18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Just read this....

jesspjessp Posts: 29Member
edited March 2011 in The World of E-Cigarettes

I just read this and people like this really make me mad......do they read anything on how much e-cigs help people.  I recieved my kit 3 weeks ago and haven't had a real cig since. 

'Others see the devices as a sneaky way to get people hooked on nicotine. One is Michael Eriksen, ScD, director of the institute of public health at Atlanta's Georgia State University and former director of CDC's office of smoking and health.

"I have seen no evidence that people switch from tobacco cigarettes to e-cigarettes or other smokeless tobacco products," Eriksen recently told WebMD. "If you look at how smokeless products are marketed, they are sold as something to use at times you can't smoke. The implication is you will increase nicotine exposure, not reduce smoking."

What a joke.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jesspjessp Posts: 29Member
    They act like non-smokers are just going to pick these up for fun.  I'm pretty sure non-smokers are proud of the fact that they don't smoke and aren't going to run out and buy an e-cig because they are not as bad as analogs.  I haven't heard anyone on this forum using e-cigs just to be able to vape where you can't smoke.  I'm in a bad mood and that guy really pushed a button.
  • WhoWantstoKnowWhoWantstoKnow Posts: 315Member
    What I love is that they completely ignore the many people who have had vast improvements to their health after making the switch to e-cigs. Is breathing better not good enough for them? They all seem to agree that e-cigs are better then tobacco cigs, and nobody is claiming they are totally safe. 

There are things in e-cigs that are bad for you, this is not being kept hidden from anybody, but to try and keep it out of the US because of these few things and drive people back to tobacco cigs is clearly idiotic. You can't tell me that these people are not getting their pockets lined by big tobacco and the drug companies who sell patches, gums and pills. 

If I am going to smoke why let me smoke something better then tobacco. 
  • CarolGCarolG Posts: 562Member
    We probably get exposed to more toxins by walking down a busy street breathing in all the exhaust fumes. It's a total joke that they pretend they're trying to save us from harmful stuff. It's all about the money, from the pharma companies and big tobacco to FDA.
  • EarthpigEarthpig Posts: 4,754V2 Veteran
    This is the mindset we need to combat in every means possible.
    It's even evident here on the "you tube" section of this site

V2,,Again Look At What You Have On That Portion Of Your Site!!! It's Horrific/sad/bad for sales!!!
    The supposed expert doctor ois an unstudied moron, (being nice about it) and the reporter isn't doing his job either.

I've heard this kind of crap from so many unstudied news sources, and yet it conflicts heavily with what I see in real life, selling out of the Kiosk's and other locations.

Never, in 8 mo's, have I had "but one child" EVER ask to buy these things. The one that did, was about 12 yrs old and wanted in the worst way to buy it for his mother, to help her. NOT for himself
    Yet they keep saying it is marketed towards kids with the candied flavors.

Never have I ever had an ex-smoker want to buy one, unless as a gift for a smoker. No Non-Smoker wants to use these. Curious? Yes!

Now I have had a few customers who were smokers wanting them for areas where they can't smoke. Fine with that. What most times happens is they like to vape more than smoke, and either cut down or out the cigs.
    Good!

Never have I run into a doctor who when the ingredients were thoroughly explained , that didn't think these were an excellent idea.
    I have one Pulmonary Surgeon endorsing these, my own Holistic Doctor, (who is a skeptic on anything ingested) and my family Doctor who loves the concept.....Difference here is these doctors aren't ""Bought Off""  The Pul Surgeon came in with his trackeotomy  patient and directed him to purchase a kit for the trak's girlfriend. He then took a handfull of flyers for other patients.

We have a war, friends. A war against big pharma buying off FDA, Politicians, Amer Cancer Soc, Amer Lung Assoc. due to revenue losses. Seems like big tobacco is just sitting back watching but not throwing in. 

Get active, folks.

• ScotthtScottht Posts: 24Member
    If you think for one second that the government is going to take this laying down, you are sadly mistaken. Until they can figure out a way to get there share, they will constantly look for ways to kill this product.
    Yup 
    Fight back. Threaten to run flyers and campaigns against any politician that tries to step on your rights.
    Proactivity, friends.
    Apathy is what got us banned and taxed to the hilt last time.

Ya'll want that again???
  • TheRealFolkBluesTheRealFolkBlues Posts: 14Member
    Freedom to vape!
  • Pontiac_BonnevillePontiac_Bonneville Posts: 47Member
    I don't think the tobacco industry really at this point is threatened. There usually wrapped up in legal battles about there cigarettes and health panels and people suing saying I never knew these could kill me. Then with the FDA wanting to ban menthol cigarettes because of the youth. They have bigger things they need to deal with. I use my v2 everyday and I am out and about regulary. I rarely see anyone vaping. I see plenty at the gas station saying I want a pack of these or two packs of that. I think most of the problems are with state and federal tax regulations. Even though v2 doesn't leave out the sales tax for my items. Many e cig companies do. Plus no tobacco tax on any electronic cigarette product. The thing is tobacco cigarettes can kill you. Electronic cigarettes are in the early life. Are they scientifically safer then tobacco, nothing is yet 100% sure. Theoretically yes they are being of the contents inside the cartridge or cartomizer. The thing that they have a Foot to stand on is what possibly could these things do to lungs and what not in say 10 years or maybe 20. Which no one will be able to say at this point in time. It's kind of saying were lab rats for future generations. I can also see how these can attract kids. For the reasons of no tobacco taste unless you buy that style cart. They make multiples of flavors that would attract pretty much every age group you can think of. So I pretty much remain unbiased. I understand all parties points of views in the matter. It's pretty much like soda in which pepsi, coke, sprite, mt dew. People choose what they want and will use what they want. I use my v2 but doesn't mean I have to go all crazy on my friends for smoking newports. I can see where some people are coming from in there reports and I understand the e cig side. But you can't blame them for trying to stop e cigs. It's like owning a hardware store on the block and somebody opens up a brand new one to compete with your sales. Of course your going to try everything in your power to rise against them and put them out of business. Look at Microsoft and apple Inc, these two are in lawsuits everyday over patents or in designs because that's how crucial it is to stay on top of one another. Same in this situation, both sides are going to duke it out and only one will remain on top.
    edited March 2011
    Given the Ruyan and N-Joy studies which went into a spectral analysis of what's in e-cigs, and ongoing studies on 2nd hand vaopr, as well as a pure analysis of ingredients (~~~50 chemicals vs ~200 which morph to ~4000+ when burned) we know what is in e-cigs base materials and their basic tobacco flavors. We have much much more knowledge of e-cig ingredients than we do in actual cigs now.
    (I always harp on flavors and carto burn, which by comparison are minimal issues to cigs)
    Even the FDA has little to harp on, and went to the degree of harping on it's nicotine quality which is vastly superior to that in regular cigs. Also a bitch on a tainted carto in a N-Joy catro (which FDA deserves thanks for....now I will be ill for giving them credit).
    Basically even the FDA, given the chance to find bad,, but didn't/couldn't, (and they have a financial stake in it.. )That becomes obvious when reading their findings.

So I humbly disagree on the dangers, even long term....It's ""Harm Reduction"" to a massive degree.

It's Big Pharma's loss, and they are paying heavily in lost revenues and monies paying off  FDA and politicians. (Seen the contribution list to Terry Link, Illinois state Sen...he's bought off)

Tobacco companies are sitting back saying "See what happened to us?  Your Next !!" They really aren't being hit that bad by e-cigs. In fact, very slightly, their sales have increased over the past decade in the US. I don't know how their foreign sales are , but assumed increased as well. Their hands are full of lawsuits,  taxation and other issues where e-cigs are just a gnat to swat at. Not a threat.

And my personal sales experiences denounce the "directed at children' scare tactic. I don't see evidence of it, but it's a good one to scare unknowing people with...Another tactic of FDA.

Finally, long term use wil most likely show a few health issues. Remember it's "Harm Reduction", not "Elimination". Some of the misuse I see with e-cigs will most likely show a few issues. Some vaping with 5+ v, and basically clouding themselves with vapor , as well as some sickening flavor abuse with artificial caustic ingredients.  It will in no way come even close to cigs for harm even with the abuse. That appears obvious.

NO Deaths Have Yet Been Attributed To E-Cigs, in the USA, and I haven't heard of foreign deaths either. Watch however when we get going. X-smokers deaths who also vaped will be dragged into the death toll mix, but then what was the real cause? 20+ years of smoking, or the e-cig used after?  The confusion (on purpose) will begin.

• goin4nosmokegoin4nosmoke Posts: 1,672Member
    processing,,,,,wow EP, great thinking
    I keep processing folks who are misled by weak and bad information from FDA and their ilk as well as even bad reporting, as well as twisted political goals.
    Ever catch yourself yelling at the stupidity on your TV screen? 
    You know the folks on the other end can't hear you.  You just can't be silent when you see it. Your jaw drops and you sit there in disbelief as you are watching...Next you get vocal.

That's what happens to me when watching the You Tube links V2 has posted up  for """good information"".
    A unstudied doctor and a wishy washy reporter, doing more damage than good with stupidity.
    AAAARRRRGGGGHHH ! ! 

**raising hand**

no ***waving hand viguously****

my hubby thinks i am nuts...but he knew that before we married.....he knew what he was getting into  lolololol...i also scream at computer, but i notice that the more i do that the more my puter likes to crash on me...so i gotta show patience, but i dont have any so...well, i gues i am screwed  lol

• JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,248Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Didn't read the thread - Just following Amy around.
    hey  howdy  lovin ya JackieO
    I really hate the attracting kids line that they are throwing out there to get the lines of idiot soccer moms out there against us. Have you ever vaped a flavor cart? Some of them taste pretty darn good, but not as good as the real thing. I would not want Vape vanilla to be my replacement for ice-cream. 

ENP is right we have to get the voices out there. The government is going to keep being a problem unless going against e-cigs becomes unpopular, unless it cost them votes to do so. They are not our friends, they are not our protectors, they are just going to do whatever is popular and keeps them in office no matter what the truth is behind it. If the FDA's misinformation is continued to be unchallenged on a large scale then that is how people will swing because not enough people are out there telling the truth. 

You see an article in the news paper spreading the lies, leave a comment with the truth and links to support it.
    Get the biggest truth out there. This is not about quitting smoking. We like smoking and we are going to. Now we have vapor as an option, it's a better, safer(note the er) option. To take it away as an option would just drive us back to normal cigs. Look at the facts for yourself and you will see the truth.
    edited March 2011
    Hey.
    Better yet. Try and get articles in the papers/etc.
    Also let politicians know, you (with the aid of org's (Casaa, etc)) will start a campaign against them, if they so much as consider restrictions and make sure 2012-2014 won't be easy at the voting booth. Do this in letter and phone calls. E-mails are basically ineffective, and get canned responses, but are a follow up.
    The phone seems to be a lost art folks. We are all old enough to understand the effects and time consumed by a politicians office when the phone is used. It is the most effective method by far. That and Media!
    Also make a point of dropping in on them at their office.....It gets attention...

But please be rational and kind, but stern.  
    Agreed again EP. We have to be rational adults in how we handle this. The facts are on our side we just have to get them out there to the right people and as many people as we can. 
  • JackieOJackieO Posts: 10,248Member ✭✭✭
    Lost Amy - read thread - great stuff.