18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

V2cigs Website Outage!

Comments

• vwfixvwfix Posts: 42Member
    I am really frustrated, i made order on 3/15 and paid 30 bucks for overnight shipping, and money has been charged to my account and nobody can tell me if my order is even on record or if it has been lost in the upgrade.

I am also a Sys Admin and in this situations you should always use a staging server and just change DNS pointers that way if all goes to hell you can switch back to original in a few hours max.
  • PepperjackPepperjack Posts: 115Member
    Don't worry. They will make it right!
    Not really since i bought this as a Birthday Gift and Birthday is tomorrow.
  • redskin191redskin191 Posts: 41Member

Dear Andries,

Your silence since your "update" on the 15th is deafening.

Oh. Well, I'm sure they will give you a $5 credit or something. Just bear with them. They will make it right somehow.
  • VapinitaVapinita Posts: 746Member
    I placed a menthol 80-cart order after midnight (3/17/11 at 12:36 a.m.) to take advantage of the St. Patrick's Day discount. I never did see the 25% savings reflected in the order total, so I emailed Stephanie this morning to ask what I should do to get the discount. However, before I received a (prompt) reply from her, I received an email from V2 stating that my order was 'awaiting shipment' and another less than an hour later stating my order had 'shipped'. (that's fast!)

Stephanie was able to intervene and cancel the order before it was picked up by FedEx and she contact me with that information. I then placed an order for four 20-carts since V2 is not showing the 80-cart orders at the sale price. The total reflected the 25% discount plus I was able to use a discount code on top of that. At 12:35 p.m., I received the order confirmation email. At 1:48, I received the "awaiting shipment" email. I am optimistic that I will receive notice soon that my corrected order has been shipped since the first one went through the system so quickly.
  • MorrisMorris Posts: 30Member
    So again are you shipping orders or what is it?
    If that is a fact Vapinita, all these others who still have orders "awaiting fullfillment" have even more cause to be furious.
    What about others like me showing no orders at all. Sucks
    They are shipping some orders Morris. You just can't see the status if you ordered before today.
    I can't even get the tracking for my replacement battery............and now my only other battery is acting up. Damn.
    I just cant believe their website itself has no warnings at all about issues, it should be on front page and under news section.
    Just bear with them. They are going through growing pains. There was a holiday and they will have everything in stock probably by the end of the week. They will make it right. And if not the Easter sale is right around the corner. That sale will have all the orders placed in eggs and then the day of the sale V2 will forget where they hid them.
  • negsnegs Posts: 81Member
    Hmmmm .... All of the sudden everybody's a System Admin or IT guru. Funny how that works.
    Makes sense to me, I would figure early adopter of e cigs would be tech people.
    And there are a lot of smokers in IT
  • ST1TCHST1TCH Posts: 11Member
    I'm upset I can't see my order, but I have faith they will set everything right just give them time.
    No! They will not "set everything right." They will make it right!
  • dale88dale88 Posts: 39Member
    I placed order at 3:50am had issues logging in but got the e-mail with link to change my password and everything went fine, placed order and when I got home today at 4:00pm got an e-mail that my order has shipped already. 
    They are having issues but will get fixed just give them some time.  Still the best product for me. 
    Yeah, negs. All both of them. Where do you get "everybody" from? Funny indeed.................
    imageimage
    Just some humor to change the mood i have faith in V2
  • ST1TCHST1TCH Posts: 11Member
    Lol gave me a chuckle Morris. Thanks.
    Anything worth having is worth waiting for. (credit for this phrase goes to many sources)
  • kymkym Posts: 7Member
    I spoke to Mike who told me that the order I placed on the 9th was never shipped. He said he would get it processed as soon as he could and said that I should recieve it by tuesday. That is the 22nd. I am relativly new to this program. I ordered the starter kit and recieved it in one week as promised. When I decided to continue with the program because the product was great I placed my order for more cartridges. Now hereI sit with 2 good batteries and no cartridges to use. I was diagnosed with emphesema and I cant smoke anymore. I have smoked less than a pack of regular ciggs since I started this program. I am really empressed with the product, but I am very upset with the order difficulty. I understand that ther is a problem with the website,but there should be a back up plan for when the computers go on the frits. I looked all over town for cartridges to no avail. I did find some e juice at a local smoke shop and I am refilling my cartridges by my self untill I get my cartridges. I had so much hope 2 days after I got my kit, but my hope has disolved into anger with the lack of ability to overcome a website problem. I hope that someone reads this and take steps to use pen and paper when computer problems arise. The world survived a long time without computers and I believe that a company should go to the ends of the earth to preserve the customer base that makes it sucessful.
    Sorry to hear it kym. Not surprised, just sorry.
  • discreetdiscreet Posts: 3Member
    At least double every back ordered and late order to make up for the screw up v2.  Really, what kind of minimum wage IT team do you guys use?  
    Thank You 
      I just don't understand the big problem. Take the orders by hand and pay a data entry tech to enter them after the crisis. Take the hand written orders and fill them. Put a stamp on them or call ups and get them delivered. It may take more time but at least the product would be delivered.
    Amen Discreet!!!
  • discreetdiscreet Posts: 3Member
    The comments on the v2cigs FaceBook account about you guys being a fly by night Scam operation look more and more true now, especially with the system being down for two whole days.  v2 will take your money no problem on items they don't have in stock, keeping you wondering if it'll ever be sent to you.  Hmmmmm, a few hundred or thousand "Back orders" with money taken then order from China and mabey send them out?  Its the classic fly by night scam people.

That is what I am starting to fear. i am a new customer, i placed my order on Monday, money has been charged to my account but yet V2 cant provide me with any info they cant even tell me if they received my order.
  • YzolowlYzolowl Posts: 4Member
    I placed my order on the 9th..express delivery...charge went through immediately.  Still no vape....now outage
    and I can't sign in to check status. I tried resetting my password and my user name isn't recognized? What gives?
    No. They are not a fly by night company. They sent me my stuff. It just took forever. And one of the batteries didn't work. And now the other battery is messing up. So not so much fly by night as inept.
    Hmm that is not very good sign of quality, i am thinking of canceling my order, as slow shipping and bad quality is na bad mix, especially as this will be used to kick regular smokes, so if i run out of cartridges and they take forever shipping it will suck.. Does anyone have suggestions for alternatives?
    progress..I think...waiting for email to reset password

It won't help you view your account. It just lets you make an order.

edited March 2011
    oye
    If you call them and hit 0, eventually you can talk to a real person. I don't know if you will get the anwser you want, but you can tell some one how you feel.
  • DarioDario Posts: 5Member
    This forum went from "outage" to "outrage". Might as well fix the title. It only takes 2.4 seconds to add an "r".
    And 2.4 months to recieve an order from V2. Maybe.
    2.4 drags to break the battery
    2.4 seconds for this 60.5 year old woman to click "Back to Discussions" to close a thread that's nothing but a bunch of bitchin'.

X(
    LOL  j/k
    well....live chat worked. uh.."Pixie" said my order is "most likely" already boxed up and will ship tomorrow and will credit my v2 account for shipping
    time will tell
    Most likely? Sounds like you might be i luck........maybe
    edited March 2011
    Deleted as this was a chat post which is currently not allowed in this forum
  • marni_V2cigsmarni_V2cigs Posts: 1,154Member
    We should just rename the thread "Bash V2 Cigs Here"

sigh...tough day at V2
    =((
    To clarify, Steve
    No order info is lost, we just can't access it. All account info is retained. All orders are retained. All cancellations-should you request one-will be processed. 

Now I'll be  going before you all behead me in a fit of V2 directed rage. Hopefully we'll all be friends again tomorrow :)

By the way, 0bWAN...

I have to correct you...no where on Facebook does it say "On Facebook they're claiming ALL orders shipped & out the door tomorrow."

??

It says orders have gone through...meaning we did not lose orders.  Just clarifying. :)

Ouch have to wait till next week.
    But atleast they did not loose any orders so that is a great sign of recovery
    :)
    edited March 2011
    I'm not mad marni. I'm disappointed because I called and verified the products would make it *BEFORE* I ordered. 24-48 hours suddenly turned into two weeks. Then the server goes down and the next day the items I ordered are 20% off. No one can help me because the systems are down. Meanwhile the purchase processed at my bank and you have the money. Now I have a plane to catch next Thursday and I doubt I'll find what I'm looking for within that time frame. It screwed me up badly. I'm so disappointed at this process I feel as if ECigs are a waste of time for me. Although I appreciate the kindness from V2 it doesn't help. Now I hope I don't have to contend with getting a refund.
    Yes