18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PRO V2 PRO is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

Question about the battery

jmorvjmorv Posts: 227Member
edited March 2011 in V2 Cigs Product Q&A

First off, I am pleased to say that the chance I took on purchasing the V2 is paying off.  Ihad to wait a little longer than expected to receive it, but needless to say, I got it yesterday and set everything up and now I am using it more often than smoking traditional cigarettes.  One question though, I received my starter kit with two batteries, one of which is the long battery and the other being standard and both are automatic.  The instructions stated that the batteries are shipped with a partial charge so i went ahead and started to charge the long battery.  The led on the end of the battery lit to a steady red and the charger also had a red light, so i was convinced that the charging system was working.  When I tried to charge the short battery, the led in the battery blinked 3 times and then went out, and the charger light was green.  Does this mean that my "partially" charged standard battery is at full charge?  I tried plugging in the charger into a wall outlet and got the same results as I did with the USB connection to my computer.

I am at work now and again, I tried out the charging system for both batteries and the same results applied with the long battery charging normally and the short battery blinking 3 times and going out.  If this is a battery issue then how do i return it to V2cigs?  If not, I will keep on using my e-cig as usual and be a happy camper.

Thanks,

Jim

Comments

• VapinitaVapinita Posts: 746Member
    There are some variables in how the batteries charge. My guess is that your XL battery needs to be charged until the light on the charge cord turns green (or amber as it does sometimes) and the standard length battery must have been shipped with a full charge. If they work right once you begin using them, then just consider the variations in how they charge as acceptable.
  • Ka0sKa0s Posts: 1,220Member
    JMORV.. Try vaping them.. When one stops working and blinks 10 - 15 times, charge it and see what happens.. Standard might be full charge.. I received a fully charged battery too and it works fine. :) 
  • jmorvjmorv Posts: 227Member

Well as I can be a worrywart sometimes, I went ahead and used the cigs as they were until last night, when i noticed that my first cart was out of vapor, but when I went to exchange it, I noticed that the long battery that I placed into the charger about 3 hours prior was still charging.  I didn't expect the long cig battery to charge so long, but I removed it and started to charge the shorty.  I observed something odd.  When I plugged in the charger, the light on the charger (not the ash end of the battery) was red, but it would intermittenly blink.  As for the ash end of the battery, which I assumed was supposed to glow red when charging, was not lit at all.

Maybe I am still rather confused on how these batteries charge.  Anyone care to "clear the air" so to speak?

Thanks,

Jim

• BillyVBillyV Posts: 109Member
    My short battery (ash try end) blinks when first plugging in but then goes out. The light on the charger turns from green to red as yes it does blink intermittenly until it's charged. At that point the light on the charger turns green indicating it's fully charged. I don't have a long battery, so I'm not sure if they are supposed to charge the same way or not.
  • CarolGCarolG Posts: 565Member
    Don't worry about what the LED light does when on the charger, they act differently. My charger lights (I have 2 V2 chargers) stay solid red, then turn orange, and then green when fully charged. Sometimes they do blink a tiny bit when they're getting close to full charge.

Ah ok, you know I consider myself to be rather educated in the field of colors and I DID happen to notice that the red light on the charger looked a little more orange.  The more I stared at it, then my eyes went cross and I just figured I was tired...anywho your observations have helped me understand a little better.  I guess I'll keep using the batteries until I get the blinking led on the ash end of the battery and chargwe away.  Thanks to all who have responded, it is appreciated. :)

Jim

Well it appears that the shorty battery charges fine and usage is normal.  The long battery, however, there appears to be an issue with the charge.  I put it on charge last night and after 4 hours, it was still charging (the red light was still glowing).  I fear I may overcharge or cause a short or fire if I leave it.  I guess I need to contact C/S. :(

Jim
  • Stephanie_V2cigsStephanie_V2cigs Posts: 546Banned
    jim, we do have smart chargers at this time so it should not overcharge the battery, just a quick fyi, also the longs can take a long time to charge, but please contact us so we may help :-)
    Ok, to reitterate what is happening, I can charge the shorty battery with the charger plugged into a wall outlet and it does fine...charges, light turns green when done, although the ash end of the battery does not light up when being charged.  For the long battery, charged with the charger in the wall, ash end of battery lights red, but after 4 hours, still no sign that the battery is finished charging.  Does anyone know how long it takes to charge?   If it's less than the time I have already charged it, then could the battery be bad?

Jim
  • VapinitaVapinita Posts: 746Member
    The XL batteries can take 6 hours or longer to reach full charge. The LED on the ash end of the battery behaves differently from battery to battery. Sometimes it glows, but on others, it doesn't.
  • LegioXLegioX Posts: 61Member
    edited April 2011
    @ Jmorv. Some of the long batteries don't turn green when charged, but still actually get fully charged. V2 fixed this issue and should have the resolved stock in soon. At any rate, they should still work fine. HOWEVER, it is possible that the battery is defective in addition to the light not going green. Charge it for 4 hours and see how long it lasts, if it doesnt last you many hours then its defective.

also, wall charging is faster than USB charging via computer/car
    Ok, then I will attempt to charge it this evening and let it run overnight.  If I get the green battery light when charged, then cool, if not, I will have to contact V2 for a replacement.

Jim
    Well let it run overnight, then use it all day tommorow (if possible). If it lasts a good amount of time. say an entire work day or 8 hours of heavy vaping, then you know you're golden, just the slight inconvenience of the light not turning green. I wouldn't expect it to turn green, as I think all the V2 longs have this firmware issue, not sure..my 5 second cutoff one did but my new one coming monday should be different so I will test it. But if you charge it and it does hold a charge for a while, I would say hold onto it until newer ones come out and get a replacement then .
    I let the long battery charge overnight (well past 8 hours time) and I didn't get any indication that it was fully charged which kinda bugs me as I am used to charging things and having an indication (i.e. light) the battery is charged to where it should be.

In any case, it appears to be working but for how long is another question.

Jim
    edited April 2011
    @ jmorv. It sounds like its not defective then if its been working at all...usually ones that don't hold a charge die VERY quickly, like 10-50 puffs. If you can use it the rest of the night without it dying I'd say its fine.

V2 says the fact that the light does not turn green is a firmware issue, something with the battery knowing when its fully charged and to stop accepting charge, but the battery itself not turning green because of some firmware issue with the battery itself which doesn't hinder its performance necessarily. It is annoying, although I noticed with a different companies chargers it actually turned green (but was still defective). Like I've said my XL replacement will be here tommorow...so will see if its the newer 10sec cut off one and if it holds the charge etc. etc.

I'm curious if it will turn green when charged...if it does I will let you know so you can ask for a replacement if indeed your battery does work, but the light not turning green with a V2 charger does bother you (which it might, understandably)
    Just got my replacement XL stainless auto...still does not light up when charged, and still has a 6 second cutoff. Not overly impressed with it, I think my newer 10 sec cut off standard auto is more powerful. It sounds very airy too *shrug* going to shelf this battery I think
    Well I have my proof now that the long battery is bad.  After charging it over that 8 hour timeframe, it hadn't lasted the day.  My shorty had more juice in it.  Gonna have to contact CS about a replacement.