how much. Too many danged vendors.